Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Simeon Rice Released (merged x 4 - stop starting Simeon Rice threads people)

skins84

Who Should The Redskins Play In The Superbowl?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should The Redskins Play In The Superbowl?

• New England
    • Baltimore
    • Indianapolis
    • San Diego

Look at Daniels' sheet http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3323

Now, he has 37 total tackles, 1 int, and 3 sacks in a full season. Rice had 2 sacks and 18 tackles in 8 games. Look at Rice's stats before last year, everybody is qualified to have a bad year...and it wasnt necassarily a bad year, he only played 8 games, he could have turned it around if he played a full season.

thats a pretty good point even in a horrible injury plagued year Rice basically had as many sacks as Daniels did the entire year. I say we do bring him in and let he and Andre get to the QB

If hes got a bum shoulder do we really want to sign him. I do not think the Bucs would give up a player who has been one of the faces of their franchise. It must be pretty bad.

They let Sapp and Lynch walk and they've had good production elsewhere. My problem with him is his salary. We don't want to do anything to disrupt team chemistry by cutting one of our leaders with a big number like Wynn or Daniels to bring in this guy who we "believe" to be a better player. He's going to want starter money, we can't give it to him.

I dunno. Sounds like his price tag is too high. My bet is that he would like to stay in the South so he can play the Bucs twice a year. Look for the Panthers or Saints to call. Falcons need help too since losing Kerney.

I wouldn't mind the depth but I would like to see some youth develop on defensive line.

Everybody in the south is set a DE He is not beating out Julius Peppers, Saints have Will Smith and the Falcons drafted Jamal Anderson. If he wants to start he should come here.

Everybody in the south is set a DE He is not beating out Julius Peppers, Saints have Will Smith and the Falcons drafted Jamal Anderson. If he wants to start he should come here.

Just saw that he failed his physical so no guarantee that he is healthy enough to start here.

They let Sapp and Lynch walk and they've had good production elsewhere. My problem with him is his salary. We don't want to do anything to disrupt team chemistry by cutting one of our leaders with a big number like Wynn or Daniels to bring in this guy who we "believe" to be a better player. He's going to want starter money, we can't give it to him.

we've got 7 mill in cap space, Landry to sign and Cooley to re-sign.

I'm suuuuuure we could fit in him somehow

Where is the link to his failing a physical? I thought I checked them all. What is wrong with him? Is it his shoulder?

We don't need another Barrow, but if the guy still has game left, we should talk to him. He has skills. We have good docs to check him out. I'm up for ANY plan B for our DL.

Maybe Danny should roll up in a yellow cab instead of Redskins 1 before he starts talking money. A player looks at Vinny, and he sees a rack of ribs and starts drooling. Then he looks at Snyder, and the $$ start rolling around in his eyes..

He doesn't fit what we're doing here. He's selfish and only cares about sacks, the antithesis of our defensive scheme.

We have some great chemistry going with Daniels, Wynn, etc. Rice will only play 3rd downs, and it's highly likely that he won't even be productive. Is it worth cutting a team-player like Wynn for 4 or 5 more sacks over the course of a SIXTEEN game season?

The answer is no.

I remember saying something a few months back about tampa releasing simeon rice, because they had to relieve cap sapce and i remember saying we need to sign this guy, seriously... nothing big, but he is better than what he have to work with.. until we can get some more youngre guys in the draft ya know..

I think it'd be a good signing. AS long as we don't pay too much.

Well, I think the organization has been hoping a good DE would become available, but not Simeon Rice or some other older pass rusher. Per the scheme, we'd like someone who can (1) stop the run, and (2) rush the passer, IN THAT ORDER. Rice is not the guy for that job.

What good is a pass-rusher if you can't stop the run to set up third and long? Did you see Tiki in the last game of the season?

He meant '05.

He had 15, 12, and 14 sacks four, three, and two years ago, respectively. That's pretty good and more recent than five years ago.

Just sayin. ;)

Looks like he can produce if healthy, question is...is he healthy?

Just sayin...or something.

Archived