Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is your suprise team?

KevinthePRF

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Cleveland ... Same ol' Cleveland

Buffalo ... To tough of a schedule

Oakland ... Top notch D, Horrid O

Arizona ... every year, Arizona has hype. All it is is hype.

Detroit ... Same as Arizona.

Green Bay ... With Driver nursing injury, see the same ol' Pack

Minnesota ... Good weapons, just don't like Jackson

Atlanta ... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tampa Bay ... No thanks

Going to go with Houston. Think they have a solid team ... plus Im a huge DeMeco Ryans fan.

I haven't heard the experts say too many good things about Arizona this year so I'll go with them. Houston is a close second although I don't really see either doing better than 9-7 or 10-6. I'm keeping an eye on the Cardinals because I'm banking on Russ Grimm as the man to fix their o-line and make Edge work for me in my first fantasy league.

Houston has a lot of holes but they looked really good late last year, finally making some noise in their division and ending an 0-11 streak vs the Colts.

I went with Houston as well as a result of the presence of Schaub and some exciting young players on both sides of the football. I also believe that Ahmad Green is going to have a good season running the football.

As for the other teams, I kinda believe that Minnesota could be better than expected. They are going to have a pretty good running game with Peterson/Taylor and they are also very solid defensively. It also doesn't hurt that they play the Packers and the Lions a couple of times.

Of course I am going to go with my Texans. I been down with them since day one. AJ Johnson will be a beast again this year. Schaub will probably light it up this year. They have a nice TE I forgot his name, but he is solid. Duanta Robinson, Demeco Ryans, Mario Williams, and Okoye is a nice group of young players on defense. And I heard they just got Michael Boulware.

Even before this year's draft, I'm expecting Detroit to do something this year.. Roy is a slept on reciever and with the addition of CJ I better see something happen.. and Kitna has a rocket arm..

Well on a side note.. Detroit for some reason is one of my better teams in Madden and yea, I'm pretty amazing in Madden, possibly the best here on ES :)

Of these, Houston. They have quite a bit of talent and may have a shot at getting a winning record.

Besides those, I think the Steelers will be really good this year. I can't help but think that '06 was a fluke for them, just like it was for us. They are a talented team, and I like their new coach's style.

I like the Rams to be the suprise team. More vets than SF, Seattle has to prove something to me before I can call them a contender and the Cards are the Cards. I really like the Rams this year. With Haslett in his second year on the D and one of the top offenses in the entire league, I see no reason they can't win more than 10 games.

I like the Bucs as a serious contender for the division title.

But I also think the Vikes are going to do a lot better than what people think. Not a fan of Jackson... but they have a lot of pieces in place.

Agreed on Tampa... however...

The Viking's QB position will be their downfall.

It is surprising to me that of all people, Brad Childress didn't see the value in drafting your Franchise QB in your first year as HC. He has seemingly ignored that position, which reeks of arrogance on his part if you ask me. I think it (his arrogance) will have that team in shambles by midseason. I see player revolts, etc. I think there will be a serious mess in Minny by Week 10.

if Harrington stays consistent, Atlanta might rally around and get a us against the world mentality... and surprise some teams... to be the cinderella team of the season

I also think the Browns are not going to be that bad either. Lewis will have a strong year, maybe be the comeback player of the year. I believe both Frye and Braylon Edwards will make big gains this season... the OL will also be better after all their injuries last season

The big question will be if the defense can be good... With Romeo as coach you think they should be better this season

Tampa... I still see as a huge mess, and finish below 500 again

San Fran isn't a surprise team when most people are picking them to either dethrone the Seahawks, or give them a run for the money in the NFC West

My "reverse surprise" team is San Fran.

Nolan is the worst head coach in the NFL. The 49ers defense will be among the league's worst, and with Norv Turner gone I don't expect big things from their O.

Alex Smith will be servicable on the short to intermediate routes, but d's will figure out that he can't throw the long ball quickly.

I predict a very long season for them.

Archived