Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rocky McIntosh: Ready or Almost there?

Taylor 21

Please use a more descriptive thread title. Thanks.

Rocky McIntosh is a ****ing animal :D

I love Rocky's game

Rocky, Rocky, Rocky!

...just trying to throw out some ideas :whoknows: ;)

:point2sky

If Rocky is half the player he's looked like the first two weeks -- and I only saw highlights tonight so far -- it validates why we moved up to secure the best possible prospect instead of maximizing picks. Quality is always better than quanitity unless you are entirely rebuilding.

Great point, but how quickly people forget the job our FO/coaches is currently doing. I'm impressed with the apparent improvement they've made and I'm hoping that this trend continues with us getting quality players in the draft and not chasing quantity.

HTTR

I do.

Ask anybody.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hot, yes! Respected, absolutely! From deep in the enemy territory, you are the beacon of light.

Watch out for Lavarisdaman - shady character, look at his previous posts - I'm thinking stalker. :geek:

Back to the point - would like to see the people who listed Rocky as a wasted draft trade/pick step up and take their :whippin: .

You know who you are :anon:, don't make me call you out! :type: :coach: :doh1:

:helmet: The Rook

yea, he really was that good tonight, I mean it seems like in every single play he was involved in, the commentators said his name so many times.

McIntosh = Manchild. Yes, he did look that good, he was literally EVERYWHERE. He crashed the backfield, he sniffed out a screen, and broke up a pass midfield. I was expecting big things from Landry and Fletcher, but I had no idea Rocky would make this sort of impact.

By the way, blades did not look bad either.

Blades seemed to be the main reason the 2nd and 3rd string D didn't let the Steelers into the end zone. He was making lots of plays.

As far as Rocky...he looked amazing. I was in sec 106 near the end zone during the Steelers 1st string drive when they had about 7 plays in a row in the red zone. Rocky must have been instrumental in at least 5. His name was just called over and over. Busting through the line to stop a guy for a loss, batting away balls, making sideline to sideline tackles. I have a feeling he could be something pretty special; moreso now that he has Fletcher at MLB to be a field general.

Yeah, Rocky's name was called constantly throughout the 1st half of the game by Mike Patrick.

P.S Changed Title thread for the mods. I saw so many Jason Campbell, Brandon Lloyd etc. threads so i thought i would make a Rocky McIntosh thread hehe. Sorry about that guys. I also edited the first post so be sure to read that.

If he plays as good as he did last week and today in the regular season and Washington stays healthy I think me might have one of if not the best LB corps in the NFL. It's amazing the difference between this defense were seeing in the preseason and the defense we saw last season.

more impressive than lavar in his prime? wow. i missed the first half, but he was THAT good? or is that the just the good ol' extremeskin exaggeration? ;)

Unfortunately it is extremeskin exaggeration. While Rocky did look great(and he did), he was NOT more impressive than LaVar in his prime.

Unfortunately it is extremeskin exaggeration. While Rocky did look great(and he did), he was NOT more impressive than LaVar in his prime.

I would like to know why you feel like it is an exaggeration? I stated more impressive not more athletic. Anyways IMO Rocky isn't the explosive hitter Lavar was. Surely his nose for the ball in run Def and Pass coverage was.. IN fact ask Marcus Washington about the dislocated elbow he recieved from Rocky Mac's hit.

I liked what I saw in Blades too. Does he have any experience/talent at OLB? Marshall's fine to replace Washington, but should we rely on K. Campbell as our backup? Of course, Fletcher is going to make everybody play better.

He played strong-side LB his first two years at Pitt before being moved to the middle his junior year. I don't think he would be able to play outside in the NFL though...

Hot, yes! Respected, absolutely! From deep in the enemy territory, you are the beacon of light.

Watch out for Lavarisdaman - shady character, look at his previous posts - I'm thinking stalker. :geek:

Back to the point - would like to see the people who listed Rocky as a wasted draft trade/pick step up and take their :whippin: .

You know who you are :anon:, don't make me call you out! :type: :coach: :doh1:

:helmet: The Rook

whoa, whoa, whoa. what the hell? stalker? who the hell are you, judge judy?

I won't say he was better than LaVar in his prime, but he did indeed remind me of LaVar in his prime. Rocky was all over the place and brought the lumber when he got there.

I think a special thank you should go out to Gregg Williams for finally getting rid of a terrible and divisive coach in Dale Lindsey and upgrading his staff with Kirk Olivadotti. I don't think Olivadotti is getting as much credit as I think he deserves for Rocky's dramatic improvement (though most of the credit should go to Rocky himself of course).

Ready ready ready to ROCK AND ROLL!

Comparing him to anyone is stupid. He's played two preseason games. You can't possibly compare him to anyone yet.

But he sure looks like a keeper, and if his play last night is an indicator, he's going to make that extra draft pick we spent to get him fade away into memory.

~Bang

Ready ready ready to ROCK AND ROLL!

Comparing him to anyone is stupid. He's played two preseason games. You can't possibly compare him to anyone yet.

But he sure looks like a keeper, and if his play last night is an indicator, he's going to make that extra draft pick we spent to get him fade away into memory.

~Bang

:applause:

Archived