Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 'we suck' MERGED 2007 Pre Season Post Game Thread

UltimateSkins

Seriously, why does everyone have to talk about it so much? It's turning into a running joke around the league. "Blah blah blah, the playbook is too complicated, why can't he just give his players pop up books like the rest of the coaches?" I'm tired of it. Who wrote the initial story on this 700 page playbook? I never want to hear of it again. Everyone keeps talking about how complicated Saunders' offense is. If it's so god damn complicated, why is everyone good with it but us? Please, let's just forget this stupid playbook exists it's getting to the point where it's more annoying than Spurrier.

Let me start by saying I am big Skins fan.

However, time and time again it's frustrating to see the Skins not click on offense. This is a deep rooted problem that has plagued the Skin for the past several years...

The O-line did little against the Titans to justify earning a paycheck!

The running game did not show punch. The WRs and the passing game was noticibly absent.

On the other hand, the defense did look like its coming together.

basically, they are running a very vanilla offense, and the titans defense was playing at much higher intensity level (regular season level). When theres a vanilla offense, it is very easy to stop the run. Betts minorly hurt his neck a few days back, so hes probably not going all out. Jason was a little rattled but got control of his nerves. Jansen was just sucking and there is no excuse for his piss poor technique.

The only thing different this year from last year is now our defense doesn't completely suck and our offense does! Thank God Vince Young wasn't playing or it would be alot uglier then it is now. Wow....our 3rd string is about to score some points. Oh no....we scored a TD! Go third string!!!!! How pathetic are we now?

Disappointed again!:point2sky

Is it me, or has the play of both tackles gone down the toilet.

Chris and Jon both don't look like the dominating tackles they once were. Chris appears to be too stiff, and Jon is so full of himself ...

Personally, I like these rookies/new players - Mason, Westbrook, and Baylock. I sincerely do hope they make the cut.

Hail SKINS! Hail SKINS!

I know I saw these threads last year... but tonight is a preseason game so I won't put too much thought into them just yet. Fortunately, we all can be assured adjustments will be made and our offensive line WILL be better, or there will be plenty more of these threads.

Honestly, I don't want to hear about it's vanilla offense. I usually agree that its the preseason, but what about the fact that Joe Gibbs said that he didn't try and win the preseason games and then didn't last year? We are really setting a good precedent for this season. Oh by the way, why is Mark Brunell getting so many snaps? We already know what he is capable of. He should be on the bench while Palmer and Collins are duking it out.

basically, they are running a very vanilla offense, and the titans defense was playing at much higher intensity level (regular season level). When theres a vanilla offense, it is very easy to stop the run. Betts minorly hurt his neck a few days back, so hes probably not going all out. Jason was a little rattled but got control of his nerves. Jansen was just sucking and there is no excuse for his piss poor technique.

Everyone runs a vanilla offense, yet good teams can play good with their starters....this excuse is soooooooooooooo tired.

With due respect to fellow Skin fans ...

I don't buy into this phillosophy about it's just pre-season. Oh! We were playing just Vanilla offense. We did not have our starters in, etc...

Most teams that do well in pre-season do well in the regular season as well. They get the chemistry going, and continue leverage that into the regular and post-season play.

Once again, I don't want to appear to over react... But, the problem with the Skins' offense have been in existance for a while, and still do!

Too much negative influence swirling around......who gives a damn if our 3rd team can't score on their 3rd team........

The defense looks a lot better than last year and the offense was without samuels, portis, and wade is on his first start.....he'll get used to it and gel the more he gets reps......we'll be ok people..........Lets stay positive and not throw away the year on the 1st game action these guys have seen in 6 months

Is it me, or has the play of both tackles gone down the toilet.

Chris and Jon both don't look like the dominating tackles they once were. Chris appears to be too stiff, and Jon is so full of himself ...

Personally, I like these rookies/new players - Mason, Westbrook, and Baylock. I sincerely do hope they make the cut.

Hail SKINS! Hail SKINS!

well its easy for chris too look to stiff since he isn't playing.

It is a little frustrating that they made a big point about Joe wanted to win in the preseason so they weren't going to run a vanilla offense. And then it took us 59 minutes to put points on the board. So by the coaches edict we were supposed to be trying really hard to win, but the players looked like they were half-assing it.

Something is askew.

Archived