Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 'we suck' MERGED 2007 Pre Season Post Game Thread

UltimateSkins

I think the D will be top 10 again. The addition of Fletcher was obvious tonight. He a wrecking ball out there and his intensity showed and spreaded to everyone else. The offense will be better with the return of Samuels. I think some of you are forgetting how important his presence is on the field. Two if not all three of the fumbles came from his position, and Campbell just needs more time on the field and to get more comfortable. I believe Randy Thomas was out as well and with Wade getting his first start at guard it's easy to see why the line looked so bad.

Once all five guys are there the running game will improve and Campbell will have more time. I thought he made some great throws when he had time. The out pass to I forget who, the Santana catch, the Espy comeback, and Randle el drop all looked good. I see us making some great strides once the offense starts too gel.

Also, I thought the defense played with a chip on there shoulder, especially the D-line. We played on the other side of the ball and had some bright spots. Rocky looked much improved, Golston looks hungrier, Landry just needs to get comfortable, and LF looks like the best free agent pickup period.

I'm not panicking and I feel good about what I saw tonight. I not calling Superbowl or playoffs yet, but I think we have a more complete team than we've had in a long time. And who was no. 77, he looks like a monster, especially when he blew up the back in the backfield.

Didn't mean to get longwinded but I saw a lot of little things that made me think we have a real chance to compete, as long as we gel and improve on the little things. Remember, we also didn't have the dumb penalties we normally have either. I think this team is under the radar of the league bumblin' quietly about to blow. :2cents: :)

Well to put my armchair QB expertise out there, I'd say the O-line left ALOT to be desired. Jason had hardly anytime at all before he had to get rid of the ball or take the sack, but besides hanging on to the ball when being sacked, Jason did alright and had some GOOD throws. The Defence was awsome and put some HARD hits out there. I think if the O-line could give the QB some time we could do something on offence. we definently have something to build on and I hope if they can get the O-line together we will do well.

Why bit** we already are better than we were last year at this time. We did suck for 56 minutes tho.

I guess some of you don't realise that our backups scored all the points tonight. Most to all of these guys aren't even going to be on the team at the start of the season. So i am sorry if i can't get excited over some lucky a** win that our backups got for us.

At this point... I think the Skins need to cut ties with Brunell.

Only Brunell would have 7 snaps total and need to call 2 timeouts. Did you see the defense when he called the 1st timeout. 4-3... and the linebackers were 5-yards off the ball. It doesn't get any more vanilla than that.... it's not like they were showing the Redskins anything they haven't seen since Pop Warner.

Brunell needs to retire. Yesterday. It's gotten that bad.

At this point... I think the Skins need to cut ties with Brunell.

Only Brunell would have 7 snaps total and need to call 2 timeouts. Did you see the defense when he called the 1st timeout. 4-3... and the linebackers were 5-yards off the ball. It doesn't get any more vanilla than that.... it's not like they were showing the Redskins anything they haven't seen since Pop Warner.

Brunell needs to retire. Yesterday. It's gotten that bad.

This is painfully obvious...I only hope that Saunders makes the case.

According to the Game Book:

Washington Redskins Tennessee Titans

Offense WR 89 S.Moss

LT 74 S.Heyer

LG 71 T.Wade

C 61 C.Rabach

RG 77 R.Thomas

RT 76 J.Jansen

TE 47 C.Cooley

WR 82 A.Randle El

QB 17 J.Campbell

RB 46 L.Betts

FB 45 M.Sellers

According to the Game Book:

Washington Redskins Tennessee Titans

Offense WR 89 S.Moss

LT 74 S.Heyer

LG 71 T.Wade

C 61 C.Rabach

RG 77 R.Thomas

RT 76 J.Jansen

TE 47 C.Cooley

WR 82 A.Randle El

QB 17 J.Campbell

RB 46 L.Betts

FB 45 M.Sellers

Or, if you actually watched the game and don't pay attention to these types of details the first time... you should Tivo the game and rewind :)

Is it me, or has the play of both tackles gone down the toilet.

Chris and Jon both don't look like the dominating tackles they once were. Chris appears to be too stiff, and Jon is so full of himself ...

Personally, I like these rookies/new players - Mason, Westbrook, and Baylock. I sincerely do hope they make the cut.

Hail SKINS! Hail SKINS!

Probobly why "Chris" didnt look so dominating is he wasnt in Tennessee, much less suited for the game, much less playing. I also fail to see how watching Jansen plays poorly translates into him being full of himself...I certainly havent seen it.

I think both sides are making too big of a deal out of the game. Offense had some flashes but has a lot of work to do, while the D played well but is not up to regular season standards yet. Might sound too simple but it was not just the pre-season but the 1ST pre-season game. Everyone needs to get better buy I am not ready to throw the season away just yet.

I guess some of you don't realise that our backups scored all the points tonight. Most to all of these guys aren't even going to be on the team at the start of the season. So i am sorry if i can't get excited over some lucky a** win that our backups got for us.

It wasn't a "lucky ass" win...the first TD was just good execution by Collins, our 3rd stringer, against the Titans' 3rd stringer. No luck involved whatsoever. And the TD drive he lead would have won the game...

The second TD wasn't luck, either. It's not like Westbrook accidentally fell on the ball without realizing there was a fumble...that TD was the result of a lot of heads-up play and hustle by several players, not luck.

Since the team has only been practicing as a team for the last 2 weeks, and since they did have an entirely new left side of the O line, and since the starting running back didn't even dress out, I am going to give the offense the benefit of the doubt. If I see this by the 3rd preseason game, then I will worry. The defense did look a lot sharper than it did this time last year, the jury is still out on them. Over all, it is about what I would expect from a team after 2 weeks of practice. The true tests are in the next couple of games. :point2sky

Samuel's wasn't playing and neither was Randy Thomas. 'Nuff said.

Yes! Chris is out with an injury. His being stiff was an overall assessment ... not his non play in this preason game.

Please don't argue for the sake of arguing. Take the time to digest what the post is all about,and the overall intent.

True but Collins has always given the Skins trouble....

Here's what I took out of the game.....

Positives:

1. LFB- Bigtime improvement over Lemar Marshall in the middle

2. Rocky M- Made some jarring hits and was always near the ball. An upgrade over Warrick Holdman

3. Interior Defensive Line- Played very well against the run; pushed the pocket back at times as well. Montgomery was unblockable at times.

4. Stephen Heyer- I don't know who's fault the blitz pick up was but other than that he played very well especially considering he went up against a top caliber defensive end. People are trying to discredit him since he's an UDFA, but he has potential and played well.

Negatives:

1. Wade and Jansen- Jansen has no excuses. He's supposed to be a leader and absolutely did not step up with Samuels out. Wade is struggling in his transition. This team had to consider trading a 2nd day pick for Pete Kendall. This would allow them to upgrade at guard AND Wade would move to backup tackle, making this a much deeper o-line.

2. Receivers minus Moss- It was tough to judge since JC didn't have time to throw but they didn't seem to be getting a whole lot of separation. We also had a couple of drops (Randel El had a one that stalled a drive). Lloyd is needed.....

3. Starting Defensive Ends- They were good against the run but I didn't see much against the pass from the starting edge rushers. Not a negative, but we're still in need of a pass rusher....

4. Brunnell- Terrible

4. Stephen Heyer- I don't know who's fault the blitz pick up was but other than that he played very well especially considering he went up against a top caliber defensive end. People are trying to discredit him since he's an UDFA, but he has potential and played well.

You're kidding right? I'm guessing you're a Terp fan or Heyer's mother. He was terrible, but he wasn't alone. I"m guessing he's going from potential starter to the Practice Squad by preseason's end.

The one sack and fumble was JC's fault (didn't read an obvious blitz), but the poor run blocking and overall pass protection was on Heyer (and others).

4. Brunnell- Terrible

Why did you leave out "JC - Terrible"? At least JC got to work with players who will actually play in the NFL.

The whole team was horrible. Great we won, but we know that's not important in the preseason. The way you play is! We played terribly and there was nothing on offense you could say was a positive. JC made three good throws in one half of football. Woohoo.

Defense - Fletcher and Landry looked good. But we still have issues. If Young is at QB for them, I think it's a different story.

We've got a lot of work to do. And I'd start with getting rid of Al Saunders and his playbook and go back to the offensive coordinator/head coach who's in the Hall of Fame because of his offensive playbook.

Hail,

H

So, it's obvious that our team sucks. Which is going to suck worse, our offense (which noone seemed to be complaining about on Friday) or our defense (which all the skeptics labeled as the probable downfall of this team)?

Because, you know, our offensive line is just TERRIBLE now since Stephon Heyer gave up (gasp!) a preseason sack when he had to start since our PRO BOWL left tackle can't play until (oh no!) the regular season! And Todd Wade will never learn LG, couldn't you tell that by the two quarters he played last night? Is everyone that stupid that they can't draw conclusions about things from one half of football?

And our running game is probably going to go from 4th to last in the NFL judging from what I saw last night. We better cut Betts and hope for the best.

Last thing--Chris Cooley didn't catch a ball. Cut him, he's obviously on the downside of his career.

HAIL

Is it me, or has the play of both tackles gone down the toilet.

Chris and Jon both don't look like the dominating tackles they once were. Chris appears to be too stiff, and Jon is so full of himself ...

Personally, I like these rookies/new players - Mason, Westbrook, and Baylock. I sincerely do hope they make the cut.

Hail SKINS! Hail SKINS!

I think Mason is a diamond in the rough. The running play where he got the first down reminded me of a play by reggie bush last year. Not saying he is reggie bush. But how hard is it to stop on a dime then go the other way across the field and pick up a first down. He is a keeper and a local product. We would be stupid to let him go. Betts didn't show me anything last night nor did rock. Truth be told if it wasn't for that mason play and the play of the edwards the tight end we probably would have lost.

QB play was suspect. But I seriously think we should cut Brunell since Collins knows the offense better and looks better the past two preseasons. The QB line up should be as follows. Campbell>Collins>Palmer. But I am suprised Palmer didn't play. He will see action next game and I think he will show up ready to play.

The defense was awesome. We got behind the line many times and I think alexander the guy that made a tackle with no helmet showed true grit making that play. London Fletcher is a beast. Rocky is speedy and Laron is a speed demon. Along with Taylor. We should have one of the fastest defenses in the league. They did really well against the run and Henry the running back from the Titans did what he did against the 3rd string. But the defense would have received a A+ if they had got a sack or two. I hate the repeated vision of seeing our redskins get like a foot away form the QB and he gets rid of the ball EVERYTIME. Like come on guys touch the freakin QB atleast.

The Offensive ine definitely needs to get it together. If not we can chalk this season up. But I know everything will be worked on and Buges will make sure they are ready. So lesson learned.

Question why do we always let people pass for first downs. Maybe because our cb play back so far and a wide receiver runs a post and they can't defend it all the time. I have seen that too many times..

Anyways. I ws happy we won the game. But our offensive line needs a lot of work and betts didn't show me anything. Jason will be much improved the next game. But I think their may be a battle for thrid or second running back behind Portis (eventhough he is hurt) before the preseason is over..

:notworthy HAIL TO THE SKINS!!! :notworthy

Negatives:

1. Wade and Jansen- Jansen has no excuses. He's supposed to be a leader and absolutely did not step up with Samuels out. Wade is struggling in his transition. This team had to consider trading a 2nd day pick for Pete Kendall. This would allow them to upgrade at guard AND Wade would move to backup tackle, making this a much deeper o-line.

Jansen needs to stop acting like a politician and play some ball. I love Jansen. But some how it seems like he is full of himself and relishes the camera in interviews. Man up..Play BALL!!!

Your right he has no excuses.

Archived