Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Halftime review -- Woe is Jansen.

Art

Honestly look at the offense Ramsy played in.

Gibbs never gave him a fair shot.

Ramsy would often put up big numbers and play big too.

Let the past go son, moving forward now J.C. did have a nice 17yd avg per comp.

He has 7 career starts going into his 3rd season, he has more to improve but who doesn't w/ only 7 careers starts.

Fletcher is a beast, it seemed as if he had a tracking device on the football.

defense was great against the run tonight, and played great all around. i would've liked to see our 1st team front four get a pass rush goin though, the only time they got close were on fumbled snaps

Do you know any Qb IN HISTORY that had only 7 career starts into his 3rd season that hasn't had ups and downs in that short period of playing history?

still waiting................................................:snore:

Ok you didn't answer my question?? CAN YOU name a qb that has only 7 career starts going into his 3rd yr that hasn't had some ups and downs, IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL!???

Still waiting................................:snore:

How many years does Romo sits to pee have in the league?

Compared to J.C.

nice try but thats really comparing apples and oranges imho.

Now if you can answer my question, then your statements may be a lil more credible until then its just a bunch of :pooh: coming out of your mouth

I guess I better not hold my breath :applause: :applause: :laugh: :laugh:

Brady, Pennington, Romo sits to pee, Rivers, Big Ben, McNair, Marino, Elway. Should I keep going?

First I guess you should define ups and downs. All players have bad games. I don't think that's what were talking about. JC is clearly not in the above player's league. I can keep naming them. Until we get a franchise QB that will play at a high level week in and week out, we will not be very successful. I have been saying this since the end of the season. Tonight just backs it up.

Yes the o-line blew chunks tonight, but JC is just another ho-hum QB. If our QB's sucked last year(like everyone said), they suck this year. They are the same guys.

Brady, Pennington, Romo sits to pee, Rivers, Big Ben, McNair, Marino, Elway. Should I keep going?

First I guess you should define ups and downs. All players have bad games. I don't think that's what were talking about. JC is clearly not in the above player's league. I can keep naming them. Until we get a franchise QB that will play at a high level week in and week out, we will not be very successful. I have been saying this since the end of the season. Tonight just backs it up.

Yes the o-line blew chunks tonight, but JC is just another ho-hum QB. If our QB's sucked last year(like everyone said), they suck this year. They are the same guys.

HOfer, average, unknown, stacked offense and a rookie, Um Big Ben had some up and downs last year :jerk: , McNair is a pro bowler, HoFer, HoFer.

Good job. :doh:

Your handle speaks volumes about your intelligence.

It's preseason.

It was a vanilla offense.

The titans defense was playing it more like a regular season game.

His pro bowl left tackle was not playing.

He didn't have his starting runningback.

He had a drop, and two really exceptional pass defenses.

make those catchs and hes 9 and 14 with about 140 yards.

I think you ought to be discouraged by the fact that the "off-season improvement" of Campbell was a myth. He is still as inaccurate and inconsistent as last year. He still has some mechanics issues and look unsure in the pocket with happy feet a couple of times.

He isn't a rookie. This is his third year. They should have his consistency and mechanics problems fixed by now. That is supposedly what was worked on last year. Yet he still made some poor throws and "rookie" mistakes.

JC is a heartbreaker, I think. He shows you some good things (e.g., the nice out to ARE) that get you salivating, then he makes a couple bad plays.

6 of 14 with 2 fumbles and 0 points is something to be discouraged about.

That being said, I think the defense is promising. Hopefully its because of the D and not that Tennesee/Collins is THAT bad. But the D is promising.

I think you need to shoot yourself to end your misery...

As expected (like every other year on most teams in the NFL) the defenses are ahead of the offenses at this point. The O-line was bad but missing C. Samuels and T. Wade making his 1st start ever as a guard has a lot to do w/ it. When the line gave JC time he looked really good. And when the rush got there he didn't. Pretty much like every other team in the NFL. The O-line should improve over the next 3 games. We need to be able to run the ball to be successful. We will find out in 29 days if we can do that. 1st preseason game doesn't mean much.

HOfer, average, unknown, stacked offense and a rookie, Um Big Ben had some up and downs last year :jerk: , McNair is a pro bowler, HoFer, HoFer.

Good job. :doh:

Again ups and downs need defined.

