Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

XBOX 360 vs. PS3

willmb5

i love sports games especially madden, nba live, baseball games, tiger woods, boxing....pretty much all sports

i also like some role player type games and shoot em up games like half life, halo,

etc

and no, not a big fan of guitar hero

just my opinion games such as Madden, Tiger, and every other sports game, are basically asll the same on every system, with just little differences. So might as well get the cheaper system to play the same games. And as someone said Halo will only be on the 360. I am not really into Roll player types but Final Fantasy has been traditionally a PS game all though there is rumor it will head to the 360.

I don't think you'll see much difference in the 2 systems in the games that is ported to both systems. So you have to look at which system has exclusive games that the other one doesn't have, and decide which one u wannna play more.

Get a 360 so I can whoop you in Tiger...

I'll take you on!!!!

I owned a PS1 and PS2 and was highly anticipating the PS3 until I saw the pricetag so I went with a 360. Not disappointed at all. Plus with Forza 2, Mass Effect, GTA 4, NASCAR 08, and Mercs 2 coming out this year, I'll have more than enough games to play.

I think if you want to have a high def movie player, the PS3 is the way to go. There doesn't seem to me a big difference in games, IMO.

Really, I don't think you'd lose with either.

Thats the selling point and it is still cheaper than the PS3.

And you can choose whether or not to buy the HD-DVD and you still have live which is far superior to PS online.

Oh...more games.

What, besides the 120 gig HD and being black, does the Elite have to offer?

The only other addition is the HDMI out for digital 1080p support.

They released elite a week or 2 ago and Microsoft has already assured the loyal consumers that the price of the pro and core consoles will not change. :(

EDIT: It's going to have to lower eventually, but probably not until the holiday season. That'll give the people time to realize that the elite has a lot more for only 80 bucks more and it'll give Microsoft time to realize that the Pro systems aren't selling well and then they'll drop them, but it's not going to be for a while.

Damn - i was banking on a price drop!

I'll take you on!!!!

I think I've only lost once in online play, but that's because it was a 3 hole challenge on tour mode, I didn't realize it until after the first drive, and then it was already too late...

I think I've only lost once in online play, but that's because it was a 3 hole challenge on tour mode, I didn't realize it until after the first drive, and then it was already too late...

I haven't played in a while. never played online so I dunno if I am any good

Here is the major problem with the PS3, they put to much of a gamble on the blueray player. Remember this is the FIRST GENERATION player on this machine. It will take a couple of years to work out the bugs, the problem for those who already bought it or stuck with it since it cost $600 and you are not going to get a new one in a couple of years.

MS is waiting to see what happens with both and will just create an add-on for both players at $200 bucks a pop.

I owned a PS1 and PS2 and was highly anticipating the PS3 until I saw the pricetag so I went with a 360. Not disappointed at all. Plus with Forza 2, Mass Effect, GTA 4, NASCAR 08, and Mercs 2 coming out this year, I'll have more than enough games to play.

I think if you want to have a high def movie player, the PS3 is the way to go. There doesn't seem to me a big difference in games, IMO.

Really, I don't think you'd lose with either.

Have you read this about GTA4? http://ps3.ign.com/articles/785/785344p1.html

360 Hindering GTAIV?

Rockstar says Microsoft's console is limiting the game's progress.

by Daemon Hatfield

May 3, 2007 - Lately we've seen several examples of publishers and developers favoring the Xbox 360 over the PlayStation 3. Some developers have complained that the PS3 is difficult to develop for, and top publishers have been making previously Sony-exclusive games available on Microsoft's console, where the install base is much higher. But one high-profile developer is sticking up for the PS3.

An interview with the UK's Official PlayStation Magazine reveals that Rockstar's creative VP Dan Houser believes the 360 is impairing the development of Grand Theft Auto IV. According to the magazine's online partner, Computer and Videogames, Houser says the lack of a guaranteed hard drive and the smaller storage space of the DVD format is limiting the game's progress. In contrast, all PS3s have a built-in hard drive and the console's Blu-Ray format can hold about five times as much content as DVD.

Houser does admit that of the two consoles, "both have enormous challenges," and "both have their own particular pleasures and pains."

"To be honest with you we haven't solved all those riddles yet," Houser explained.

GTAIV is scheduled to ship simultaneously for the 360 and PS3 on October 17.

Here is the major problem with the PS3, they put to much of a gamble on the blueray player. Remember this is the FIRST GENERATION player on this machine. It will take a couple of years to work out the bugs, the problem for those who already bought it or stuck with it since it cost $600 and you are not going to get a new one in a couple of years.QUOTE]

What are the bugs that you are talking about? My PS3 works flawlessly and everything works just like it should. Line up your so-called bug issues and I'll shoot them down.

Have you read this about GTA4? http://ps3.ign.com/articles/785/785344p1.html

360 Hindering GTAIV?

Rockstar says Microsoft's console is limiting the game's progress.

by Daemon Hatfield

May 3, 2007 - Lately we've seen several examples of publishers and developers favoring the Xbox 360 over the PlayStation 3. Some developers have complained that the PS3 is difficult to develop for, and top publishers have been making previously Sony-exclusive games available on Microsoft's console, where the install base is much higher. But one high-profile developer is sticking up for the PS3.

An interview with the UK's Official PlayStation Magazine reveals that Rockstar's creative VP Dan Houser believes the 360 is impairing the development of Grand Theft Auto IV. According to the magazine's online partner, Computer and Videogames, Houser says the lack of a guaranteed hard drive and the smaller storage space of the DVD format is limiting the game's progress. In contrast, all PS3s have a built-in hard drive and the console's Blu-Ray format can hold about five times as much content as DVD.

Houser does admit that of the two consoles, "both have enormous challenges," and "both have their own particular pleasures and pains."

"To be honest with you we haven't solved all those riddles yet," Houser explained.

GTAIV is scheduled to ship simultaneously for the 360 and PS3 on October 17.

If I were a fanboy, I would also say the the poor sales of the PS3 is going to hinder the development of exclusives for the PS3. You notice that GTA 4 is coming out the same time on the 360 as it is on the PS3.

I want there to be a dead heat between Sony and MS. That way when the PS4 and Xbox 3 comes out, I get the most for my money.

I want there to be a dead heat between Sony and MS. That way when the PS4 and Xbox 3 comes out, I get the most for my money.

Wow some people are looking forward to see What Madden 2008 and maybe 2009 will look like. You are waiting for Madden 2012.

You 360 guys with your add ons are funny as hell. When you add all the add ons it comes out to being about the same price as the PS3.

I traded my 2 year old 360 in for 250 bucks toward my Xbox 360 Elite. I also traded a game i hadnt played since it came out and got 20 bucks for it trade in value. So I paid 210 bucks for a brand new 120 gig harddrive Xbox 360, and i kept my origanal 20 gig hard drive so i have 20 gigs of extra space. The only thing I had to give up was a two year old system that i had to clean the dust out of before, and had started to act up on me a few days before i turned it in... that and a 2 year old crappy video game that i got twenty bucks back for.

Seems to me I have all the hard drive space i need and a brand new system for about 210 dollars. If you say look what I had to give up to get that price, Ill laugh. I didnt give up anything that wasnt ready to be given up. Neither the consol or the game had any value other then trade in value to me. I also got my money's worth out of the origanal system by playing it for two years. Every save, and game i downloaded from the arcade i still have as well on my other hard drive.

I traded my 2 year old 360 in for 250 bucks toward my Xbox 360 Elite. I also traded a game i hadnt played since it came out and got 20 bucks for it trade in value. So I paid 210 bucks for a brand new 120 gig harddrive Xbox 360, and i kept my origanal 20 gig hard drive so i have 20 gigs of extra space. The only thing I had to give up was a two year old system that i had to clean the dust out of before, and had started to act up on me a few days before i turned it in... that and a 2 year old crappy video game that i got twenty bucks back for.

Seems to me I have all the hard drive space i need and a brand new system for about 210 dollars. If you say look what I had to give up to get that price, Ill laugh. I didnt give up anything that wasnt ready to be given up. Neither the consol or the game had any value other then trade in value to me. I also got my money's worth out of the origanal system by playing it for two years. Every save, and game i downloaded from the arcade i still have as well on my other hard drive.

Wow, I think you proved his point about the 360 having hidden expenses. You seriously paid $210 to get a bigger hard drive and a new system (because your old 360 had "started to act up on [you]")!? That is crazy! So you have now paid $610 to own a 360. You could have bought a PS3 for $600 and had Blu Ray and wifi built-in. I bet you are paying $50 a year for Xbox Live as well so you can play online. MS is raping you and you don't even notice! In fact, you seem eager to find new ways to give them your money. $200+ for 120GB of HD space and a black paint job is a HUGE ripoff!

*enter DiscoDave*

DD- the PS3 is the only good system ever built, the 360 is hardly better than a ps2, the 360 sucks, ps3 is awesome, it plays movies real cool like!

*enter pokerpacker*

So yea Nintendo is the God of systems, Twilight Princess is the greatest game ever....and oh yea Mario RPG ROCKED!

;)

It's all about the games, and right now at least, the 360 is kicking the PS3's butt.

Considering the price of a blu ray player, the PS3 is actually a good deal, but I'm not sure how many people want to watch a movie through their gaming system. And to notice any difference via blu-ray, you need to have a kick-ass 1080p TV no smaller than 42 inches.

It's funny. Because of the PS3, Sony will probably win the DVD format war. But because it's still expensive compared to the 360, it may lose the gaming war.

Wow, I think you proved his point about the 360 having hidden expenses. You seriously paid $210 to get a bigger hard drive and a new system (because your old 360 had "started to act up on [you]")!? That is crazy! So you have now paid $610 to own a 360. You could have bought a PS3 for $600 and had Blu Ray and wifi built-in. I bet you are paying $50 a year for Xbox Live as well so you can play online. MS is raping you and you don't even notice! In fact, you seem eager to find new ways to give them your money. $200+ for 120GB of HD space and a black paint job is a HUGE ripoff!

No, you didnt read my post. I bought my origanal 360 two years ago. It has paid itself off and thensome in those two years through gamer experience, the sheer amount of time i spent on it, and it never even actedup until before i bought my new system. How many PS2's did you go through? I even got 250 back on my origanal purchase and put it towards my new 360. But i guess you choose to ignore facts like that to make your point.

The 360 i bought over two years ago had no value to me anymore. I couldnt sell it in the paper used and gotten anything for it. IThe only thing i could do with it was trade it in for store credit. It had zero value otherwise.

SO... I paid 400 bucks two years ago for a brand new system, played the hell out of it for two years straight. I abused the system for two years, playing it in smoke filled rooms, transporting it regularly to other houses, leave it on for days straight, taking it apart to blow dust from it with compressed air, putting it back together, ect... for two years straight. Then i trade it back, pay 210, and I have another BRAND spankin new 360, and a 120 gig hard drive to boot? Yeah, doesnt quite seem to add up to 610 like you claim. What did you think i did with my origanal xbox 360? Never played it and kept it on a shelf??? No, I got my money's worth... Easily got my money's worth. And all that time you were burning through PS2's.

