Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 2008 -- Reviews Coming In

Hooper

Ok, I got madden yesterday.

It sucks.

The end.

Seriously, I've always called it like I see it. All Pro 2k8 is not a perfect football game, but it is way more realistic than Madden. Maybe if I hadn't played 2k8, I'd like this years madden, but oh well.

If anyone wants to buy my 360 copy and save 15 bucks, let me know.

I tend to agree, Madden every year gets swallowed into the hype and everyone goes ballistic. The game play mediocre, with controls that can be frustrating at times. The Run Game can be extremely hard to establish and passing is inconsistent, there was a stretch where I had like 10 missed passes in a row. The announcing is half assed and sound as if they put no time into it. The stadiums look horrendous and the people in the stands look non-existent. Since I bought it at BJ's wholesale Club I might end up bringing it back...2k sports was way better...

Edit*** WAYYYYY TOO many turnovers, I had 2 INTs with Fred Smoot in one quarter!, Freds not that good! SMOOOOT!

-Grant

I got Madden tuesday, and I haven't even opened it yet.

This thread doesn't make it look like I'm going to run home & open it tonight either....

The early Reviews bought wayyyy wayyy too much into the hype, this game is nowhere near what the media reviews are saying. I will say this, its is an improvement over last years game, but I'm sick of dropping $60 on madden every year, only to be disappointed.

-Grant

I can understand that dude's feelings in that video. He's absolutely right, EA does this **** every year. EA's entire business model is to buy the naming rights and then half ass the game and laugh all the way to the bank. I think this is probably the last madden I'm buying for awhile. When does EA's exclusive license for the NFLPA run out? I'm so tired of these lazy ****s.

I can understand that dude's feelings in that video. He's absolutely right, EA does this **** every year. EA's entire business model is to buy the naming rights and then half ass the game and laugh all the way to the bank. I think this is probably the last madden I'm buying for awhile. When does EA's exclusive license for the NFLPA run out? I'm so tired of these lazy ****s.

Just 2 more years.

I thought 07 sucked the big one for the 360. However I am getting 08 in a week and I am pretty pumped about it. I just hope it is better than 07. And people...IT IS A VIDEO GAME! Granted everyone wants a game that is a simulation or whatever but its a video game folks. They are supposed to be fun.

My coworker just got the PC version and had issues installing it on his computer. It kept saying directX 9.0c wasn't installed when in fact it was. So I had to look at a solution for him and found it. Apparently others are seeing this.

Just a note, in case some people buy it for the PC. I don't know if the work around works yet (he'll try it tonight).

This is the work around I gave him to try

E:\autorun.exe -DXInstalled

where E: is his DVD drive.

I have yet to have a consistent problem with turnovers.

I throw some picks cuz I throw into coverage...

I've played a few games that were 13-10 and such. Good defensive battles that have maybe 2 turnovers.

The reason I say I haven't encountered consistent issues is because in 2 games, for a 2 minute in game stretch both teams fumble repeatedly. Every time someone touches it they fumble.

That's the only glitch I've found so far.

It seems a lot harder than the NCAA game.

I like that you can manage a bunch of different franchises at once. Could the older versions of the game do that?

San Diego receivers are terrible. Brandon Lloyd ain't much better. In my franchise, Santana went down in the first pre-season game with a broken jaw - gone for ten weeks.

San Diego receivers are terrible. Brandon Lloyd ain't much better. In my franchise, Santana went down in the first pre-season game with a broken jaw - gone for ten weeks.

Hello Reset button.

Played one game against Tennessee. Lost 14-10. To be expected when you didn't read the book & was learning on the fly.

I like it so far. I'm not going to cream over it, but I'm not going to bash the S out of it either......

I played the 360 version last night, and it is ridiculously better than the last version, but it still needs to fix a few things. I hate the play calling screen as I play my friends at their houses and not online, making easier for them to guess where the play is going.

IMO NCAA 08 is better. But I just got Madden today so maybe it takes some getting used too. IDK but NCAA just seems so clean and crisp and smooth and I love everything about it.

I just picked up Madden today for PS2, but haven't played it yet. I have loved NCAA though and have been playing it a ton.

I'm very interested to see if Madden is any better, but I'm psyched to get my Skins franchise goin.

Archived