Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rod Gardner Released

jimster

What happened to his child?
SIDS:
Taylor Jacobs has been trying his hardest to make the roster again for the San Francisco 49ers as a wide receiver but when he comes into the locker room and sees a picture of his daughter Taryn, a different man appears.

As the 26-year-old looks at the picture of a little girl with dark hair, he reflects,

My daughter. I'll never get over it. I'll get through it. But I'll never get over it.

Taylor and his wife, Christine, lost their daughter on October 12, 2006 to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome at 10 weeks old.

The couple's faith has helped them get through the tragedy of losing their daughter according to Taylor,

A parent losing a kid . . . I don't know what I would have done without my faith. People ask: 'How do you go through that? And if there is a God, why does he do stuff like that?' Sometimes you don't know how you're going to get through the day. All I can say is that I believe it's God's will . . . And I got to have an angel for 2 1/2 months.

Taylor, who has a daughter Grace from a previous relationship, and his wife are currently expecting a baby boy to be born in a few weeks.

Maybe there has to be a storm before the blessing. We're thankful we get another chance to be parents. Source: San Jose Mercury News

No wonder he struggled so much last year. Worst thing a parent can go through is burying their kid.

Archived