Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do GatorSkins still exist?

Jino

Remember when Spurrier's hiring brought along a influx of Florida fans who we simply termed "GatorSkins?" Are they still around or did they leave with Spurrier? I wonder if the 'Skins are still a presence in the Gainesville area. If they do exist, how many of you are out there? Anyone live in that area, I welcome your thoughts.

I post this because many UF fans just simply rooted for their Gators. When Spurrier came along, it was as if they inherited another team in the 'Skins. Now once you start rooting for a team, there's no going back. The ties with the team only get stronger. Am I making a correct assumption?

They're mostly all gone. The majority, like AmsterdamGator, were unbelievably ignorant when it came to pro football. He was ripping on everybody after the Osaka preseason game for doubting Danny Wuerffel (His infamous "Defend these Quotes" thread), but dropped off the map somewhere around the time SOS started flapping his lips during the Philly game.

I hope not. Let the Spurrier fans support the Game****s.

GatorSkins are like stepchildren whose original father left them to their new mom and went off with another woman.

I also empathize with them and want to thank them for their support.

Remember when Spurrier's hiring brought along a influx of Florida fans who we simply termed "GatorSkins?" Are they still around or did they leave with Spurrier? I wonder if the 'Skins are still a presence in the Gainesville area. If they do exist, how many of you are out there? Anyone live in that area, I welcome your thoughts.

I post this because many UF fans just simply rooted for their Gators. When Spurrier came along, it was as if they inherited another team in the 'Skins. Now once you start rooting for a team, there's no going back. The ties with the team only get stronger. Am I making a correct assumption?

I believe they're all selling used cars somewhere in the Tampa area now. Yeah, it's full of guys Spurrier thought could play at the NFL level, but in reality should've been sent right to the lot :D

I believe they're all selling used cars somewhere in the Tampa area now.

Whatever happened to Chris Doering and Jaquez Green. Actually, Doering was a decent possession receiver.

Whatever happened to Chris Doering and Jaquez Green. Actually, Doering was a decent possession receiver.

Don't forget Reidel Anthony and Willie Jenkins (or something). I remember watching a replay of the SEC Title Game in the mid 90s between Florida and Alabama, Reidel Anthony was tearing it up, and Danny Wuerffel was pulling plays left and right. Jaquez Green was in it too. It was funny to watch since they all sucked in the NFL.

Doering actually went on to play with the Steelers, though he's not there anymore. I'm actually surprised noone picked up Quezzie as a return guy.

man do I hate the gators...thank God that time in my life is over....

Now we have Miami players...but I can deal with that definitely bc I love Portis, Taylor McIntosh and Moss

Ateast we did not go after the likes of Ward or Henderson. When was the last time the Noles won Football and Basketball Championships in the same year? Gator Fan.

There are no more GatorSkins, we have upgraded to SkinCanes since Gibbs took the helm. How many of the original Jetskins are still onboard?

Randy Thomas is the only one.

Coles and Hall both had one good year and then injuries got them. Morton's numbers didn't look too bad but he was bad. I have never seen so many punts hit the ground and roll (well maybe Derrick Frost's two years ago).

speaking of gators, I remember watching an old Florida bowl game on ESPN classic a while back and the Announcer went on a solid 2 minute rant about Danny Wuerfell's "Rocket Arm." It's just one of those things that immediatley goes into the top 5 of funniest things I've ever heard. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived