Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our next coach?

BlackMagic21

I am hoping for Russ Grimm. Not only does he belong in the B&G, but he'll have a chip on his shoulder for not getting the Arizona or Pittsburgh jobs.

Im all for giving Russ Grimm a shot as head coach...once Gibbs' contract is up.

Yes! Two people who use logic! I was surprised that Grimm didn't get either job this offseason. He would be a great, tough coach who loves redskins football (aka running the ball and tough defense).

Well ya know the Skins could always get Nerd Turner back. haha-HEY! But seriously folks, the new Gibbs era is one of unity. And his mission is to re-establish this franchise as a success for years to come. When the time comes, Coach Gibbs will have a short list of successors for The Dan. And Pete Carroll won't be one of 'em.

Wish he had that kind of commitment for developing yonger players to keep the franchise going.:doh:

Pete Carroll? :doh:

How many times does he have to prove that he's a failure in the NFL?

I would like to see us snatch up a coordinator on his way up. Russ Grimm might be a possibility, but I think that the Steelers passing on him makes me a little nervous. What didn't they see in him?

What about Rob Ryan from Oakland?

Pete Carroll:

'97-99 3 seasons as head coach with the Patriots: 27-21, playoffs twice and division champion once.

'95-96 2 years with San Francisco as DC: 23-9 division champion twice

Before that ('84-94), record as a coach or coordinator in the NFL (only once as HC with Jets) was mixed, much like ours.

Not saying I want him, but is a far cry above Spurrier. At least he has proven himself on a couple of occasions as head coach.

That aside, there are other coaches I would rather have to take over the reigns after JG's contract is up (JG being one of them :D)

I think the job is likely Gregg's if he wants it though.

:doh: Didn't we just get a lot younger this year? We've also had a lot of success in the draft the last couple years and have a full set of picks next year.

We are starting to move in the right direction, but I haven't seen much youth come in on the lines. I think thats where we need the most help. A lot of our starting guys on the line seem to be old, or injury prone or both. We just can't seem to catch a break in that dept.

Pete Carroll won't come back to the NFL (if he's smart). Right now he has the best team in NCAA football, complete command of the program at USC and is making a nice chunk of change.

He's had very little success in the NFL and I don't see why we'd hire him over someone like Al Saunders (who is my personal choice for next HC). His NFL Regular Season record of 33-31 and NFL Post season record of 1-2 demonstrate that.

The biggest question for the next HC of the Redskins is who will that person have to work with.

Will Snyder/Cerrato still be playing the role of GM or will they finally wise up and remove themselves from the equation.

I think the next headcoach is likely already here:

If Jason Campbell shows significant growth this season then I would say Al Suanders is the guy because to make Jason have to learn a new offense would set the entire franchise back by 1-2 years.

We are starting to move in the right direction, but I haven't seen much youth come in on the lines. I think thats where we need the most help. A lot of our starting guys on the line seem to be old, or injury prone or both. We just can't seem to catch a break in that dept.

stephon heyer, golston, montgomery, chris wilson. hum whats your diffenition of young linemen. and since lafuto is still on the practice squad, you can add him to the list.

stephon heyer, golston, montgomery, chris wilson. hum whats your diffenition of young linemen. and since lafuto is still on the practice squad, you can add him to the list.

Heyer is the only one starting and how many linemen are hurt ? 2-3? I think everyone here would agree the 'skins have injury -prone linemen and some of the oldest in the Nfl. But I am guessing right now. I think I heard that a couple years ago when they were talking about how old Brunell was.Then they were talking about how we had the oldest average age of linemen in the NFL.

Cohwer has said that he is happy and will not be coaching in 2008.

Carol has said that he is happy at USC and has no interest coaching in the NFL

Saunders - maybe

Williams - probably (wasn't he promised the job if he stayed?)

Hmmmm. I know who will be looking for a job.... How about:

Tom Caughlin :laugh:

J/K - Really J/K!

Remember Dan Snyder is a great Redskin's "fan". His memory, sentiment and loyalty are to the Gibbs I teams. If it is left totally up to Mr. Snyder, it will be Russ Grimm since he is the only Redskin from the glory days who is coaching and has attained some degree of success. This would not be a bad option.

If it is not Russ Grimm, Mr. Snyder will probably promote from within. These guys are "his" guys. Gregg Williams seems to be the obvious choice, but remember what Snyder did to Schottenheimer when Snyder wanted to go in another direction. He let him walk. I think it is impossible to predict what Snyder will do. It depends on the circumstances and who is available at the time. He will take into account success, whether it is in the pros or in college. He will take into account influence. He will take in to account age. He will take into account Redskins tradition ( Never another Cowboy, Eagles, Giants coach or coordinator here!!!) Remember, Mr. Snyder is a businessman first. He will make a business decision tinged with a great deal of fanaticism.

Archived