Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

XBOX 360 vs. PS3

willmb5

are the advantages of the x box 360 elite enough to pay the extra for that over the regular x box 360???

Three questions:

1. Do you have (or are you planning to buy) a 1080p HDTV with HDMI inputs?

2. Do you plan on downloading a lot of HD movies and/or TV shows from Xbox Live?

3. Do you absolutely NEED a black 360?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions you should at least consider the Elite. Otherwise, the premium is the way to go.

Note: It also seems like MS has taken some basic steps to make the Elite less vulnerable to the red rings of doom by putting epoxy around the CPU and GPU. However, it is yet to be seen if this change really makes a difference or not.

BTW: Sorry if I jacked your thread! I just get excited about these things.

Three questions:

1. Do you have (or are you planning to buy) a 1080p HDTV with HDMI inputs?

2. Do you plan on downloading a lot of HD movies and/or TV shows from Xbox Live?

3. Do you absolutely NEED a black 360?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions you should at least consider the Elite. Otherwise, the premium is the way to go.

Note: It also seems like MS has taken some basic steps to make the Elite less vulnerable to the red rings of doom by putting epoxy around the CPU and GPU. However, it is yet to be seen if this change really makes a difference or not.

BTW: Sorry if I jacked your thread!

haha na man its good. i found out a lot of stuff i didnt know. sounds like 360 premium might be the way to go for me (being an x box guy anyways), but a kid im livin in a house with next year has a really nice hd tv so i might consider the elite just for that. anyways thanks for the comments

I agree, those games look awesome. However, they also both came out after the 360 had been out for a year. First gen games never look that great. Lets just wait and see what the PS3 games look like this winter. My guess is then they will start to blow the 360 away. However, as I said in my edited post above, the problem with the PS3 is that the game must be built from ground up in order to be fully optomized for the CELL to harness the PS3s true power. Therefore, only PS3 exclusives (and there aren't many left:( ) will really show what the PS3 can do. It is very possible that multiplatform games may look slightly better on the 360 because its GPU is a little more powerful. However, those that learn to utilize the PS3s vastly superior CPU power will get incredible results that just won't be possible on the 360. Also, this year most of the EA games will be developed on PS3 first and then ported to 360 unlike last year when the opposite was the case. I will be interested to see if this results in any noticable difference between their games on PS3 and 360.

I just want to point out that GT is not out yet, and if this is any indication, then it won't come out until December. That's not a 1st gen game (if it is then so is GoW) GT looks likes a great game. Maybe it is superior to Forza. Some like Forza better. If you like GT, buy a PS3. If like liek Forza, buy a 360. If you like Madden, then it doesn't really matter cus they will make one game and port it to each system. Consoles in my opinion are defined by exclusive titles.

It's to bad that that Lancer in the GT4 game is fake. As you can see on the hood, there is trees above it, and directly to the left there is grass and a road. Let alone, why are all the numbers so blurry, but the car is 100% clear?

IB, all of the screen shots you have posted up of the GTHD demo are not even close to being up to par with what it looks like when I play it on a 42" 480i widescreen (not an ideal set up).

This is about the quality I get (albeit, slightly pixelated because of the low resolution):

GTHD.jpg

gthd6.jpg

I will link this for ya will, this breaks down the PS3 and Xbox 360 :)

Of course, it is written by microsoft, but it breaks down the specs of each one :)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p2.html

Dear god, never post anything that obviously slanted again... let alone the fact that it is from E3 2005 (a full year before the PS3 was even released).

The Xbox 360 processor was designed to give game developers the power that they actually need, in an easy to use form. The Cell processor has impressive streaming floating-point power that is of limited use for games.

The Cell is a bit more difficult to program for because of this, but it will straight up destroy conventional processors when it comes to things like physics calculations.

If I wasn't working on this damn project, I'd gladly refute more... but I seriously need to kill this SOB tonight :(

I'vs looked up FM2 vs GTHD before on line. Seems like most results were forums. Most seem to say that GT will visually look better, and that was coming from people on a Forza board. But they also said that that Forza feels better and is more realistic, whatever that means. I'll probably buy Forza but I'm really not the biggest racing fan.

EA, please tell me the mountains in the game actually look 3d instead of flat like in that picture :)

Ummmm... you really expect them to physically draw an entire mountain range on a demo level? It's not a stationary background, so it doesn't come off as all that flat when you're driving. Not sure what you're expecting here.

It's always funny to me when I hear 360 lovers talk about how next generation the 360 is and it uses last generation DVD for the games. Cracks me up. I love it.

]It's always funny to me when I hear PS3 lovers talk about the costs and hang on their nuts for every issue

I smell hypocrisy. You tend to harp on the "low" costs and hang on Microsoft's nuts for every issue just as much as - if not more than - Disco Dave.

where? :doh:.. i only ask questions on where to get the cheap stuff for the xbox.. i dont defend xbox. i had a ps2 and wanted a new console and went with the cheaper console and the ability to mod the system.

Ok no more talk bout GT/Forza. Anyone ever play NASCAR? Is that game any good? I used to love Dayton Racing made by Sega in the Arcade.

They haven't come out with a game for any of the next gen systems yet. There is one coming this year that looks pretty good though.

LOL, it's in the beginning of the Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff video I have, I crack up every time I see it.

It's always funny to me when I hear 360 lovers talk about how next generation the 360 is and it uses last generation DVD for the games. Cracks me up. I love it.

Hmm, saving money and still competing with PS3, let alone there HD games look pretty badass to me, I guess saving money and still producing badass graphics is stupid ?

Archived