Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How prepared are we if JC were to go down with a season ending injury?

bbuzz1962

i say pickup culpepper and drop brunell i mean younger,alot mobiler,and he says that his knee is 100% fine though its probably 80%

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

please no brunell, cant we just cut our ties with this guy. i cant go on anymore watching him stink the place up. i have no clue why anyone that likes the washington redskins would actually like this guy, he has done nothing for us, since he got here.
:doh: :rolleyes:
I cannot wait for the day when both Gibbs and Brunell are gone.
:mad:

I don't even wanna think about that right now but i guess realistically you'd have to. I'm not sure how confident i'd feel with having Brunell in the game. IF this should happen he just might be alright, given he's had some time to rest and he'll be sorta fresh. Then again he could suck as usual and throw the ball off to the sides.

he has done nothing for us, since he got here.

...23 TDs, and a Monday Night win over Dallas is nothing? 04 and 06 weren't good, but please do not forget the 05 season.

Saying he's done nothing for us is just wrong.

1. We don't need to speak about injuries, to often, it seems things are spoken into existance.

2. No way in hell you want Dante Culpepper (or anyone else for that matter who has not been in the system) as the QB, really, he isn't that good and to ask him to take a team and learn this massive playbook and think he will be successful is idiotic.

3. How old was Doug Williams when he took over and led us to the SB (not comparing MB to him at all), there is something to be said about having a capable backup who has proven he can win some games. Our other option is a 35 year old TC who has done nothing but hold a clipboard almost his entire career.

4. MB is an experienced veteran, last year sucked because OUR DEFENSE WAS HORRIBLE and couldn't keep us in games. Look back at the games lost last year and you will see we won games our defense played well, and lost when the played bad, our offense was learing a new offense (which in my opinion was a mistake), oh yeah, and the offense was learning another system (2nd in as many years), no, MB did not play as well as he did in 05', but he is not the reason we were 5-11..

5. Granted, MB is too old now to be the starter, but, he has enough to come in and manage the games, if our running game is as good as it was the latter half of the season, and our defense plays better (not hard to do), it won't matter who the qb is, we will be better.

I for one am glad MB stayed on as a backup, he knows the offense, can mentor JC to be the best qb he can be, and if needed, still has something left to lead the team. More so than our backups. I am yet to be convinced JC is the franchise QB, this year will tell us. I like everything he is capable of doing, but, often times, that doesn not equate to playing well in games. Some of the NFL's greatest projected QB's were all hype and never panned out.

Everyone here blasting MB were the same ones praising him when we were winning games in 05', you know it and I know it. THE ENTIRE TEAM TOOK A HUGE STEP BACKWARDS LAST YEAR, NOT JUST THE QB.

I honestly feel ok with Brunell coming into fill in.. If JC goes down in the first week (heaven for bid) then no we're screwed.. If it's just a week or two then Brunell can handle it.

If it's ten weeks, Brunell might could do it. His only problem is his aging body. The team's problem is that Gibbs won't take Brunell out when he's hurt. This one's on Gibbs to me... If you keep Glass Joe healthy, two years ago he's an awfully good, playoff-calibre QB.

1. We don't need to speak about injuries, to often, it seems things are spoken into existance.

2. No way in hell you want Dante Culpepper (or anyone else for that matter who has not been in the system) as the QB, really, he isn't that good and to ask him to take a team and learn this massive playbook and think he will be successful is idiotic.

3. How old was Doug Williams when he took over and led us to the SB (not comparing MB to him at all), there is something to be said about having a capable backup who has proven he can win some games. Our other option is a 35 year old TC who has done nothing but hold a clipboard almost his entire career.

4. MB is an experienced veteran, last year sucked because OUR DEFENSE WAS HORRIBLE and couldn't keep us in games. Look back at the games lost last year and you will see we won games our defense played well, and lost when the played bad, our offense was learing a new offense (which in my opinion was a mistake), oh yeah, and the offense was learning another system (2nd in as many years), no, MB did not play as well as he did in 05', but he is not the reason we were 5-11..

