Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your price?

Burgold

They say everyone can be bought. What is your price? Is it a million dollars? A trip to see the Redskins win the Superbowl? The safety of your kids? An evening with Jessica Alba? Or can you not be bought and your ethics aren't even for rent? Some can't be bought because they actually stand for nothing. These people can be hired or contracted though. Most politicians can't be bought, they can only be leased. Besides, they've been bought already many times over.

So, what is your price? How much would it cost for you to do something you are philosophically or spiritually or fundamentally really opposed to? Like murder, betraying your country, or voting for Hillary?

I would like to believe, and I do believe, that there is no circumstance under which I would betray my God, my family or my country. If any of the three were ever to happen, you can rest assured it would be under the duress of some pretty serious torture. Even then, I'd like to think I would accept death before betraying one of the big three. Course, you never know until the situation presents itself.

I might compromise on some of the less significant issues; but even then I think you'd find that my "price" would be significantly higher than the average Joe. (i.e. -- You can't afford me!) :laugh:

I would like to believe, and I do believe, that there is no circumstance under which I would betray my God, my family or my country. If any of the three were ever to happen, you can rest assured it would be under the duress of some pretty serious torture. Even then, I'd like to think I would accept death before betraying one of the big three. Course, you never know until the situation presents itself.

I might compromise on some of the less significant issues; but even then I think you'd find that my "price" would be significantly higher than the average Joe. (i.e. -- You can't afford me!) :laugh:

Which issues ? And why ?

In my mind some things are not acceptable.

So therefore, regardless of compensation, it wouldn't even be an option.

Which issues ? And why ?

In my mind some things are not acceptable.

So therefore, regardless of compensation, it wouldn't even be an option.

I really can't think of anything off hand. Maybe I'm one of those rare people who "DOESN'T have a price for the Million Dollar Man." :laugh:

2291.jpg

A story about George Bernard Shaw. He was at a party and said to a woman that everyone would agree to do anything for money, if the price was high enough.

`Surely not, she said.'

`Oh yes you would,' he said. `For instance,' he said, `would you sleep with me for... for a million pounds?'

`Well,' she said, `maybe for a million I would, yes.'

`Would you do it for ten shillings?' said Bernard Shaw.

`Certainly not!' said the woman `What do you take me for? A prostitute?'

`We've established that already,' said Bernard Shaw. `We're just trying to fix your price now!' "

Archived