The Redskins are like a gigantic water balloon

Skins Addict

Here we go, since the start of Gibbs II:

In 2004:

Defense dominated:

• run defensive was impenetrable.
  • pass defense was very impressive.

Offense was inept:

• running was okay with Portis, but nothing spectacular.
  • passing was nonexistent.

In 2005:

Defense was good, but not nearly as dominant as year before:

• run defensive had some holes at times, but was good for the most part
  • pass defense was okay. Got some key sacks and interceptions.

Offensive surprised everybody:

• running improved due to more commitment to the running game
  • passing - two words - Santana Moss - the best thing that ever happened to the Redskins during Gibbs II.

In 2006:

Defense was terrible:

• shattered the NFL record for fewest forced-turnovers in a season. Enough said.

Offensive was just average:

• running was good behind a powerful O-line and the emergence of Betts.
  • passing was inconsistent due to a new offensive system and switching QBs

In summary, during Gibbs II, the defense has gone from great to terrible, at a steady decline. The offensive has gone from terrible, to very good, and now it’s just average.

During the offseason, when trying to fix their weaknesses, they end up causing problems in areas where they were strong in the previous year. In a sense, the Redskins are like a gigantic water balloon. You poke the balloon in one spot, and all other areas of the balloon are affected adversely. You never know what you’re going to get with the Redskins. They have no continuity or consistency. Every year it’s like a wild scramble to throw a team together and see what happens.

I’m going to blame this mess on the owner and his puppets. I think Gibbs and his staff are excellent coaches and it’s a damn shame they have to work for such a loser. The owner always finds a way to screw things up. The owner has only generated two playoff appearances, and the team has gone straight downhill in the following seasons. I truly believe the Redskins will never succeed with this owner. I’ll always be a hardcore fan of the Redskins (as my name proves), but I’m extremely disappointed with the creator of this gigantic water balloon.

Try reserving judgement until week 5 or 6 after we have a handful of games under our belt. Why bring up the f'ing past when it's just that. Wait and see just like every year. Good, your expectations aren't high, great, so that way if you're right you won't be let down. On the flip side, keep the b.s. to yourself cuz no one wants to hear it. We know pal, we all fuggin' know about this team. Next!

HTTR

In summary, during Gibbs II, the defense has gone from great to terrible
During the offseason, when trying to fix their weaknesses, they end up causing problems in areas where they were strong in the previous year
They have no continuity or consistency
I’m going to blame this mess on the owner and his puppets
The owner always finds a way to screw things up
I truly believe the Redskins will never succeed with this owner

and if someone gave you a free lunch, I have no doubt you'd ask for change.

poster is like a vineyard.

You ask for a beer, but all they do is wine.

I just don't understand the lack of support. They look fantastic this year. How fast did you expect them to turn it around? Gibbs I inherited a team that fit him well. This time, he inherited one of the worst groups in the league. Everybody acts like we have bad personnel decisions, but Portis, Moss, Cooley, Taylor, etc are the kind of guys that make a difference in this league. You got a glimpse of it in 2005, and you're about to see something special this year. I swear it.

I hate to burst the OP bubble, or balloon as it may be, but Gibbs and the coaches, the ones he claims are great, are the ones who make the personnel decisions. Snyder only gets them who and what they ask for.

I hate having an owner that will open up his checkbook to get his hall of fame coach, inwhich he was responsible for bringing out of retirement to turn this team around, everything he asks for. :rolleyes:

No consistency??? Lets see here. How many new starters do we have on offense?? That's right...... ONE!! (Pete Kendall) And how many new starters do we have on defense?? Yep...... THREE!! (Landry, Fletcher, Rocky) So out off 22 possible starters, the Redskins have 18 returning from last year. I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty consistent to me.

We are running the same defense for the 4th consecutive season. Sounds pretty consistent, doesn't it?

If none of that shows a trend towards building consistency, then I don't know what to tell you. Do you want a 5-11 team to make NO changes just for the sake of consistency?

In addition, if you can't see that Gibbs made a conscious decision to take a step back on offense last year so that we can make 2 steps forward this year, then i also don't know how to help you. I suppose you were happy just running Counter Tre's left and right with some WR Screens mixed in for an entire game.

Bottom line.........

We're going to have a good team this year. The Washington Redskins are the sleeper in the NFL that nobody is talking about!! The Sleeper Must Awaken!!!

Archived