Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patriots interfered with coaches headsets

Hooper

From reading the article it sounds like he was aware, but not completely aware and that he didn't approve. Read the quotes from the ex-Pats employee. Heres some of them:

Nice find sable. Exactly the kind of article I was looking for when I made that unfounded statement. It seems there could be a little more truth to it than idle speculation.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/09/13/cheating/index.html?eref=T1

"At one point we had a good drive going against the Patriots," said one Lion who doesn't want his name involved in this mess, but was willing to talk about it. "Mike Martz really had 'em going. They were getting fouled up, lining up wrong, we were moving the ball. Then boom, the headset from the sidelines to the coaches' booth goes out.

"Next possession we were moving the ball again and the same thing happened. You know it only takes two or three plays to mess up a drive."

Matt Millen, the Lions' GM, was talking to Bengals' coach Marvin Lewis at the league meetings. He started telling him the story.

"Yeah, I know," Lewis said. "Headset went out. It happened to me in Foxboro, too."

Marinelli was the defensive line coach in Tampa Bay when the Bucs beat the Patriots in the 2000 regular season opener and did a good job controlling New England's offense. After the game the Patriots' offensive coach, Charlie Weis, was overheard congratulating the Bucs' defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin.

"We knew all your calls, and you still stopped us," Weis said. "I can't believe it."

:mad::mad::mad: Screw them! I have lost all respect for that organization!

Maybe Mangini got tired of being overshadowed by his former boss. That's all I can think.

If this is all legit, there's a 1000% chance Brady is also involved. He would have to be.

Time to sing along :silly:

Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EU1O-hGxgg

Edit: Really I think Brady is an innocent bystandard who benefited :2cents:

I posted this before:

"I assure you it may start coming out that there is much more to this story than they wanted to let out. There are league sources that are saying it started during the season they beat the Rams in the superbowl. I have made my calls to some associates around and they are all digging up alot of dirt that has been swept under the rug for years. That year it was the feel good story of the year and it was let go...the nation needed a boost. Then it perpetuated from there.

I believe you.

I deal with this stuff for the Gov so I know how tricky they can get. A lot of it is pretty obvious and I bet it goes back to even the NYG days.

I dont think you can take away SB wins from them. The fine on the coach was hefty enough. The fine on the team was chump change. The loss of draft pick(s) is a good one. Adding in a 4 week suspension would have been icing on the cake.

I wonder if teams will insist on brining their own headsets and transmitters to games in the near future. This way you have your own system and have scramblers, preferrably ones that change "scrambles" thruout the game.

It's not odd, it was stupid for Billichick to think he would get away with it against him. Arrogance.

Mangini and Billichick have some hate towards each other. I think it's classic and a statement about Bill's fiber that one of his apprentices pulled the alarm.

I guess the Dark Lords of the Sith have turned on each other huh. Seriously, doesn't Belichick resemble the Empreror, some creepy old mean dude in a hoodie.

I lived in Boston when Billy Cheat and Kraft moved in with Parcells. I lived there for six years and could count the number of Patriot fans I knew on one hand. They were really bad. The turnaround in many ways is remarkable, especially considering the fact that Bill Cheat didn't have a lot of success with a previous stint with the Browns. He only had one winning season in 5 years with the Browns and turned around the Patriots in two years with a relatively new owner. It seems to good to be true from my perspective.

I've been rooting against them no matter who they play (except Dallass, Philthy and Screw York), but now I'm on a quest. Chargers and LT need to hand them their ass on Sunday night.

I wouldn't count on it. Norv will probably forget to give LT the ball.

I wouldn't count on it. Norv will probably forget to give LT the ball.

I don't see Norv beating Belichick either. His biggest advantage is that Belichick doesn't have much video tape of his signals yet.

Unless he's dumb enough to use the same ones he used in San Fran, lol.

All I can think about is those eagles games when it seemed like every time we blitzed they burned us on a screen pass for 20 yards. I know deep down that similar stuff is and has been going on in our division too. Some of the games we have had against division rivals they have just had our number almost too well. I have always suspected it was at the very least scouting on the brink of spying but now I think it was probably a lot more.

Archived