Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Simeon Rice Released (merged x 4 - stop starting Simeon Rice threads people)

skins84

Who Should The Redskins Play In The Superbowl?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should The Redskins Play In The Superbowl?

• New England
    • Baltimore
    • Indianapolis
    • San Diego

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7064530?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

refused to take a pay cut.....nothing about physical!

http://www.tampabaybucs.com/

Jul 26, 2007 -

At the end of a busy first day of training camp, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have made one more very noteworthy roster move.

Shortly before 7:00 p.m., the Buccaneers announced that veteran defensive end Simeon Rice has been terminated/failed physical.

The move comes before Rice was to begin his seventh season with Tampa Bay. Most of his 2006 campaign was lost to a shoulder injury that limited him to eight games and severely affected his production before he went on injured reserve.

General Manager Bruce Allen is scheduled to address the media from the team’s training camp headquarters at the Celebration Hotel at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday night. Allen will discuss the Rice termination in addition to other topics.

In his six seasons as a Buccaneer, Rice tallied 69.5 sacks, third most in team history. He had at least 11 sacks in each of his first five seasons in Tampa. Including his five years with the Arizona Cardinals, who drafted him third overall in 1996, Rice has career totals that include 584 tackles, 121 sacks and 37 forced fumbles.

Nothing about a paycut......

he's too old i think, he reminds me of Bruce Smith like Torresa said. He only played in 8 games last year and only had 2 sacks. And really who would he start over? The only way i would want him is if he would be willing to be a number 3 DE and if he agreed to sign for little, whihc i really doubt he is willing to do. I really hope Snyder and Gibbs have learned from the past.

he's too old i think, he reminds me of Bruce Smith like Torresa said. He only played in 8 games last year and only had 2 sacks. And really who would he start over? The only way i would want him is if he would be willing to be a number 3 DE and if he agreed to sign for little, whihc i really doubt he is willing to do. I really hope Snyder and Gibbs have learned from the past.

Carter could move to the other side and Rice could take his spot.

Rice >>>>> Carter

Rice >>>>>>> Daniels (who is guaranteed to be hurt half the season anyways)

Archived