Extremeskins

Vick found not guilty: Hypothetical

Siven

Whos better? (Prime)  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Whos better? (Prime)

• Lavar Arrington
    • Marcus Washington

I doubt there would be much of an extended uproar personally although, probably some initial backlash is not out of the relm of possibility either. I say this solely because of the indictment which is very damning obviously. Dog fighting is one thing, but torturing and killing them for sheer entertainment - that's sickening.

Again, I can't believe Mike would be so stupid as to engage in any activity, especially one as heinous as he is alleged to have partaken, that would threaten his career, livelihood and quite possibly his very freedom for some time.

Him getting off would not surprise me, OJ brutally murdered 2 people and walked. Vick killed dogs (my opinion is lock him up) but, a la de da jury of his peers will let him off. Really a sad opinion of our justice system

What I think is sad about our justice system is that OJ was found not guilty, yet was allowed to be prosecuted in a civil trial.

If the prosecution cannot prove their case, then so be it. But, I cannot see how any person can be found not guilty of a crime, but then held financially responsible for it.

Whether OJ did it or not isn't the issue, the bottom line is that the prosecution made a bunch of mistakes in their case and if I was a juror, I would have found him not guilty as well... :2cents:

Him getting off would not surprise me, OJ brutally murdered 2 people and walked. Vick killed dogs (my opinion is lock him up) but, a la de da jury of his peers will let him off. Really a sad opinion of our justice system

There's a big difference, pre-crime, between OJ and Michael Vick:

OJ was pretty well universally liked. Vick comes from the Barry Bonds school of surly prickness.

PETA will hound him forever. (No pun intended.)

They're crazy.

But aside from those loonies, I think it would really depend on how he is acquitted. If it comes out that he really didn't do what they say, that he really is squeaky clean, he'll get his life back. I would think if he denounced dog fighting publicly it would go a long way to help people get over it.

If he's acquitted on technicalities or gray areas, people won't be fast to forgive, and you'll end up with an OJ situation.

~Bang

Bang's right. I think there would be three camps. Those who would be outraged and hate him forever, those that would not care, and those that would welcome him back to see more athletic exploits.

I think the latter two groups would be the largest six months after the trial ended.

PETA will hound him forever. (No pun intended.)

They're crazy.

But aside from those loonies, I think it would really depend on how he is acquitted. If it comes out that he really didn't do what they say, that he really is squeaky clean, he'll get his life back. I would think if he denounced dog fighting publicly it would go a long way to help people get over it.

If he's acquitted on technicalities or gray areas, people won't be fast to forgive, and you'll end up with an OJ situation.

~Bang

Bang hits the nail on the head.

At the rate its going though, this is a VERY rhetorical question.

Archived