Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you follow another team/player?

USS Redskins

What prompted this question is that I have a buddy who claims to be a Skins fan, but never knows anything about them and he told me the other day his fav player was Michael Vick. That mystified me.

I am a fan for 30+ years and I am a Skins fan first and only. My favorite players are the 53 Redskins and after that, I have respect for players but I dont vote for anyone, except someone playing against Dallas, Philly or NYG.

I live in Cincy and if they win, fine but they arent the Skins....

The closest I have ever come to liking another player was Barry Sanders - he was so fun to watch run! But then it was even better when the Skins used to shut his ass down...

And when the Skins have a bad season, like 2006, I suffer from football loosing team syndrome, where the Skins losses depressed me so bad, I just couldnt watch other teams games b/c my team was so bad.

Just curious.

I "follow" the Texans. I have a friend who plays for them..and I mostly check to see his stats. Plus, they are a TEXAS team. Living in Dallas is difficult to stomach sometimes.

There are players on other teams I enjoy watching perform. I NEVER Tivo any other team however.

I follow plenty of players but I don't care for the team they play for.Players I like to watch are:

Reggie Bush

Steve Smith

Torry Holt

Larry Fitzgerald

Charles Woodson

Julius Peppers

Troy Polamalu

Devin Hester

Donovan McNabb

Brian Westbrook

Tom Brady

Randy Moss

Ed Reed

Chad Johnson

Willie Parker

Kellen Winslow Jr.

Vince Young

Mo Jones Drew

Rashean Mathis

Peyton Manning

LaDainian Tomlinson

Champ Bailey

Michael Huff

There are more, but I can't think of them right now.

The only players I follow that aren't on the Skins are those from Ohio University (my school). Unfortunately that list is mighty short, Dave Zastudil.

Represent that Ohio University. I am originally from Athens but i moved here when i was very young, but i still follow them because i have family in Athens. Hopefully Kelvin McRae will be able to make it in the NFL.

I follow a lot of teams and players, but only when the Skins are not playing, during commercial breaks, or halftime. I usually watch the Panthers to see how bad they are doing so I can rub it in on fellow co-workers. As far as watching other teams, I usually like to see Farve play or LT with the Chargers. If a division opponent is playing, I of course watch that game and root for the other team. When they are playing each other I root in this order:

Giants over Cowboys

Giants over Philly

Philly over Cowboys (Even though I have gotten into fights with Philly fans at bars in years past, however, I still consider the Cowboys our biggest rival.).

I wouldn't say I "follow" any other teams. I keep up w/what's going on in the league tho. We(the ppl I watch the Skins games with)normally just watch the game that follows the Skins game if there is a double header that day.

I used to love to watch Walter Payton....Sweetness was my weakness..oh yeah...Half man - half amazing! And Earl Campbell..he was another non -skin that got my attention as a youngster. Now...not so much...LT would be the closest thing to them now or Reggie Bush. I respect good players, but if they're not Skins I don't pay much attention to them.

I follow every team. I'm a fan of the game, including college, so it's fun to see guys who you watched play the game when they were freshman in school now get drafted and play in the pros.

I'll always turn on the Skins first and foremost, but Football is typically the entire weekend for me. All day Saturday is spent following college action, and then Sunday is the pros.

Vince Young but Im not a titans fan or anything. I just apppreciate what he done here at UT.

Tennessee was the first UT! You guys took it from us.

I think this question is biased cause many of us are fantasy football players. By default, we watch other teams stats at the least. I do like Tomlinson, CHad Johnson, and Steve Smith, but I don't try and find highlights of them on purpose or anything, just see their stat lines.

Archived