Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Halftime review -- Woe is Jansen.

Art

Not sure you're actually watching this game. Campbell did nothing tonight to think he hasn't improved.

If what he showed tonight is exactly what he showed last year, then what evidence is there that he improved? None.

The corner to Espy was also a miss, but, for me, more of a timing miss due to not really playing with Espy like the other top receivers.

This is one of the plays that showed his mechanics problems. Go back and watch him on that play. He locked on to Espy and for some reason had happy feet taking like 10 baby steps before over-throwing the ball.

____

Look, I'm not saying he nothing that was good. He had a couple excellent thrown balls. But see my point about him being a tease. He makes a great throw to ARE on the out then overthrows him by 10 yards on a short pass. He throws deep to Moss, but then he fumbles twice. There is too much up and down.

Hell, he played an entire half (with a couple series against the Titans' second string defense) and didn't put points.

With his ability, I expect more out of him. He has the tools. He was given a season and a half to sit on the bench and learn (unlike Alex Smith, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler; and this year Tavaris Jackson, Brodie Croyle). He shouldn't still be looking like a rookie out there, but he does with the inconsistency.

Our starting D did very well and Landry laid some wood on the Qb :cheers:

Fumbles hurt but I don't see this carrying over into the regular season.

Campbell w/ a nice 17yd avg per comp. :cheers:

We need to get the ball to Cooley, he was non existent on Offense.

Its kind of ironic that all offseason fans, media, etc. have bashed our D-line and they totally dominated the Titans O-line. I don't remember see a run for more than 4yds the 1st half or Kerry Kollins getting more than a few seconds to setup.

Our D will be just fine, as I've stated all offseason. LBF is going to really help our D :cheers:

The offensive line didnt give up the sack. Campbell eitherway should of protected the ball. He should of been aware that he had a DB blitzing. Offensive tackles dont usually block DB thats for TE, RB and FB to do.

Sorry, but the O-Line did give up the sack. Heyer had the responsibility to make that block. Rookie mistake. Campbell needs to hold onto the ball, though. The fumble is on Campbell. The sacks are on Heyer & Jansen.

I think you ought to be discouraged by the fact that the "off-season improvement" of Campbell was a myth. He is still as inaccurate and inconsistent as last year. He still has some mechanics issues and look unsure in the pocket with happy feet a couple of times.

He isn't a rookie. This is his third year. They should have his consistency and mechanics problems fixed by now. That is supposedly what was worked on last year. Yet he still made some poor throws and "rookie" mistakes.

JC is a heartbreaker, I think. He shows you some good things (e.g., the nice out to ARE) that get you salivating, then he makes a couple bad plays.

6 of 14 with 2 fumbles and 0 points is something to be discouraged about.

That being said, I think the defense is promising. Hopefully its because of the D and not that Tennesee/Collins is THAT bad. But the D is promising.

Isnt this Jason's 2nd year?

For a FIRST PRESEASON GAME (keep in mind here people) Campbell doesnt look bad. He held onto the ball a bit too long in a few situations, but he did bring it down and scramble when he needed too. Protection has been pretty bad, and he has had ZERO run game to work with either. It also doesnt help he has recievers (Espy, ARE, McAddley) dropping balls left and right.

He did OK. To be expected of a first preseason game.

Sorry, but the O-Line did give up the sack. Heyer had the responsibility to make that block. Rookie mistake. Campbell needs to hold onto the ball, though. The fumble is on Campbell. The sacks are on Heyer & Jansen.

Ok so he is suposse to block a defensive end and DB at the same time.

We didnt have an extra man blocking. All of Campbells fumbles reminded me of the Spurrier era.

4-5 men going out to catch passes and no one blocking.

When the defense sends 6-7 men blitzing when you only have 5 men blocking someone is going to get through.

With his ability, I expect more out of him. He has the tools. He was given a season and a half to sit on the bench and learn (unlike Alex Smith, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler; and this year Tavaris Jackson, Brodie Croyle). He shouldn't still be looking like a rookie out there, but he does with the inconsistency.

Do you know any Qb IN HISTORY that had only 7 career starts into his 3rd season that hasn't had ups and downs in that short period of playing history?

still waiting................................................:snore:

Heyer looks ok at best, maybe in the long run he becomes a guy who produces but at this point, I hope he doesn't see the field during the regular season.

As others have mentioned, Janson looks old out there.

Campbell showed some flashes but was a bit inconsistent, though you can't fully blame him for the porous o-line play.

I didn't see any pass rush from the ends, as usual, but the run defense looked good, with Golston and Montgomery making some plays.

I wonder, how did you feel about our season after [Osaka]

Valid point.

I think we all just wanted to see something significant that proved the offense was going to be much better than last year. We didn't get that.

Thumbs up for the defense, though.

Looks to me like everything was fixable. I liked what I saw from JC. Good accuracy. I'm not worried about the fumbles because Buges is gonna get on the line errors, toot-sweet! :laugh:

I'm not discouraged at all. Looking better than last year.

Fletcher + McIntosh = 11 first half tackles. That's a pronounced improvement over that part of our defense from last season. I hope they keep it up. London was awesome and is setting an early example. Landry made sure the Titans knew he was on the field too. Smoot and Rogers were mediocre.

Betts looked good in his short appearance. Moss is simply amazing. Randle El held his own just fine. When the o-line held up, Campbell was accurate and poised. When they didn't, he was horrid.

Defense: A-

Offense: C-

Do you know any Qb IN HISTORY that had only 8 career starts into his 2nd season that hasn't had ups and downs in that short period of playing history?

Are you people even Redskins fans? This is Campbell's third year. Not second. He has gone through 3 training camps.

Look. I am not expecting to be perfect. But it would have been nice to see some noticeable improvement that people kept saying. He looked like the JC of last year.

I'll try to use an analogy to make my point clear.

What have we been ragging on Tony Romo sits to pee on? We've been saying that he was out in Hollywood all off-season and not watching film and working. We contrasted that and bragged on our guy by saying what we heard about how JC was working harder than any football player in the history of the NFL has worked in the offseason. Now look at this game and look at Romo sits to pee's game. Who was sharper? Who looked like someone who worked all off-season? Not Jason. He looked like he did last year. Except now he is fumbling. But same mix of 1 great pass, 2 not. Where is this improvement? What did all the work do?

Ok so he is suposse to block a defensive end and DB at the same time.

We didnt have an extra man blocking. All of Campbells fumbles reminded me of the Spurrier era.

4-5 men going out to catch passes and no one blocking.

When the defense sends 6-7 men blitzing when you only have 5 men blocking someone is going to get through.

you need to watch the play again. The DE stunted inside and Heyer followed him when he should have blocked out to pick up the CB. Wade blocked the DE on the stunt. It was rookie mistake.

Fletcher + McIntosh = 11 first half tackles. That's a pronounced improvement over that part of our defense from last season. I hope they keep it up. London was awesome and is setting an early example. Landry made sure the Titans knew he was on the field too. Smoot and Rogers were mediocre.

Betts looked good in his short appearance. Moss is simply amazing. Randle El held his own just fine. When the o-line held up, Campbell was accurate and poised. When they didn't, he was horrid.

Defense: A-

Offense: C-

What happened to all the defensive haters on here? I guess they don't wanna hear that " I told you so " speech :laugh: :laugh:

Archived