Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Halftime review -- Woe is Jansen.

Art

you need to watch the play again. The DE stunted inside and Heyer followed him when he should have blocked out to pick up the CB. Wade blocked the DE on the stunt. It was rookie mistake.

Dont we run a man blocking scheme? Not zone? he stuck with his man.

Eitherway Heyes has looked good!

What happened to all the defensive haters on here? I guess they don't wanna hear that " I told you so " speech :laugh: :laugh:

I knew our defense would be good this year im confident.

Hopefully when Clinton comes back and our oline is back together we can get things started again.

Hes held a clip board long enough.

has been around long enough.

He is no rookie period!

And in all that time never saw live fire until the last 7 games last year.

There is a difference between watching from the sidelines and actually going out there when the bullets are flying.

Why not wait till he at least has 16 starts under his belt before we start the "Run Campbell out of town" Campaign?

I've read a few posts on here that make my head spin...Questioning the decision to extend Jansen because he had a poor showing tonight. If they hadn't extended him, these same folks probably would have been talking about how inept the front office is.

Campbell...he probably should have been 9-14 with 150 yards, but for the drops. He had zero time on most throws. The ones where he did have time, he delivered relatively good passes. Even Manning overthrows a receiver every now and then. The fact that he made a poor pass or two doesn't indicate that he has not progressed.

Heyer giving up a sack...unless you can draw up the play that was run along with the blocking scheme, don't begin to blame Heyer for that one. You have no idea who he was supposed to block on that play, and there was no one in the backfield to pick up a blitzing defender. In pass blocking, you are taught to block the guy who is closest to the quarterback...idea being that the guy further away will take longer to get there, thus giving the QB time to get the ball away. Also, there should be someone in the backfield to at least chip that blitzer. Can't block 6 with 5.

How about the positives? Defense looked pretty good, defeding a short field almost the whole first half. It wasn't the porous run defense from last year. Campbell is making good decisions, he isn't making the mental errors he did last year. Landry looked pretty good on that blitz, and even though it wasn't a sack, I'm sure Collins was thinking after that. McIntosh looked like the real deal. All of you Chicken Little's need to calm down and wait to see the progression through the 4 pre-season games.

Its fixed buddy :D

Do you know any Qb IN HISTORY that had only 7 career starts into his 3rd season that hasn't had ups and downs in that short period of playing history?

still waiting................................................:snore:

Look. I am not expecting to be perfect. But it would have been nice to see some noticeable improvement that people kept saying. He looked like the JC of last year.

I'll try to use an analogy to make my point clear.

What have we been ragging on Tony Romo sits to pee on? We've been saying that he was out in Hollywood all off-season and not watching film and working. We contrasted that and bragged on our guy by saying what we heard about how JC was working harder than any football player in the history of the NFL has worked in the offseason. Now look at this game and look at Romo sits to pee's game. Who was sharper? Who looked like someone who worked all off-season? Not Jason. He looked like he did last year. Except now he is fumbling. But same mix of 1 great pass, 2 not. Where is this improvement? What did all the work do?

Ok you didn't answer my question, can you name a qb that has only 7 career starts going into his 3rd yr that hasn't had some ups and downs, IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL!???

Still waiting................................:snore:

how many years does Romo sits to pee have in the league? compared to J.C.

nice try but thats really comparing apples and oranges imho.

Now if you can answer my question, then your statements may be a lil more credible until then its just a bunch of :pooh: coming out of your mouth :laugh:

And in all that time never saw live fire until the last 7 games last year.

There is a difference between watching from the sidelines and actually going out there when the bullets are flying.

Why not wait till he at least has 16 starts under his belt before we start the "Run Campbell out of town" Campaign?

I'm not running him out of town I just want to see more.

Hell Brunnell isnt much better.

He is our guy we have to stick to him till the end of the season.

What happened to all the defensive haters on here? I guess they don't wanna hear that " I told you so " speech :laugh: :laugh:

The defense looked good but Kerry Collins isn't what he once was. We need to see the first string go against the first string, including the QB, to get a better idea about them.

Having said that, Fletcher looked good and having the punter get a strip was something you don't see very often.

TheFan

I think Campbell holds the ball a little too long sometimes waiting for the guys to get open instead of anticipating and throwing to the spot. I like the fact that he doesn't get happy feet in the pocket and keeps his eyes downfield. If he can get the ball out a little quicker he will be so much better.

The defense looked good but Kerry Collins isn't what he once was. We need to see the first string go against the first string, including the QB, to get a better idea about them.

Having said that, Fletcher looked good and having the punter get a strip was something you don't see very often.

TheFan

If you read the stuff that haters have said about the D this offseason, you would think that Kerry Kollins would look like an All-Pro qb against us.

I guess its safer for them to stay a lil quieter now :laugh: Let the back pedaling(by the pessimist) about our D begin :cheers:

Listen, I'm not going to put a fork in the season or anything remotely close to that right now. It's the first pre-season game. I was mostly concerned about our defense coming into this season. Well, it looks like we are not going to have to go through a year like we did last year on the defensive side of the ball.

However, I can not and will not stick my head in the sand about the fact that this team has exactly ZERO points with 7 mintues remaining in the 4th quarter.

When we're being told that the offense is much improved and the O-Line may be the teams biggest strength.... zero points, no running game, and QB's running for their lives aren't something I can ignore.

I will always look for positives and my cup is half full. But, just because my cup is half full doesn't mean I'm going to forget about the empty space in the cup either.

With his ability, I expect more out of him. He has the tools. He was given a season and a half to sit on the bench and learn (unlike Alex Smith, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler; and this year Tavaris Jackson, Brodie Croyle). He shouldn't still be looking like a rookie out there, but he does with the inconsistency.

Do you know any Qb IN HISTORY that had only 7 career starts into his 3rd season that hasn't had ups and downs in that short period of playing history?

still waiting................................................:snore:

Look. I am not expecting to be perfect. But it would have been nice to see some noticeable improvement that people kept saying. He looked like the JC of last year.

I'll try to use an analogy to make my point clear.

What have we been ragging on Tony Romo sits to pee on? We've been saying that he was out in Hollywood all off-season and not watching film and working. We contrasted that and bragged on our guy by saying what we heard about how JC was working harder than any football player in the history of the NFL has worked in the offseason. Now look at this game and look at Romo sits to pee's game. Who was sharper? Who looked like someone who worked all off-season? Not Jason. He looked like he did last year. Except now he is fumbling. But same mix of 1 great pass, 2 not. Where is this improvement? What did all the work do?

Ok you didn't answer my question?? CAN YOU name a qb that has only 7 career starts going into his 3rd yr that hasn't had some ups and downs, IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL!???

Still waiting................................:snore:

How many years does Romo sits to pee have in the league?

Compared to J.C.

nice try but thats really comparing apples and oranges imho.

Now if you can answer my question, then your statements may be a lil more credible until then its just a bunch of :pooh: coming out of your mouth

I guess I better not hold my breath :applause: :applause: :laugh: :laugh:

I think the O-Line has been the most disappointing, Jansen must not not be 100% otherwise there is no reason to get manhandled by Odom like that.

The D-Line on the other hand looked awesome, they got pressure, stopped the run, London Fletcher was all over the field he is definitely worth the money. Landry got a nice hit on Collins overall the Defensive units have looked good

Suisham worries me that Kick-off and the missed FG do not bode well, on the other hand I want to express my admiration for Frost, what a hit.

JC looked good, despite the two fumbles (Jansen) if ARE, Espy and McAtlee could hang on to some passes we might have had a couple of scoring opportunities

almost no work for Betts, Cartwright was decent

Archived