Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Upper Level fans = horrible

wormer

I hate to lump everyone in on this one cuz I know there are many upper level fans who are hard core and there from well before kick off, but wow. At the start of the game yesterday I looked up at the upper deck and would guess is was just a tad over 1/2 full.

It took untill about 1:30 untill it was about 90% full and that was about the MAX it was full the rest of the game.

This is just horrible.

You know how long it takes to get to the stadium.

You know how long it takes to get through secuity.

You know how long it takes to get to your seats.

PLAN ACCORDINGLY!!!

IF YOU CAN NOT MAKE THE GAME SELL OR GIVE AWAY YOUR TICKETS!!

Dude, the UL held its own on Sunday. I know personally that it was brutally hot. A lot of the fans with young kids had to step out in the concourse in the second half because they were worried about their kids. I am a die hard and have little sympathy for fans that don't show or don't stay. But 96 degrees with no cover and kids usually is a recipe for miserable. The UL had maybe 1500 empty seats, which increased as the game went along.

Dude, the UL held its own on Sunday. I know personally that it was brutally hot. A lot of the fans with young kids had to step out in the concourse in the second half because they were worried about their kids. I am a die hard and have little sympathy for fans that don't show or don't stay. But 96 degrees with no cover and kids usually is a recipe for miserable. The UL had maybe 1500 empty seats, which increased as the game went along.

It was real brutal up there, felt bad for the people who were sitting on the dolphins sideline as they had the sun in there eyes the entire game, i was lucky enough to have it to my back. Im proud of my UL brethren as we made it through a tough game, my only complaint was the massive amounts of turquoise and orange that were there. Made me sick.

Left Trenton, NJ by way of Amtrak, at 9:02 am and arrived at New Carrolton at 11:07am where I met my dad.

10 minutes later arrived at Landover station via Metro and boarded shuttle to the stadium.

Maybe 15 minutes later arrived at the House that Jack Kent Cooke built.

The lines on the escalator sucked but the old man couldn't walk the ramps. The heat was pretty bad but the reward was, no sun beating down on my bald head due to the nice Fed Ex sign behind us!!!!!!!!!

1st year season ticket holder section 451 row 29

Unless I am in the 200's under cover? I'll stay in the bleeds and be one of the row 29 Wall Bangers!!!!!!!!

I hate to lump everyone in on this one cuz I know there are many upper level fans who are hard core and there from well before kick off, but wow. At the start of the game yesterday I looked up at the upper deck and would guess is was just a tad over 1/2 full.

It took untill about 1:30 untill it was about 90% full and that was about the MAX it was full the rest of the game.

This is just horrible.

You know how long it takes to get to the stadium.

You know how long it takes to get through secuity.

You know how long it takes to get to your seats.

PLAN ACCORDINGLY!!!

IF YOU CAN NOT MAKE THE GAME SELL OR GIVE AWAY YOUR TICKETS!!

Admittedly I got there a little late, just in time to see JC's first INT. I'd be glad to trade my UL seats for your LL or Club seats to ensure that I am there in time for kickoff next time.

Dude, shutup. It takes a long time to get from the lots to your seat, especially in the UL. Just being late for kickoff doesn't mean you're not any less of a fan than the next person. Everyone has different agendas. Traffic plays a factor. Your tailgate party plays a factor. The line for the pisser plays a factor. Stop thinking like we're the only fans in the league that don't show up to our seats on time, and that we do it on purpose. It could be alot worse.

I was there for the national anthem, and that was fine by me.

I'll enter the game when I damn well please

True. It does get old hearing one fan tell a group of other fans that they aren't good fans. While I do make every effort to make kickoff, and was able to do so yesterday, there have been times where traffic was exceptionally bad, or even worse, I had a prior commitment that I couldn't break which resulted in my tardiness. As long as I pay for my ticket, I will sit down whenever I damn well please, thank you very much. That is all. ;)

I'll enter the game when I damn well please

lol, nice.

What I don't understand is why you WOULDN'T want to be in your seat for kickoff...I mean, in my case, I spend my hard-earned cash on tickets, drive down from central PA, and either have to fight the traffic to park, or take the Metro and hoof it in...after going through all that, why would I want to miss anything?

I can understand those folks that get stuck in traffic, but as for the dudes partying in the lots, come on...that Natural Ice will still be there after the game, so grab one more, drink it on the way in, and be there for kickoff to support your 'Skins...

people would rather drink in the parking lot and get trashed then come to the game.

and coming off a 5-11 season its not hard to see why. we start winning games, those seats will fill up at 12:50.

but you are right, it was lame seeing so many empty seats up in our area. lametown.

Well I am a season ticket holder so I leave my tailgate at 12:20 b/c I know there are lines to get into the stadium. I am sure that a fan that goes to one or two games a year do not realize how crazy it is to get into the game.

What I don't understand is why you WOULDN'T want to be in your seat for kickoff...I mean, in my case, I spend my hard-earned cash on tickets, drive down from central PA, and either have to fight the traffic to park, or take the Metro and hoof it in...after going through all that, why would I want to miss anything?

Totally agree, I had every intention of gettin there on time, but I guess I forgot how long it took to get all the way upstairs once you actually get to the stadium. It was the first game of the year.

We're all fans bros, there's a lot of people that have family and other stuff to worry about. I've never sat upper level (though I'm sure I will eventually, won't be getting any free club level tickets this year or probably any other haha) but I'm sure that people don't account for how long it takes, especially if they haven't been to a game before, or never to fedex, etc

I'd say that 99% of the fans that don't cheer and who show up late aren't reading these posts... in fact, they probably don't even visit this web site. Instead, what those of us on here need to do is rally the troops around us during the game. My section (401) was pretty quiet at first... but my buddy and I got them going big time! We'd stand up, turn around, give them that look, flail our arms, and cheer our rumps off. We led by example... and soon, just about the entire section responded.

That will get our fans going... because again, those that need to get it going probably aren't visiting this site anyway.

We have the power to make our intensity contagious during games. I know I did... and it was a beautiful thing to see!

Granted, my voice was nearly gone all day today... but it was well worth it.

I thought this would be a rant about how so many in the upper levels were just sitting quietly throughout the entire game.

I noticed that the upper levels were filling in as well during the opening ceremonies, but I don't see that as a problem. It takes a lot of walking to get to the upper levels with mobs of people around you. So long as the upper levels are generally packed through the course of the game, I don't see a problem. Sitting in row 26 of section 425, the hike up there in the heat was not something I wanted to do very often. I try to take care of concession and bathroom visits before sitting.

well, I'm sure there are many like me that aren't familiar with the area. When we went in 2003 we rode the metro from a national mall area hotel to wherever it was that ended. A govt' worker just coming off duty gave us a ride to the stadium. She said we wouldn't be safe at that station waiting for a bus for 45 minutes. We were at the stadium like 2 hours before kickoff. If I had to do it over again I would have waited. I think the author of the thread needs to cut some slack to people not from there that have never been there that have to depend on several forms of transportation to get from point A to point B. Trust me, it's different planning your time that way than when you live 5 minutes away.

Archived