Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Kobayashi goes down to Chestnut

jbooma

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2925803

NEW YORK -- Joey Chestnut won the Nathan's Famous hot dog eating contest, edging six-time champion Takeru Kobayashi 66-63 as both men smashed the event and world records in the process.

Kobayashi, who was said to be suffering from jaw soreness, came from six dogs back early to close the gap with a few minutes to go.

But Chestnut, who set a blistering place early, held on and brought the mustard yellow championship belt back to the U.S.

Kobayashi held the previous event record of 59½ hot dogs and buns in 12 minutes.

Sorry. It's hotdog eating. Nothing serious. If it makes you feel better I cheered for the US in the WBC and every other event.

Kobe fought through a jaw injury... I cheered for him due to his unquestionable toughness and the fact that Chestnut is a douchebag.

mods... give this guy a Benedict Arnold avatar, wouldya? Cheering for a Japanese guy, on the 4th of July of all times. :mad:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

how can you not like Kobe, heck I was rooting for that Willis Reed moment here :silly:

p.s.

The above post sort of explains why I get mad when Dr. Z rips Daniel Snyder.

why do you care, do you think Synder does and does he care if you got critized, don't think so

when people scream about how it isn't fair that the rich get this or that, yet they seem to love it when they own their favorite team, pretty interesting if you ask me :)

I was rooting for kobayashi too. He's among the smallest competitors and he has ruled for 6 years. Now he has competition in Chestnut. This rivalry is what competitive eating needs to become a legit competition...................maybe not, but it's fun to watch.

I almost lost it when the announcer said "This is the greatest moment in American sports history" :laugh: :laugh: :doh:
:doh: :doh: Wow, so one guy can eat faster than the other guy. :bfd: I prefer a real sport, like pro wrestling (hell, better than this crap).

Archived