Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Believes?

paloosa

I don't think that an 11-5 record is unfathomable. I do believe that we should be 3-0 going into the bye week.

I think like in '05, the second game of the season, a Monday night divisional away game could be the spring board for the rest of the season. If we manage a win in hostile Philadelphia, then good things could come the rest of the way.

McScabb is toast that night! It's gonna be ugly! To see Landry and others pound him into the turf....PRICELESS!

thewagon

Are you running for office? That was good.

This Organization is DUE...Dan Snyder is DUE...we the FANS are DUE...the team is DUE...Joe Gibbs, for everything he gave and still sacrifices for this organization is DUE....Gregg Williams is DUE...Al Saunders is DUE...and so on and soon and so on....

I've been a faithful as long as I can remember..I can still remember where I was, at the very moment or moments, when all the great (or not so great) Redskins' memories in the past occurred...THE RUN (Riggins), THE INT FOR A TD (DGrant), THE 1st HALF (DWilliams), THE BREAK (Theisman), THE TEARS (Lombardi's death), THE OVER_THE_HILL_GANG (GALLEN), THE WTF? (CLongley on TurkeyDay), THE DARK AGES (NTurner era), THE MUFFED FG (SBowl 7), THE STREAK (MMosely FG vs. G-Men in the snow), THE FUN BUNCH, THE HOGS, etc.... and so on and so on and so on. Some were individual games, some were personnas, and some were snipits in time. BUT, ALL of them are deep within the core of my memory...something I hope I never lose before I die.

So of course I'm optimistic. I grew up a Redskins fan, I attended my first game at the age of 10, fell in love with the team then, and have bled Burgundy-n-Gold ever since.... I hope my children can continue the tradition..because no matter how chaotic and crazy this world is becoming, thoughout all the tragedy and heartbreak this country and it's citizens must endure, the start of every NFL football season offers hope for those who follow it. For someone like myself, all 51 years on this Earth, I get to be a kid again!

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!

Count me as one who believes we can win it all. However, I also believed the same thing last year.

Why I believe -

Second year under Al Saunders offense - those who know said it takes a year to gain sufficient familiarity to execute it like it is designed. During the latter part of last year the offense showed that they were getting it and so this year they will be very good.

Defense is back - last year the defense was descimated by injuries and Gregg Williams resorted to playing a very different game from what he wants and that did not work at all. This year the defense is back to playing the way Greg intends.

Special teams - both our kickers look quite good.

Why I have some nagging doubt -

Pass rush & Turnovers - even though creation of turnovers have been a focus I have not seen much so far in preseason play. I believe that we will

see the blitz much more often than we have shown in preseason; and that will create lots of pressure on the QB and the speed of our LBs and secondary will create turnovers. In short I believe it will happen.

Running game - usually a strong point, it has been poor this preseason. I believe our OL will get it done, just hope that they get in sync quickly. I also hope that Clinton Portis is actually good to go when the season starts.

Last season - I still find it hard to believe. Injuries on defense and learning a new offense set us back; but that is behind us and now we are ready to roll.

So, I have rationalized all my doubts and have positively concluded that we will be great this season. HTTR!

I don't think we can simply say that the defense is fixed already. We have seen some brilliant flashes from Rocky Mac, Fletch, and the rook Landry however it is way too early to make bold predictions. Miami has a tough defense, so you can expect the Redskins offense to sputter. Remember opening day vs. the Bears in 05? How about in 04 vs. the Bucs? More recently, with the new offense vs. the vikings? We MUST run the football extremely well to take the pressure OFF of Jason Campbell. I am hoping that JC only attempts 15 passes the entire game ala Phillip Rivers in his debut.

As for the season and a prediction....

Easy:

Playoffs :)

I've been a faithful as long as I can remember..I can still remember where I was, at the very moment or moments, when all the great (or not so great) Redskins' memories in the past occurred...THE RUN (Riggins), THE INT FOR A TD (DGrant), THE 1st HALF (DWilliams), THE BREAK (Theisman), THE TEARS (Lombardi's death), THE OVER_THE_HILL_GANG (GALLEN), THE WTF? (CLongley on TurkeyDay), THE DARK AGES (NTurner era), THE MUFFED FG (SBowl 7), THE STREAK (MMosely FG vs. G-Men in the snow), THE FUN BUNCH, THE HOGS, etc.... and so on and so on and so on. Some were individual games, some were personnas, and some were snipits in time. BUT, ALL of them are deep within the core of my memory...something I hope I never lose before I die.

!!

That actually reminded of Bluto's speech from Animal House.

Now whos with me!!!!!

I want to know who on here believes that we are going to be a contender this year? It seems to me that a lot of you who are skins fans have doubts about our team because we haven't lit up the preseason and that this player hasn't done this or that players hasn't done that. I have read about Cooley isn't getting enough catches or Moss has been none existing. Joe Gibbs hasn't lived up to his promise to the fans of doing better in the preseason.Why isn't Portis playing and that he wants to go after this season. I just here this and say BS.

If you don't believe that they will do well then don't come to the games, don't watch them on TV, don't come on here and say you are a Redskins fan and bash them, and don't jump on the bandwagon when they are doing well. That isn't a true fan of the Washington Redskins. Pleas do us all a favor and stop bashing the team and the coaches for making this decision or that decision because you wouldn't fair as well as they have.

Also stop saying that we made all these wrong moves and then turn around and say we should pick up this old veteran or this disgruntle guy only to find out later that they either didn't work out when we brought them here or found out later they were involved with some legal trouble. Best example was Lance Briggs.

Also look at what the so-called experts have said about who is going to finish where. Are we suppose to believe them because they are experts? They predict the cowboys to win the division with a new offense, new head coach and that is gospel because that is what the experts say. They say that every year about the Cowboys when Parcells was here and he never lived up to that. So what makes Phillips different or better than Parcells?

They say that the Redskins will be under .500 and they predict that the Lions will be above .500 because John Kitna said it and because they have a 2nd year coach even though Joe Gibbs has won 3 Super Bowls and is in the Hall of Fame. So what the "so-called experts" are saying is that Rod Marinnelli is a better caoch with better personnel. Is that a logical evaluation of these two teams? What makes John Kitna better than Jason Campbell? Nothing because Kitna hasn't proven that he can win games for a team. If you believe he has then you are nuts. Then why did Cincinnati and other teams let him go? Everywhere he has been he has had a chance to start and hasn't produced.

Experts are very biased and if you look at the experts affliations to the teams around the league they will show they are anti-Redskins because they either played for rivals or were reporters of teams that the Redskins beat often. It just seems to me that we need to praise our team and rally behind them because they are a very good football team that will make some noice this year.

I like where your head is at. Good post

I believe we go 10-6 or 11-5. Of course I also believe that 11-5 will be enough to get us a bye, and that we're facing the Ravens in a Battle of the Beltway Superbowl. Once the Skins get to the playoffs, we aren't losing.

We have the depth needed to counter the injuries which have done us in early the past 2 seasons. (yes, if Patten ahd been able to play, and had we had someone decent backing-up center instead of Raymer, we had that game against Seattle. Even my friend, an Eagles fan, says we outplayed them.

With some reasonable luck with injuries I think we can go 10-6 and make the playoffs.

Hinges on two things - first the D returning to form and getting some turnovers to give the O some decent field position. Second is the obvious - a good showing from Campbell.

I think the Giants are in for a long year and the Cowboys could implode unless they get off to a fast start. I see us fighting the Eagles for the Division and just coming up short. Wildcard and at least 1 playoff win.

Archived