Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Sign Fred Beasley

vyper4

As for Kendall: In a nutshell, the Redskins overpaid for a 34-year old guard -

Okay, Beasley hasn't played in a year and is going on 33

OMG do we even like ANYONE that doenst need a walker to get from the locker room to the field ! :mad:

It's not that impossible for this guy to make the final roster. He's a blocker, so in my mind he will only have to be better than Eric Edwards, Pete Schmitt, and Brian Bell.

yep - this is similiar to the Pinkston signing. - A vet to come in and compete for a back-up spot. I am confused why people have a problem with this. - He could end up being a steal.

u didn't thikn that gibbs would go into the regular season with a rookie being the backup Fb. the team will not carry more than 5 Wrs it seems and the kendall move allows for 1 less Oline man. I thikn he will keep sellers, and beasley as our fbs. Yoder and Cooley as our Tes. Rock, Betts, Portis and Blaylock as our Rbs

If I am not mistaken, Cerrato drafted Beasley when he was in San Francisco, so maybe that's a reason why we were interested in the guy. He was a pretty good blocker earlier this decade but at this point in his career, not sure what to expect from him.

Why does JLC write his articles like an ex girlfriend writing to her diary about how her ex broke her heart. I hope whoever employs JLC replaces him with a weather forcast. Id rather chew on glass thenread his spitefull crap anymore.

so i guess that is why they released dee brown earlier today...
That and NBA Training Camp is opening up. :laugh: I didn't know he was released, I saw in the notes where he missed practice due to personal reasons and all I could think of was the coaches saying, well you know, just don't come back.

He really did let LOOSE on the team for some reason. I'm not sure where the malevolence in this entry comes from...
Don't forget that Gibbs just reamed LaCan a new one for his "incorrect" Heyer comments earlier in the week, LaCan is just firing back.

Probably a bad move.

Interesting pick up. He could really play in his prime. Heck of a run blocker. Not a bad option for some depth.

JLC is pretty harsh on the Kendall trade. I agree with him to an extent, in that I dont want to give up a 4th for him in any year. But I do think he will be a pretty good addition, and definitely a needed one. I dont think you can play the team for not paying Dockery the kind of money he got from Buffalo. Should they have gotten someone better in the first place? Maybe, but its hard to say that they would have been able to.

I just think instead of letting dockery go into the last year as a free agent we should have signed him in 2006. He had already started like two full seasons by then. But these are all ifs and buts at this point. I think Kendall will be a good option for a year or two till we draft or develop another starter. I think over the next two drafts we will have to draft several O-lineman as all our starters will be getting old at the same time.

He was one of the league's best full backs just a couple of years ago. If he's over some injury issues, he could be a shrewd signing. I don't really see how he will fit in terms of a final 53 man roster though, with Portis, Betts, Blaylock, Cartwright, and Sellers already at the running back position.

I do wonder though what would happen if Sellers were to go down - we have no viable backup full back

I am not sure why you are confused. Have you not been reading some of the posts here on Portis. :doh:

yep - this is similiar to the Pinkston signing. - A vet to come in and compete for a back-up spot. I am confused why people have a problem with this. - He could end up being a steal.

could'nt have said it better myself jimster...your right ..these could end up being 2 moves we look back on and smile in late January..

Compete? Compete against who? We don't have a back up FB behind Sellers (unless you count Camp fodder Rookie Pete Shmit as a back up). If sellers were to go down, we would have no one.

It makes people scratch their heads because well managed teams have young draft picks to fight for back up spots who have upside and are trying to make a name for themselves not live off of one and are on a down hill.

Archived