Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Sign Fred Beasley

vyper4

Compete? Compete against who? We don't have a back up FB behind Sellers (unless you count Camp fodder Rookie Pete Shmit as a back up). If sellers were to go down, we would have no one.

it appears you just answered your own question. - We have some young guys and possibley Rock. Apparently the coaches wanted another option to look at these next few weeks. So, yeah. Compete.

...now say "Playoffs?"

it appears you just answered your own question. - We have some young guys and possibley Rock. Apparently the coaches wanted another option to look at these next few weeks. So, yeah. Compete.

...now say "Playoffs?"

I wasn't really trying to ask a question, just to point out that we only had one FB on the Roster.

Rock is now a complete HB, he is listed as our 3rd HB, and there is no way he gets cut, I'd bet on it.

u didn't thikn that gibbs would go into the regular season with a rookie being the backup Fb. the team will not carry more than 5 Wrs it seems and the kendall move allows for 1 less Oline man. I thikn he will keep sellers, and beasley as our fbs. Yoder and Cooley as our Tes. Rock, Betts, Portis and Blaylock as our Rbs

Why not? A lot of teams do. You need young backups. A backup FB has to be able to play special teams. I don't see Beasley doing that.

It makes people scratch their heads because well managed teams have young draft picks to fight for back up spots who have upside and are trying to make a name for themselves not live off of one and are on a down hill.

Our starting FB, Mike Sellars, was an UDFA. As was Mack Strong, who has gone to the last 3 pro bowls. Tony Richardson - UDFA, Fred Beasley (2003 pro bowl) a 6th round pick, Larry Centers 5th round, Dan Krieder UDFA, Etc.

Lorenzo Neal and Tony Richardson have both played for several teams yet kept going to pro bowls. Where they just trying to live off of their names every time a new team signed them?

Even your "well managed teams" cut draft picks every year that don't work out as well as expected and then have to turn to free agency.

Just depends what this guy has left in the tank.

JLC gets on my nerves sometimes, but he is right about the skins lack of drafting replacement players. The only reason to bring in players this in this late in training camp is because you don't trust your current roster to get it done. Heck, Fred could be cut by next week if he doesn't have it anymore.

Dockery was not the most consistent player over the course of his career, but the skins should have signed him to an extension a year ago. I will add that they better get Cooley signed and not let him hit the open market.

Edit: I don't buy the rookie backup situation. If they were talented players that have picked up the offense they would not need to bring in Fred or Pink.

Why does JLC write his articles like an ex girlfriend writing to her diary about how her ex broke her heart. I hope whoever employs JLC replaces him with a weather forcast. Id rather chew on glass thenread his spitefull crap anymore.

Is it me or has JLC turned on the skins overnight? I mean, his criticism of the skins lately has been a 180 to his previous blogs...in a bad way.

OMG do we even like ANYONE that doenst need a walker to get from the locker room to the field ! :mad:

How about

1.Campbell

2.Portis

3.Betts

4.Lloyd

5.Ranel El

6.Moss

7.Taylor

8.Rogers

9.Cooley

10.Landry

11.Golston

12.Montgomery

13.Smoot

14.Washington

Those are all pretty young players i would say we have a pretty good mix.

I think this signing is to increase the pass blocking ability of our team. This is probably to replace Ecker, seeing as Beasley can line up as HB, FB, or TE to help pass blocking. What's the harm in having a player who can help, isn't challenging anyone for a starting spot, and is at least vocal when his teammates are slcking?

Thus far, our running game has been awful. Why not bring a proven veteran in to help turn it around? I think Schmitt has a future ahead of him . . . as he can be a possible replacement for big Mike down the line . . . But for now, there is nothing wrong with bringing in a FB whose specialty is run-blocking. The ONLY thing that worries me is his relationship with Brandon . . . I hope they have patched things up.

How about

1.Campbell

2.Portis

3.Betts

4.Lloyd

5.Ranel El

6.Moss

7.Taylor

8.Rogers

9.Cooley

10.Landry

11.Golston

12.Montgomery

13.Smoot

14.Washington

Those are all pretty young players i would say we have a pretty good mix.

They are indeed good players ... this list is a little longer though :)

67 Albright, Ethan 05-01-1971

19 Bradford, Corey 12-08-1975

8 Brunell, Mark 09-17-1970

15 Collins, Todd 11-05-1971

93 Daniels, Phillip 03-04-1973

69 Fabini, Jason 08-25-1974

59 Fletcher, London 05-19-1975

57 Godfrey, Randall 04-06-1973

96 Griffin, Cornelius 12-03-1976

76 Jansen, Jon 01-28-1976

10 Pinkston, Todd 04-23-1977

20 Prioleau, Pierson 08-06-1977

61 Rabach, Casey 09-24-1977

95 Salave'a, Joe 03-25-1975

60 Samuels, Chris 07-28-1977

45 Sellers, Mike FB CC 07-21-1975

24 Springs, Shawn 03-11-1975

23 Stoutmire, Omar 07-07-1974

77 Thomas, Randy 01-19-1976

83 Thrash, James 04-28-1975

71 Wade, Todd OL 10-30-1976

97 Wynn, Renaldo 09-03-1974

Pete Kendall Born: July 9, 1973

Fred Beasley Born: September 18, 1974

*soon to be 30*

35 Butler, Jerametrius 11-28-1978

38 Macklin, David 07-14-1978

87 Yoder, Todd 03-18-1978

71 Shaw, Bryant 07-17-1978

Fred Beasley is another (forgotten) AU back. While in San Fran he was Pro Bowl FB, along with fellow AU Fullback Tony Richardson with the Chiefs. If he has anything left in the tank this could be huge, although I thought he would stick with the Dolphins, and didn't.

If he can still play he can be a nice blocking FB addition, which would allow us to utilize Sellers and Cooley during our double TE formations. Man, that would be very sick!

Archived