Pennington with his first start, I believe, didn't lose a game until the AFC Championship that year. Would be a HOFer had he not ripped his shoulder. When he is hurt the Jets are a 3-13 team. When he plays, they make the playoffs. I think he qualifies as a qB with less than 7 starts who had no "ups and downs". And if he is average like you say, what does that say for JC? Practice squad?

Romo sits to pee=unknown. Maybe. I sure hope so. Performed much better than JC has with fewer games under his belt.

Ben? Unbeaten as a starting rookie and a SB. Again meeting the original poster's specs.

The others are HOFers, pro-bowlers. That's the point. That's what we want and JC isn't one.

I'd say it was an excellent job on my part.

(And that is why I didn't bother to answer the question. No matter who I named, the answer would be discounted. Quite simply, those who want to see JC as great can't see how pedestrian he is, in fact.)

SMG,

Please explain to the crowd how you can already tell Jason's a bust after only 7 starts??

I guess you'd have cut Brees,Aikman,Bradshaw,Manning etc. after their first 7 starts also??

IMO, we do not have enough of a sample size to determine what kind of QB Jason is yet.

First pre-season game as starter and some people have him labled as a bust.

torches.gif

it looked like the first preseason game

This is the most true statement yet.

SMG - Why do you even follow this team? I have never seen you say anything remotely positive. Maybe jumping off a bridge will help ease your pain? I know it will solve ours. :doh:

TSMG - Why do you even follow this team? I have never seen you say anything remotely positive.

Uhh... in this thread right here in my first comment I said the Defense looked good. So you are clearly wrong.

Sorry. I can't be positive about what I saw out of JC or the starting offense. Despite my desire to want them to be great, I can't stick my head that far in the sand to be optimistic about what I just saw.

Jansen underachieving? Uh, I've been saying that for the last 5 years. He's not nearly as good as what he's hyped up to be by Redskin fans. The Skins have been overpaying him for way too long.

Tell me you couldn't get the same performance from a guy like Wade who makes 1/10th of what Jansen makes? It's what this team does... it overpays everybody.

so many negatives about campbell. first exhibition, and the lingering doubts. he has played 7 regular season games, and because he was harassed most of the first half, had two good passes dropped, and a vanilla offense, you would think he is already a bust. you give up two big time beat the tackle hurries, blind side hits, and it will make any qb antsy. our offensive line is not very good. jansen as i suspected two years ago, has diminished his ability as a pro bowl tackle. he needs to get in the weight room, and work out. needs strength training. he appears to be a weak 300 pound tackle now. heyer, has early problems, but has good potential. not so sure about our guard play. anyway, the defense, appears to be back to aggressive play, and the middle is now controlled by mr. fletcher. he is a beast, and makes things happen sideline to sideline. it helps everyone on defense. def tackles played well, but, will need to pick up the forcing plays more. special teams looked good. offense still very vanilla, but, the execution was not good.

Posts: 250 Re: The 'we suck' MERGED 2007 Pre Season Post Game Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the D will be top 10 again. The addition of Fletcher was obvious tonight. He a wrecking ball out there and his intensity showed and spreaded to everyone else. The offense will be better with the return of Samuels. I think some of you are forgetting how important his presence is on the field. Two if not all three of the fumbles came from his position, and Campbell just needs more time on the field and to get more comfortable. I believe Randy Thomas was out as well and with Wade getting his first start at guard it's easy to see why the line looked so bad.

Once all five guys are there the running game will improve and Campbell will have more time. I thought he made some great throws when he had time. The out pass to I forget who, the Santana catch, the Espy comeback, and Randle el drop all looked good. I see us making some great strides once the offense starts too gel.

Also, I thought the defense played with a chip on there shoulder, especially the D-line. We played on the other side of the ball and had some bright spots. Rocky looked much improved, Golston looks hungrier, Landry just needs to get comfortable, and LF looks like the best free agent pickup period.

I'm not panicking and I feel good about what I saw tonight. I not calling Superbowl or playoffs yet, but I think we have a more complete team than we've had in a long time. And who was no. 77, he looks like a monster, especially when he blew up the back in the backfield.

Didn't mean to get longwinded but I saw a lot of little things that made me think we have a real chance to compete, as long as we gel and improve on the little things. Remember, we also didn't have the dumb penalties we normally have either. I think this team is under the radar of the league bumblin' quietly about to blow.

Archived