Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heyer or Wade at RT?

TLusby

Wade was inactive and Heyer was active due to the concern of Samuels playing four quarters on his knee. Will Wade who is the back-up to Jansen start next week, or Heyer who seems to play well but has never played RT. Wade looked poor at LG but played well last year filling in for Jansen in New Orleans. My hat goes off to the front office and the depth we have. Just think of the disaster we would have in depth if the Pete Kendall trade did not go through.

I think thats going to be the big question all week long.

I didnt know that Wade was inacative yesterday, so I was a little suprised when I saw Heyer come in to replace Jon.

While Wade is listed as the official backup to jansen, Heyer did a very good job against the defensive player of the year yesterday.

Maybe they will rotate them a bit to keep them fresh... but who knows

I love what Heyer was able to accomplish. With Jansen out, have both active for the fresh legs, back-up factor.

Who should start? Well, IMO, the guy who gives us the best chance to win vs. the defensive coverage/matchups we should be expecting, in a noisy, nasty Vet stadium.

I think Heyer did an outstanding job, coming in and subbing against a tough defense, with only occaisonal (help?) from Cooley.

Personally, I felt the entire offense did outstanding with the exception of our receiver core (other than Randel-El) and Quarterback (I would give him an A without one of those two picks, and an outstanding without both of them).

One would think that Wade would be starting at RT once he is activated. That would seem to be the logical choice. But then again, who has ever accused us of being logical? :)

The brightest side of this whole disaster with having to replace an injured Jansen is, we have found a rookie that we now know can hold his own at both LT and RT.

One would think that Wade would be starting at RT once he is activated. That would seem to be the logical choice. But then again, who has ever accused us of being logical? :)

.....we have found a rookie that we now know can hold his own at both LT and RT.

This is exactly right! I hope he's on at least a three year agreement and not a one year UDFA.

Heyer played really well at left tackle and held up surprisingly well at right tackle. Given how well he played left tackle and the fact he may be our only option there if Samuels is hurt, to me, you go Wade and keep Heyer ready for the worst.

I think in a division game, i'll start the veteran. If we were playing a supcake team then Heyer so we can get him more experience. I firmly believe Heyer will one day be a regular starter for us. He looked great yesterday.

I agree, in a Division game that is a MUST win (yes it is a MUST win), I'd start Wade, and if Wade shows some Exhaustion, rest him for a few series and let Heyer get a few snaps. But Heyer is our hedge on the Samuels bett, so yeah I'd start Wade, if he's healthy, if not then we have little Choice.

Heyer did look pretty good though, but I htink Wade should get a chance at least to start over Heyer. You just can't factor Experience in the game into the decision enough.

Heyer played really well at left tackle and held up surprisingly well at right tackle. Given how well he played left tackle and the fact he may be our only option there if Samuels is hurt, to me, you go Wade and keep Heyer ready for the worst.

This is the right call.

Wade is only RT. Heyer is a swing who can fill on both sides. Put Wade in. If Heyer gets nicked it would not be pretty.

Archived