Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How prepared are we if JC were to go down with a season ending injury?

bbuzz1962

I hate to bring this topic up, but I just can't help it. I am concerned about the quarterback backup situation if we were to have a serious season ending injury to JC. I just don't think Brunell is up to it. Maybe a few games if we need him, but not the completion of a season, especially if the playoffs are a possibility.

I certainly don't think Todd Collins is capable, so, if Culpepper was a possibility, should we go for it? I think he would fit in the system, and acting as his own agent, would probably sign pretty cheap if he doesn't get any starting offers elsewhere.

Any other suggestions? Should we just keep our fingers crossed and hope nothing happens? Man I hate that idea. Anyway, just looking for some insurance possibilities out there.

If JC goes down with 2 games left.....and we are in playoff contention, then bring in Mark.

If he goes down in the middle of the season, and we are looking at another 5-11, then bring in Casey.

Any snap taken by Mark is just a waste in the long run. We have to develop the younger guys.

That's obviously how the front office and coaching staff see it.

No, MB is clearly the number 2 backup. Training camp will decide number three. I am guessing Palmer will be a practice squad player unless he really shows something.

My point was the team does have a plan and there is no reason to ponder injuries. Injuries are a part of the NFL and will happen regardless of whether we ponder it or not.

The Eagles made the playoffs last season because they signed Jeff Garcia. Who? That's what I thought. But low and behold, he takes over the team, and makes the playoffs. You cannot just ignore the injury possibilities, and just say that it happens.

The best teams prepare for it, and have an answer for it. It's easy to say, well, if we hadn't had that injury, who knows what would have happened this season.

The NFL is too competitive now to not have a good backup that can run the offense effectively, and into the playoffs if necessary.

If a quarterback becomes available, and we have the room, or can make a trade, it must be done. Again, it is just too important a position. I would do what it takes to get a high quality backup.

If this situation plays out, let's hope Brunell also goes down and Bramlet is our 3rd stringer

Damn straight! Way to think. :wavetowel

Im just surprised that no one replied to the thread's comment on Culpepper. Come on man, why would we bring in another broken vet? :handicap:

Screw bad karma and jinxes...it's viable and something I'm sure coaches prepare for. Of course you don't want to see it happen, no Redskins fan or anyone in the organization anyway does..save the back up and I'm sure even he doesn't want to see a teammate get hurt.... But your #2 guy always has to prepare as if he were the starter as much as possible because he's next in line.

This is football, injuries are part of the game..and I'm not too sold on the QB position and it's dept either. I think Jason has what you want in a starter but at the same time is somewhat unknown other than the last portion of last season.

I'd think Brunell would be the next guy, then possibly Bramlett

We had a perfect storm of drowning of offense and defense last year. Both made the

Skin Ship go down.

If we improve the O it helps the D. If we improve the D it helps the O.

Brunell was the cap'n when we went to the playoffs with a much better D.

It could happen again if it has to if JC goes down ...

Archived