Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rocky McIntosh: Ready or Almost there?

Taylor 21

I would just like to give probs to whoever it was in the FO that said no to the Briggs trade, it is now clear why the bears wanted him. Imagine us giving up Landry and Rocky for Briggs and a late first. The best no trade I have seen in a long time.

more impressive than lavar in his prime? wow. i missed the first half, but he was THAT good? or is that the just the good ol' extremeskin exaggeration? ;)

Think it was a little of column A and a little of column B. Either way, I'm excited as hell that he developed so quickly.

Ready ready ready to ROCK AND ROLL!

Comparing him to anyone is stupid. He's played two preseason games. You can't possibly compare him to anyone yet.

But he sure looks like a keeper, and if his play last night is an indicator, he's going to make that extra draft pick we spent to get him fade away into memory.

~Bang

He had two career starts too. He played in Giants and Rams game. He got around 10 tackles each.

Rocky is moving in the right direction. He has the speed and talent and by what others have said, has focused alot on excelling at the mental part of the game as well.

Here's hoping he continues to emerge as the season unfolds.

Rocky is going to be very good. There is a reason why the bears wanted him in a deal for Briggs. They loved the kid as do a lot of other GMs. He has good speed and quite frankly was kind of raw coming out of college even though he played so much at Miami. Not sure who is coach was but he didn't appear to be well coached to me. Then he gets ot the Skins and last year he looked totally LOST out there. This off-season he worked so hard in every aspect of his game, most notably the recognition skills, and now he is starting donw that road to being an all-pro. He still might struggle a little this year but he has all the tools. ALL.

I would just like to give probs to whoever it was in the FO that said no to the Briggs trade, it is now clear why the bears wanted him. Imagine us giving up Landry and Rocky for Briggs and a late first. The best no trade I have seen in a long time.

Ain't that the truth!

EDIT: I was backing our FO on Rocky but I have to say on what I saw last night (my first viewing of him live this preseason) I was very impressed. The FO also diid me on not needing DL with our first in the draft (though I agreed Landry was the only viable pick at 6 when we couldn't trade down) and Landry looks like he will be pro bowl next season. Coverage skills are awesome, run D like he's a 10 year vet who's seen it all before and persona on the field that says he will win us games. Add to that we've got Blades who is exciting people. UDFAs who play great. Low round DLmen who are showing starter skills (with Montgomery blowing people up). Props to our FO we are scouting well and signing ballers. There's good times ahead :cheers:

Just a joke - no bad intentions. :cheers:

:helmet: The Rook

oh, sorry i was a little buzzed at too late o' clock. :cheers:

p.s. i re-watched the game at 2 p.m. today and watched the entire game. rocky was playing very well and showing his athleticism on pass coverage, blitzes, and run support. he looked very good out there, but i can't help but wonder if a lot of his looking good was our defense in a whole playing well. meaning that rocky mac looked solid but our whole defense looked straight monsterous. i think at one point, we shut down the steelers to four straight three-and-outs. but probably the thing i was most happy about, was shutting down willie parker to 4 rushes for 4 yards. when our defense is doing well, it's usually because we hold the opposing rusher to a mediocre day.

Archived