Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cowboys Board Is Laughing At Us

UltimateSkins

Why do they hire seat fillers for the Oscars? So when the stars get up, there won't be an empty chair on TV. Well...that and you certainly don't want to overplay guys in the preseason just because you don't have enough bodies. For now he's just signed for depth and experience, don't count on him ever seeing any regular season snaps.

Nice to see Cowboys fans can laugh after their star QB fumbled the snap on a glorified extra point in the playoffs. The entire NFL is STILL laughing about that one I assure you.

Why do they hire seat fillers for the Oscars? So when the stars get up, there won't be an empty chair on TV. Well...that and you certainly don't want to overplay guys in the preseason just because you don't have enough bodies. For now he's just signed for depth and experience, don't count on him ever seeing any regular season snaps.

Nice to see Cowboys fans can laugh after their star QB fumbled the snap on a glorified extra point in the playoffs. The entire NFL is STILL laughing about that one I assure you.

Don't count on him not seeing any regular season snaps? Are you serious? He's not a rookie vying for playing time here. I'm sure the coaching staff signed him this late in the offseason because they're seeing something in the WR group that concerns them. I definitely count on him seeing at least some snaps. I think it's a far stretch for the organization to sign him for depth and experience to NEVER play...

Don't count on him not seeing any regular season snaps? Are you serious? He's not a rookie vying for playing time here. I'm sure the coaching staff signed him this late in the offseason because they're seeing something in the WR group that concerns them. I definitely count on him seeing at least some snaps. I think it's a far stretch for the organization to sign him for depth and experience to NEVER play...

If he was so great, he would've caught on with SOMEBODY to start training camp at the beginning of this offseason. Fact is he hasn't seen any action since he had a brief stint with Minnesota last year. No meaningful game action since the Eagles were in the Super Bowl.

I don't think Todd Pinkston is any hidden gem, but I'll be the first to admit it and be happy if I'm wrong. If ARE was 100%, Pinkston would not be on our roster right now...period.

If he was so great, he would've caught on with SOMEBODY to start training camp at the beginning of this offseason. Fact is he hasn't seen any action since he had a brief stint with Minnesota last year. No meaningful game action since the Eagles were in the Super Bowl.

I don't think Todd Pinkston is any hidden gem, but I'll be the first to admit it and be happy if I'm wrong. If ARE was 100%, Pinkston would not be on our roster right now...period.

I don't think anyone ever claimed he was great or a hidden gem. What I was referring to is that he is a veteran and will see some playing time barring injury or possibly a signing of a better veteran which would be just plain stupid.

I don't think anyone ever claimed he was great or a hidden gem. What I was referring to is that he is a veteran and will see some playing time barring injury or possibly a signing of a better veteran which would be just plain stupid.

And what I'm referring to is unless he can learn a 700 page playbook faster than anyone else in the Al Saunders era he'll either be riding the pine the entire season or selling used cars in downtown Philly come September 9th. If he were more familiar with the system, then I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

We also have to keep in mind that he probably accepted the minimum to sign. A "better veteran" probably would not have. McCardell certainly didn't, I doubt anyone just as good or better would have. Just a thought...

And what I'm referring to is unless he can learn a 700 page playbook faster than anyone else in the Al Saunders era he'll either be riding the pine the entire season or selling used cars in downtown Philly come September 9th. If he were more familiar with the system, then I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

We also have to keep in mind that he probably accepted the minimum to sign. A "better veteran" probably would not have. McCardell certainly didn't, I doubt anyone just as good or better would have. Just a thought...

How about a gentleman's bet? If Todd Pinkston has one reception in the '07-'08 season (as a Redskin) then as part of your sig, you must put "LavarIsDaMan IS the man and I was wrong" for two weeks. But if he doesn't, even though he had some snaps, you can choose a one-liner to put in my sig for two weeks... As long as it's not some ish like "I love the pokes and iggles" that would defame the Redskins!

How about a gentleman's bet? If Todd Pinkston has one reception in the '06-'07 season (as a Redskin) then as part of your sig, you must put "LavarIsDaMan IS the man and I was wrong" for two weeks. But if he doesn't, even though he had some snaps, you can choose a one-liner to put in my sig for two weeks... As long as it's not some ish like "I love the pokes and iggles" that would defame the Redskins!

I think you mean the '07-'08 season. Don't want you losing a bet without a fighting chance. :)

How about a gentleman's bet? If Todd Pinkston has one reception in the '07-'08 season (as a Redskin) then as part of your sig, you must put "LavarIsDaMan IS the man and I was wrong" for two weeks. But if he doesn't, even though he had some snaps, you can choose a one-liner to put in my sig for two weeks... As long as it's not some ish like "I love the pokes and iggles" that would defame the Redskins!

It's a bet, preseason catches don't count of course. Don't worry, I would never defame the Redskins...ever.:point2sky

Archived