Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Select 7-Elevens Become Simpsons 'Kwik-E-Marts'

Switchgear

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=267510&GT1=7703

The Associated Press

DALLAS -- Over the weekend, 7-Eleven Inc. turned a dozen stores into Kwik-E-Marts, the fictional convenience stores of "The Simpsons" fame, in the latest example of marketers making life imitate art.

Those stores and most of the 6,000-plus other 7-Elevens in North America will sell items that until now existed only on television: Buzz Cola, KrustyO's cereal and Squishees, the slushy drink knockoff of Slurpees.

The U.S. locations where a 7-Eleven store was transformed into a Kwik-E-Mart are New York City; Chicago; Dallas; Denver; Burbank, Calif.; Los Angeles; Henderson, Nev.; Orlando, Fla.; Mountain View, Calif.; Seattle; and Bladensburg, Md.

-----------

Sounds like I need to make a trip up to Bladensburg.

No Duff, sadly. I think that is a mistake, but in the article they say that since the movie is PG-13 (and this is just a movie promotion) they thought it would be inappropriate.

Oh, and Candace, if you find it, pictures and directions would be appreciated. My wife and I are big Simpsons fans. It would definitely be worth making the trip hour and a half trip for us.

it said it was only 12 locations. Unfortunately, no Duff which is a complete rip. That would totally sell in record numbers. They said that since the movie was PG-13, they wanted to keep the fun clean or something.

Edit: if someone can post other pictures, please do!

Wow. If I were a regular shopper at 7-Eleven and found one of them involved in this ridiculous thing, I think I'd go down the road to Cumberland Farms instead. Then again I'm one of those people who thinks The Simpsons is not exactly the best thing our society has ever come up with on a number of levels.

Where the F is Bladensburg?

That sounds like a long drive from Richmond.

I'd do it though...what an amazing promotion.

It's just outside of DC (to the east, in a not so great part of PG county). Go to maps.google.com and enter Bladensburg, md. That'll give you a rough idea, though where the actual store is I'm not sure. If the location hasn't been posted by next weekend I'll drive up there myself and find it.

Edit: The story is on WTOP's website, they have the store's address (4199 Kenilworth Ave.) and some pictures.

83005.jpg

This is only a 10 minute drive for me now ...

Its on Kennilworth Avenue right by 202. It's not the best neighborhood, but it's safe during daylight.

I went home on my lunch break and read the Washington Post ... looky at what I found!!!

Crap .... Basically the article is saying that this is what the 7-11 could look like ... that they're putting Krusty O's, Sprinklicious doughnuts, Radioactive Man Comic Books and a new Slurpee (WooHoo! Blue Vanilla Squishee Slurpee) in stores.

It's in the Metro section of today's Washington Post.

Its near DC and apparently makes a ton of money.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: To anybody afraid to go into Bladensburg...

I am not afraid to go, just seems like an odd choice for one of only 12 in the country. I would think if they were going to put one around DC, they would go with a location in the city. Ah hell, what do I know.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: To anybody afraid to go into Bladensburg...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am not afraid to go, just seems like an odd choice for one of only 12 in the country. I would think if they were going to put one around DC, they would go with a location in the city. Ah hell, what do I know.

Yeah, it is a wierd choice. You'd think a location in the city would be better, but who knows? :whoknows:

Wow. If I were a regular shopper at 7-Eleven and found one of them involved in this ridiculous thing, I think I'd go down the road to Cumberland Farms instead. Then again I'm one of those people who thinks The Simpsons is not exactly the best thing our society has ever come up with on a number of levels.

Be quiet Mo.

Archived