One more thing i forgot to reply to. I won (free giveaway from Microsoft) a year free membership (xboxlive gold membership whatever that means) so I got to try Xbox live out free for my first year. I just paid my subscription for the first time this year, and from the year long free experience i had its well worth it. I can rent movies, sync my xbox up with my computer and put picture slide shows on for the fam and friends and show them in high def on my 54'' big screen. The Guavaween pics were a lot of fun to see all big on the screen. :) I can also hok my Ipod up to my 360 and create playlist's and play my ipod through my surround sound system in my home. Very cool. Any playlist i have made on my ipod, i can use as my game soundtrack. Xbox live, and my 360 have been great investments... not like the couple hundred a pop for a burnt up PS2

You 360 guys with your add ons are funny as hell. When you add all the add ons it comes out to being about the same price as the PS3.

Yea, but what if you're only getting it for videogames, not DVDs. Also, what if BluRay loses the battle of this new type of DVD battle. If I wanted to get a BluRay player, I wouldve picked up the PS3 instead of the 360. If I eventually want one of the new playes, then I can go out and and buy one.

Yea, but what if you're only getting it for videogames, not DVDs. Also, what if BluRay loses the battle of this new type of DVD battle. If I wanted to get a BluRay player, I wouldve picked up the PS3 instead of the 360. If I eventually want one of the new playes, then I can go out and and buy one.

Exactly, and the PS3 uses 360 watts of power, if you thought PS2's burned up quick, I cant wait to see the life of the POS3's after hardcore gamers that play Final Fantasy online and other massive online RPG's get through with it.

Xbox 360 only uses 180 watts of power.

No, you didnt read my post. I bought my origanal 360 two years ago. It has paid itself off and thensome in those two years through gamer experience, the sheer amount of time i spent on it, and it never even actedup until before i bought my new system. How many PS2's did you go through? I even got 250 back on my origanal purchase and put it towards my new 360. But i guess you choose to ignore facts like that to make your point.

The 360 i bought over two years ago had no value to me anymore. I couldnt sell it in the paper used and gotten anything for it. IThe only thing i could do with it was trade it in for store credit. It had zero value otherwise.

SO... I paid 400 bucks two years ago for a brand new system, played the hell out of it for two years straight. I abused the system for two years, playing it in smoke filled rooms, transporting it regularly to other houses, leave it on for days straight, taking it apart to blow dust from it with compressed air, putting it back together, ect... for two years straight. Then i trade it back, pay 210, and I have another BRAND spankin new 360, and a 120 gig hard drive to boot? Yeah, doesnt quite seem to add up to 610 like you claim. What did you think i did with my origanal xbox 360? Never played it and kept it on a shelf??? No, I got my money's worth... Easily got my money's worth. And all that time you were burning through PS2's.

No, I read your post. I think you are the one who is confused here. First of all, I don't know how you can say "I bought my origanal 360 two years ago. It has paid itself off and thensome in those two years" and "The 360 i bought over two years ago" if the Xbox 360 has only been on the market FOR 18 MONTHS!!! So how have you owned one for "over two years"?

Then you say: "Then i trade it back, pay 210, and I have another BRAND spankin new 360, and a 120 gig hard drive to boot? Yeah, doesnt quite seem to add up to 610 like you claim." Um, $400 for your first 360 + $210 for your new one = $610! As I said in my first post, "MS is raping you and you don't even notice!" Sorry to break the news to you man but you have now paid $610 to own a 360 for AT THE MOST a year and a half.

Exactly, and the PS3 uses 360 watts of power, if you thought PS2's burned up quick, I cant wait to see the life of the POS3's after hardcore gamers that play Final Fantasy online and other massive online RPG's get through with it.

Xbox 360 only uses 180 watts of power.

Not true again, the PS3 has a 360 Watt power supply but it doesn't use all 360W even at peak load. In fact it was purposely designed to have a power supply that was more powerful than needed because then it would run more efficiently and cooler than if it was using a weaker PSU that was maxed out at all times. If anything this larger power supply ensures that the PS3 will LAST LONGER than previous consoles. In addition, the vast majority of heat in a console comes from the CPU and GPU, very little is added by the PSU. In reality, the 360 and PS3 consume almost exactly the same amount of energy when idle or under load, there is barely a difference.

Archived