Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you follow another team/player?

USS Redskins

When I lived in San Diego in the mid 90's and the Redskins sucked I watched the Chargers some. They had our old QB and I hated the Raiders and Broncos so it was easy to root for them then.

I just hated Norv and knew that we would inevitably suck every year but I still watched as many Skins games as I could and talked **** at work when they did win.

My wife thinks I'm a closet Broncos fan when in actuality I watch them in hopes they lose. I love seeing them lose. I dislike the Donx more than any NFC East rival. So I guess I follow them. Plus around here it's about the only football that's reported on. You'd think they were the only NFL team in the US. And a lot of times all other games are blacked out . I think that's why I hate them so much.

I'm first and foremost a Redskins fan so no matter how much I may apperciate/respect another player or team NO ONE comes before my Skins.

I will be watching the 49ers games as my bf is a 49ers fan so that's the only team I will be seeing on a regular basis other than the Skins.

Like some others, I follow football in general. Skins are the only team I actually schedule my life around :D But weekends often find me watching games or checking for info from all around the league. Even have fun keeping tabs on the local highschool teams where I know the coaches.

My wife thinks I'm a closet Broncos fan when in actuality I watch them in hopes they lose. I love seeing them lose. I dislike the Donx more than any NFC East rival. So I guess I follow them. Plus around here it's about the only football that's reported on. You'd think they were the only NFL team in the US. And a lot of times all other games are blacked out . I think that's why I hate them so much.

Wow.. I thought I was the only Skins fan that hated the Broncos almost as much as the cowpukes! 5 years of hearing about how cute Mr. horse teeth was just drove me nuts!!! It's a great Sunday when the skins win and both the cowpukes and Dead horses lose!

The Skins are the only team that really matter to me, but there are individual players on other teams that I enjoy watching.

Hell, I actually enjoy watching the Eagles play the Giants or Cowboys. McNabb, Westbrook and Dawkins are all fun to watch, and if anyone other than the Skins has to win the division I'd prefer it be the Eagles over those two teams.

That said, there is nothing I would trade for a minute of Redskin's football. :D

I "follow" the Texans. I have a friend who plays for them..and I mostly check to see his stats. Plus, they are a TEXAS team. Living in Dallas is difficult to stomach sometimes.

There are players on other teams I enjoy watching perform. I NEVER Tivo any other team however.

I had a psychology teacher who was a huge Texans fan, they definately hate Dallas as much as skins fans do.

His classic liine - "Whats the only difference between Dallas and Yogurt? Culture."

I follow the Falcons due to the fact that we live here outside Atlanta.

As for player I like to see what Lenard Pope is doing . The massive TE for the Cardinals and former Georgia Bulldog would had been a nice compliment to Cooley, but the skins weren't interested in him.

I love football, and I'm married to the Redskins. However, when they're sucking (like.....most of the time), I try to use that time to pay more attention to the league as a whole. I love Peyton Manning, he went to Tennessee and we have the same birthday. I rooted for the Colts and they'd be the closest thing I have to a second team. All that means is that I'll root for them if they're playing anybody but the Skins. I don't have any Colt paraphernalia nor would I ever.

This year I watched that Hard Knocks show and I think I'll take an interest in the Chiefs. They are going to be terrible, but I really got into that show so I feel like have more knowledge about some of their players than I do about some of the Skins.

I am first and foremost a Redskins fan. I follow their every move thanks to this lovely website.

However, I grew up in Tennessee when Peyton Manning was the QB at UT. As soon as he was drafted by the Colts, I became a Colts fan. I dont pay nearly as much attention to them as I do to the Redskins, but I do have a Reggie Wayne jersey hangin in my closet next to my Chris Cooley and Santana Moss jerseys.

What prompted this question is that I have a buddy who claims to be a Skins fan, but never knows anything about them and he told me the other day his fav player was Michael Vick. That mystified me.

I am a fan for 30+ years and I am a Skins fan first and only. My favorite players are the 53 Redskins and after that, I have respect for players but I dont vote for anyone, except someone playing against Dallas, Philly or NYG.

I live in Cincy and if they win, fine but they arent the Skins....

The closest I have ever come to liking another player was Barry Sanders - he was so fun to watch run! But then it was even better when the Skins used to shut his ass down...

And when the Skins have a bad season, like 2006, I suffer from football loosing team syndrome, where the Skins losses depressed me so bad, I just couldnt watch other teams games b/c my team was so bad.

Just curious.

dude your signature is so tight

I don't follow any other team, but I will watch a sunday and monday night game that my not feature the redskins. I'm not just a fan of the redskins, I'm a fan of the nfl as a whole. Of course I hate some teams pertaining to it (giants, cowboys,eagles) but there's no denying how great this sport has become. But nothing can match my happiness when I watch a Redskins game just reach opening kickoff.

Of course like everyone else, I'm a diehard Skins fan, born and raised. My cousin played for the Skins in the early 80s so the family used to watch him together.

Other than the Skins though, I follow all the Auburn players, being an Auburn alum. Specifically I like to see what the Bucs, Dolphins, Bengals, Seahawks, and other teams with AU players are doing. The Bengals mostly though with Rudi, Big Willie, and Kenny.

As most of you know too, playing Fantasy Football often leads to watching several teams/players you normally wouldn't watch. Man, I love football season!

I follow the Bills, for the sake of my wife, as long as her interests don't interfere with mine.

Needless to say, they will on 12/2... ;)

I am in the same boat you are. My wife is a steelers fan. She will watch the redskins when they are and cheer for me. When we play the steelers next year, it will be a hard week. So I feel you there buddy.

Also given that I have a fantasy football team it is a near impossiblity not to follow other players. However routing for them is an entire different animal. As long as they don't play the redskins and they are not an NFC east team, I am all right with whatever.

Archived