Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

List a stupid comment you've made

IrepDC

This thread is for those people who disagree with all the recent uproar about Portis and Samuel's interview. To show that you understand that Clinton Portis is a human and sometimes we say things without thinking, write about a time you said something stupid or without thinking.....

Does your post qualify as one?

Why are people on this board so hostile all of the time to fellow Skins fans?

IrepDC was merely trying to point out that all of us have said something in the heat of the moment that looking back on it, wasn't probably the smartest thing to say. Yes it is different because we are not pro athletes making millions with the cameras on, but the essential idea remains the same.

Portis didn't exactly get to explain what he meant; not that dog-fighting is good, but its not as bad as many many other things that go on off the field in the NFL and in society in general.

Ok, I'll bite.

When we traded Ramsey to the jets, I was irate that we got a 6th rounder for him, and said that he was worth a 3rd rounder. :doh: I have no idea what the hell I was thinking. I'd like to blame tasty beer on the lapse of reason.

Portis has nothing on me! :)

:logo:

"Dude with Archuletta back there our secondary is gonna be AMAZING... SB all the way...."

OR

does this make me look fat???

"Yes it does, now hurry up cuz the game is on in 15 minutes fatty"

still havent decided which is worse... but most likely #1.... HTTR :laugh:

My story isn't about me but I think it's a good example...

This past semester we were having a discussion about slavery in my English class. My professor, when speaking about the different areas of slavery, said, "All slave masters weren't that bad, some were kinda cool"

Of course that was a VERY idiotic statement and my teacher did correct herself... but she IS human and sometimes we say some very STUPID things

I think there's a difference between making a prediction that turns out to be wrong, and making a comment about an activity that's illegal and cruel, and saying those things don't matter to you, it should be allowed anyway.

Besides, Portis said he was joking but that it wasn't seen as a joke by the reporting news station, nor did they present the interview that way. If so, maybe a better question to ask everyone is if they've ever joked about something they really shouldn't have lol...

I think there's a difference between making a prediction that turns out to be wrong, and making a comment about an activity that's illegal and cruel, and saying those things don't matter to you, it should be allowed anyway.

Besides, Portis said he was joking but that it wasn't seen as a joke by the reporting news station, nor did they present the interview that way. If so, maybe a better question to ask everyone is if they've ever joked about something they really shouldn't have lol...

asking my wife if she wanted to get married.... :(

When I let the cat out of the bag that I intentionally set our Wedding Date on August 28th so as to not interfere with the opening weekend games...ever!

14 years and running and I have never had to post pone our anniversary dinner...:)

My stupidest comment comes from a few years ago. I was making out with my girlfriend at the time and then right after, looking her in the eye and telling her she kind of looked like my sister. Needless to say, I know how Portis is probably feeling about this comment today.

Wk2 2005 this game is over. Boy was I glad to feel dumb.

:laugh: I was on the phone with a Jets fan...and it was 4th qtr, I told him that I was changing the channel (I never did), but he said that we have a chance, and I denied it, and then after the first Moss catch, I knew it was still a game.

My stupidest comment comes from a few years ago. I was making out with my girlfriend at the time and then right after, looking her in the eye and telling her she kind of looked like my sister. Needless to say, I know how Portis is probably feeling about this comment today.

:laugh: That WAS a stupid comment :laugh:

Archived