Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our next coach?

BlackMagic21

We have got to get Pete Carroll to come coach here when gibbs leave's it will probabley be hard to get him to leave but damn I think he would be a perfect fit for this group of characters.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we cannot afford another Steve Spurrier id rather have cowher or gregg williams to come in here and coach for us

Pete Carroll didn't do well in the NFL and is much more suited to college football. He is in the perfect place, why in the world would he want to move on, especially since he already failed in the NFL.

Besides if we were to go after any NFL coach it would have to be someone a UM coach. He would already be familiar with Moss, Portis, Taylor and McIntosh

I don't normally get involved in "what if.." threads, but I want to say something outside convention.

The coach I've been most impressed with over the past couple years is Greg Blache. I think he's a great HC candidate for anyone and we might be losing out without him. The D-Line seems like they would run through a wall for him and he doesn't seem to be as rash or controversial as some of the other in-house choices.

I don't expect it, but I know I could live with it.

Carroll's a great college coach but I don't wanna go through that experiment again after Spurrier. I also don't like Cowher since he would likely switch us to the 3-4 which we don't have the personnel to run. Personally I would like to see a guy like Russ Grimm come in, he would keep the great offensive line play going and probably wouldn't mess with the defense too much as long as it's working. We could promote Greg Blache to defensive coordinator, and since we're apparently running the old Gibbs offense anyway it's not like that would be any big adjustment. I know this scenario would never happen though, Danny boy will look for a big name to bring in, which makes Cowher the most likely option.

Archived