Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rod Gardner Released

jimster

Chiefs Give Release to 5 Players, Including Mexican Tackle

http://sports.iwon.com/news/08232007/v5062.html

Aug 23, 8:18 PM (ET) Email this Story

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -Tackle Ramiro Pruneda, who was introduced at a news conference when signed out of the Mexican collegiate leagues last spring, was one of five players released Thursday by the Kansas City Chiefs.

Coach Herm Edwards said three weeks ago at training camp that the 300-pound Pruneda was working hard but having trouble catching up with players with more experience.

Also released were wide receiver Titus Ryan, cornerback Marcus Maxey, tight end Mike Pinkard and defensive end Chris Harris. Wide receiver Rod Gardner had his contract terminated.

I don't know about you guys but I liked Rod.. I've never seen him drop a pass, he had some amazing catches when he was here and could could jump high enough to grab the ball from 50 ft in the air over everyone.. I don't know why so many of our fans hate on guys who leave the team.. I'm pretty sure if he came back everyone will love him again :doh:

But seriously.. I thought he was a great player :2cents:

Rod Gardner was not a good fit for the Skins in the role they asked him to play. As he gets older, I think he will become one of those possession receivers that latch on and are asked to catch 25-45 balls every year. In my opinion, bringing him in to try to be that big possession receiver for the vet min would not be horrible. WAY better than bringing in Stinkston. :2cents:

As a Clemson grad I was really happy when we drafted Gardner. He was great there, caught everything thrown his way. Watching him in a Skins uniform was the biggest disappointment. He had a few great moments (Carolina game, Dallas game) but never lived up to what I thought he was going to be.

Archived