Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's your favorite beer?

Touchdown Redskins

Its funny, before being able to legally buy beer, the object was to just to get cheap beer and drink as much as possible. Now that im 21, I like to try out a bunch of different beers and just grab a six pack without the intention of getting totally trashed. Anyways, back to topic. My favorites out of what i've tried

Dogfish head 90 minute IPA

Linenkugel Amber Red, or Sunset Wheat

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat

Blue Moon

I like Michelob Amber Bock, Dos Equis Amber, Guiness Extra Stout, and in part out of loyalty to my alma mater any of the Terrapin Beers but especially the Big Hoppy Monster.

However, my absolute favorite beer is Warsteiner Premium Dunkel. :beerglass

Whoa! I love high-hopped beers. I'll have to see if our local distributor can rustle up some of that Big Hoppy Monster.

If you can ever get your hands on it, try a Clipper City Loose Cannon, http://www.clippercitybeer.com/home/beers_heavyseas.htm

It's very hoppy but,(as the brewer told us), it won't strip the enamel off of your teeth. It's great stuff! Pour it in a pilsner glass...sit back and enjoy...

First off, it has to be an Ale. Ale's rule.

I had this beer for the first time this past Easter in Guildford, England and I have to tell any real beer fans, you would be hard pressed to find any better than this. :cheers:

------------------

A brief intoduction.

Chiswick Bitter is Fuller's popular session strength ale, which derives its name from the area of London where Fuller's is based. This lower strength beer is held in high regard across the South East of England and, like its stablemates London Pride and ESB, has won the prestigious CAMRA Great British Beer Festival, Beer of the Year award, in 1989. In fact, Fuller's is the only brewery in England whose top three brands have won this award: a fitting testament to the skill and dedication of the Fuller's brewers!

Tasting Notes

At 3.5% ABV in cask, this brew boasts a refreshing, highly drinkable flavour, flowery and fresh, with very well developed hop characteristics (a mixture of the Northdown and Challenger varieties). In 1999, the brewing team at Fuller's, adhering strictly to Chiswick's closely guarded recipe, further refined the brewing process, so that the beer settles more compactly resulting in a more consistent and better tasting beer which is cleaner and fresher. As any Chiswick fan will tell you, the dry hopping (done with Goldings hops) really sings out!

------------------

Fuller's Chiswick is the real deal ladies and gentlemen. If you like "real" beer then I promise you you will not be dissapointed.

Honorable mentions:

Courage Best Bitter

Draught Guiness (anywhere in Ireland)

Newcastle Brown

:helmet:

Archived