5. Granted, MB is too old now to be the starter, but, he has enough to come in and manage the games, if our running game is as good as it was the latter half of the season, and our defense plays better (not hard to do), it won't matter who the qb is, we will be better.

I for one am glad MB stayed on as a backup, he knows the offense, can mentor JC to be the best qb he can be, and if needed, still has something left to lead the team. More so than our backups. I am yet to be convinced JC is the franchise QB, this year will tell us. I like everything he is capable of doing, but, often times, that doesn not equate to playing well in games. Some of the NFL's greatest projected QB's were all hype and never panned out.

Everyone here blasting MB were the same ones praising him when we were winning games in 05', you know it and I know it. THE ENTIRE TEAM TOOK A HUGE STEP BACKWARDS LAST YEAR, NOT JUST THE QB.

:applause:

I actually think we are in BETTER condition at the #2 QB spot than most teams. It's even conceivable (given JC's lack of experience) that Brunell could give us a boost if he were to come in late in the season.

There are a lot of Brunell haters here, but don't count me in as one of them. What he lacks in mobility and arm strength (which might not be so bad after the time off he's had), he posseses in experience, vet savvy, and leadership. Mark is still a darned good field general which is more than we can say for a LOT of NFL back-up QBs.

remember how our season was in the tank the moment portis went down in the first preseason game...well QB this years RB for this team...starter goes down...we are either done...or about to witness the kurt warner-like emergence of bramlet/palmer or rebirth of Brunell.

You know, when I started this thread, I expected some feedback, and you guys really lit this up for me! The only reason I started it was because I had just discussed the Carson Palmer incident, and how that ruined the Bengals playoff hopes. One man, and a season lost. Where has this league gone? I had previously thought no one man was worth the millions they were paid.

After reading many of your posts, I am now a believer. To think an entire season could be lost because of one injury is just mind boggling. But is now reality. Thanks for all your thoughts on this thread. Well, most of yours anyway. HTTR!!

Why is it that people will say the Redskins are dead if something happens to Jason Campbell but the subject of Manning getting hurt doesn't ever come up when people are discussing the Colts? I mean, the Colts season would be flat out OVER if something happens to Peyton Manning and yet nobody even gives it a second thought.

Actually I think the Skins defensive and our running game keep us in far more games than the Colts defense and running game. If both teams QB went down, we would have a better record than the Colts? Fact is I don't think most of you even know who the Colts backup is.

Brunell would probably be fine if he had to come in and play from the 13th game and through the playoffs. I'd be worried if Campbell went down in week 2 though. Brunell is probably one of the 2-3 best backups in the league. He's very good without all the little dings that he gets after a season of starting.

I noticed that someone brought up New Englands QB situation. #1 Brady, #2 Cassel, and #3 Testaverde.

I just don't understand why we can't do a similar thing by putting our depth at QB as follows: #1 Campbell, #2 Bramlet, then Brunell at #3. I know Brunell would be probably the highest paid #3, but so what.

Then we could put Palmer on the PS, and he could take over #3 next year.

I noticed that someone brought up New Englands QB situation. #1 Brady, #2 Cassel, and #3 Testaverde.

I just don't understand why we can't do a similar thing by putting our depth at QB as follows: #1 Campbell, #2 Bramlet, then Brunell at #3. I know Brunell would be probably the highest paid #3, but so what.

Then we could put Palmer on the PS, and he could take over #3 next year.

There you go.

I would prefer Casey to be number two....unless JC went down near the end of the season, and we were headed to the playoffs. In that case, put Mark in and give him a shot for a game.

But if we are on the way to 5-11, and JC goes down in week 8.......bring in Casey.

There you go.

I would prefer Casey to be number two....unless JC went down near the end of the season, and we were headed to the playoffs. In that case, put Mark in and give him a shot for a game.

But if we are on the way to 5-11, and JC goes down in week 8.......bring in Casey.

Casey Bramlet has never taken a snap or been on an active roster in the NFL...he has not earned the #2 spot or even the #3 spot if JC went down Marks playing...We have a solid run game he would just need to manage....The whole brining in Bramlet if we are on the way to 5-11 and JC gets hurt thing, makes it sound like ur saying Bramlet is our QB of the future.

Archived