Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 'we suck' MERGED 2007 Pre Season Post Game Thread

UltimateSkins

Steve Spurrier thought the same thing....

Joe Gibbs first go around, one of our Super Bowl teams went 0-4 in the preseason...

NO Spurriers starters stunk just like our starters.

WINS AND LOSSES IN PREASEASON MEAN NOTHING!

Starters performances mean alot.

Our defense played well. Our offense needs work. Like it or not.

With due respect to fellow Skin fans ...

I don't buy into this phillosophy about it's just pre-season. Oh! We were playing just Vanilla offense. We did not have our starters in, etc...

Most teams that do well in pre-season do well in the regular season as well. They get the chemistry going, and continue leverage that into the regular and post-season play.

Once again, I don't want to appear to over react... But, the problem with the Skins' offense have been in existance for a while, and still do!

yeah but we are missing key players who do alot for this team like Samuels and Portis.

Let me start by saying I am big Skins fan.

However, time and time again it's frustrating to see the Skins not click on offense. This is a deep rooted problem that has plagued the Skin for the past several years...

The O-line did little against the Titans to justify earning a paycheck!

The running game did not show punch. The WRs and the passing game was noticibly absent.

On the other hand, the defense did look like its coming together.

Pretty much hit that one right on the head :applause:

:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck

Is it me, or has the play of both tackles gone down the toilet.

Chris and Jon both don't look like the dominating tackles they once were. Chris appears to be too stiff, and Jon is so full of himself ...

Personally, I like these rookies/new players - Mason, Westbrook, and Baylock. I sincerely do hope they make the cut.

Hail SKINS! Hail SKINS!

FYI, CHris is out with an injury.

Well I don't think we should take our OL woes lightly. Samuels and Thomas are both coming off injuries, Wade is unproven at left Guard, and Jansen's performance has noticeably declined. To say we'll be fine come the beginning of the season is overly optimistic.

Too much negative influence swirling around......who gives a damn if our 3rd team can't score on their 3rd team........

The defense looks a lot better than last year and the offense was without samuels, portis, and wade is on his first start.....he'll get used to it and gel the more he gets reps......we'll be ok people..........Lets stay positive and not throw away the year on the 1st game action these guys have seen in 6 months

Weren't you whining earlier?

We won the game. Everyone calm down for a second and reflect on the fact that WE WON THE FRIGGIN GAME! Also, no starters got hurt. All is right with the world (except for the O-Line...heh heh, ouch)

Bugel will fix the O-Line. Take that to the bank.

EDIT: Plus, who knows what protections were on, what the plan was. We'll be fine.

Is it me, or has the play of both tackles gone down the toilet.

Chris and Jon both don't look like the dominating tackles they once were. Chris appears to be too stiff, and Jon is so full of himself ...

Personally, I like these rookies/new players - Mason, Westbrook, and Baylock. I sincerely do hope they make the cut.

Hail SKINS! Hail SKINS!

yeah, no doubt. chris samuels didn't block a soul tonight.

We won the game. Everyone calm down for a second and reflect on the fact that WE WON THE FRIGGIN GAME! Also, no starters got hurt. All is right with the world (except for the O-Line...heh heh, ouch)

Well, winning brings a smile. But we can't deny the fact that we were supposed to be trying to win the game and dedicating ourselves to winning the game. But our Starting Offense played an entire half without scoring. And our 2nd stringers couldn't score either. That's frightening.

Winning is worth a smile on the face while falling asleep. But come tomorrow, it's going to be serious questions time.

How could we look that bad against a crappy Titans team without Vince Young who that entire team?

I think that this is something to build on, JC got no help from his WR's whatsoever. ARE, Espy and McAtlee couldn't hold onto the ball. Santana and JC are on the same page but its hard to get to Santana if you are running for your life. Jansen looked BAD B A D BAD tonight. So the pukes looked good against Indy its only a matter of time before TO blows that team up! Our D looked great and played on a short field most of the first half, we may look like the Ravens or Bucs in their heydey with a stone age O and a great D but I'll take it. IMHO that it was sad watching Brunnell, he doesn't physically have it anymore. TC might be a better #2 at this point

Bugel will fix the O-Line. Take that to the bank.

EDIT: Plus, who knows what protections were on, what the plan was. We'll be fine.

If you're right, this will be a fantastic year, because that's the only complaint I have. I'm pretty sure those fumbles won't shake Campbell though...he has poise. :cheers:

The run defense was encouraging. However, the pass defense was still giving up the plays underneath that are going to keep drives going with 1st downs. How many times did you see our CB's even come close to making a play on the ball?

Zero.

Any pass plays that didn't work were plain drops or bad passes that left the receivers vulnerable.

So, it's hard to get excited when a team like the Titans are missing Vince Young.... and they're running a RB-by-committee because they lack an elite back.... and despite NOT having an elite receiver.... could still rely on Brandon Jacobs (you know, the 3rd year WR that's been a flop until he played the Redskins) for a first down.

That doesn't bode well when the Redskins play an upper echelon team.

But you have to give it to Jeff Fischer though.... no matter the talent on his team... he manages to keep his team in games they should have no business in. And when he actually gets a talented team.... he can win consistently with it.

Unlike Gibbs... who has 3 Wr's with $10M bonuses... Cooley is up next.... Portis among the highest paid RB's in the league... and his offensive line is among the highest paid in the league... and a 1st round pick at QB.

And he's stumbling.

Once again, at some point, you're going to have to put side the success of the 80's.... and evaluate the coach on his recent record.

Even the post-game interview.... "Hey Coach, did you accomplish what you wanted to accomplish?"

Gibbs - "Yeah, we won the ball game".

Great Joe.... enjoy these sweet moments skimming by 3rd stringers in the preseason. But the regular season is 4x as long..... and it doesn't look like it's going to be pretty.

NO Spurriers starters stunk just like our starters.

WINS AND LOSSES IN PREASEASON MEAN NOTHING!

Starters performances mean alot.

Our defense played well. Our offense needs work. Like it or not.

Normaly the D is way ahead of the offense in the beginning of the season.

Archived