Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Believes?

paloosa

I want to know who on here believes that we are going to be a contender this year? It seems to me that a lot of you who are skins fans have doubts about our team because we haven't lit up the preseason and that this player hasn't done this or that players hasn't done that. I have read about Cooley isn't getting enough catches or Moss has been none existing. Joe Gibbs hasn't lived up to his promise to the fans of doing better in the preseason.Why isn't Portis playing and that he wants to go after this season. I just here this and say BS.

If you don't believe that they will do well then don't come to the games, don't watch them on TV, don't come on here and say you are a Redskins fan and bash them, and don't jump on the bandwagon when they are doing well. That isn't a true fan of the Washington Redskins. Pleas do us all a favor and stop bashing the team and the coaches for making this decision or that decision because you wouldn't fair as well as they have.

Also stop saying that we made all these wrong moves and then turn around and say we should pick up this old veteran or this disgruntle guy only to find out later that they either didn't work out when we brought them here or found out later they were involved with some legal trouble. Best example was Lance Briggs.

Also look at what the so-called experts have said about who is going to finish where. Are we suppose to believe them because they are experts? They predict the cowboys to win the division with a new offense, new head coach and that is gospel because that is what the experts say. They say that every year about the Cowboys when Parcells was here and he never lived up to that. So what makes Phillips different or better than Parcells?

They say that the Redskins will be under .500 and they predict that the Lions will be above .500 because John Kitna said it and because they have a 2nd year coach even though Joe Gibbs has won 3 Super Bowls and is in the Hall of Fame. So what the "so-called experts" are saying is that Rod Marinnelli is a better caoch with better personnel. Is that a logical evaluation of these two teams? What makes John Kitna better than Jason Campbell? Nothing because Kitna hasn't proven that he can win games for a team. If you believe he has then you are nuts. Then why did Cincinnati and other teams let him go? Everywhere he has been he has had a chance to start and hasn't produced.

Experts are very biased and if you look at the experts affliations to the teams around the league they will show they are anti-Redskins because they either played for rivals or were reporters of teams that the Redskins beat often. It just seems to me that we need to praise our team and rally behind them because they are a very good football team that will make some noice this year.

If we can get our offense to pick up speed and chew some time off the clock with only a few turnovers I think we seriously have a good chance of winning the East!

Not only do we have the two best safetys in the NFL, we have 3 pretty damn good LBs with London, Marcus and Rocky. We have the best damn back seven in the league and sure as hell will be enough to get to the top of the east.

Come on guys, Griff the beast in the middle with Golston and Monty in relief. Washington, Carter and Wilson coming of the edge.

Landry and Taylor scaring the crap out of everyone either WR or QB , they will be watched so closely they aren’t going to see everyone else blitzing.

We are damn lucky to have this D ….

I will apologize in advance to everyone in the NFC who will have players hurt just cause you played us !!!!!

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

I believe we have a good shot at going 9-7. Gibbs is lethal in December and if this team can ge into the post season, we will make some waves I think. Many things have to fall into place however IMO for that to happen.

There are legit concerns at the same time and it is certainly appropriate and acceptable to discuss them :2cents:

I'm sorry, but I had to stop after reading the second paragraph. No offense, but I just can't read another quote from a self appointed judge on what a Redskins fan should and shouldn't do.

BTW, you are going to see a lot scrutinizing here. Our team went 5-11 last season. That kind of deserves a little concern and scrutinization by fans. But it doesn't make us any less of a fan.

Right now I am optimistic about the season. I really think our defense will have to win us a few games initially. Depends how healthy Portis really is I'm thinking it might take a few games for the offense to gel.

But, if we can get some turnovers and give the offense some extra opportunities, then I think we have just as much opportunity as any other team in the NFL.

Hey, everyone else is 0-0 right now. :)

If you don't believe that they will do well then don't come to the games, don't watch them on TV, don't come on here and say you are a Redskins fan and bash them, and don't jump on the bandwagon when they are doing well. That isn't a true fan of the Washington Redskins. Pleas do us all a favor and stop bashing the team and the coaches for making this decision or that decision because you wouldn't fair as well as they have.

Also stop saying that we made all these wrong moves and then turn around and say we should pick up this old veteran or this disgruntle guy only to find out later that they either didn't work out when we brought them here or found out later they were involved with some legal trouble. Best example was Lance Briggs.

Praise the Lord, a Great post.

Anyone who fits this criteria will likely be posting "I told you Portis was gonna be okay during the preseason!" in October. But for now, they'll piss and moan about it.

I want to know who on here believes that we are going to be a contender this year? It seems to me that a lot of you who are skins fans have doubts about our team because we haven't lit up the preseason and that this player hasn't done this or that players hasn't done that. I have read about Cooley isn't getting enough catches or Moss has been none existing. Joe Gibbs hasn't lived up to his promise to the fans of doing better in the preseason.Why isn't Portis playing and that he wants to go after this season. I just here this and say BS.

Also look at what the so-called experts have said about who is going to finish where. Are we suppose to believe them because they are experts? They predict the cowboys to win the division with a new offense, new head coach and that is gospel because that is what the experts say. They say that every year about the Cowboys when Parcells was here and he never lived up to that. So what makes Phillips different or better than Parcells?

They say that the Redskins will be under .500 and they predict that the Lions will be above .500 because John Kitna said it and because they have a 2nd year coach even though Joe Gibbs has won 3 Super Bowls and is in the Hall of Fame. So what the "so-called experts" are saying is that Rod Marinnelli is a better caoch with better personnel. Is that a logical evaluation of these two teams? What makes John Kitna better than Jason Campbell? Nothing because Kitna hasn't proven that he can win games for a team. If you believe he has then you are nuts. Then why did Cincinnati and other teams let him go? Everywhere he has been he has had a chance to start and hasn't produced.

Experts are very biased and if you look at the experts affliations to the teams around the league they will show they are anti-Redskins because they either played for rivals or were reporters of teams that the Redskins beat often. It just seems to me that we need to praise our team and rally behind them because they are a very good football team that will make some noice this year.

Was there any doubt in your mind? Not mine! :cheers:

Who are you to tell people that they are or are not Redskins fans? If you follow football then you must know that the Redskins still have some questions with players on each side of the ball. I support the team as a fan but still don't expect that much from a team that has a new QB and no pass rush from our line.

Archived