Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

XBOX 360 vs. PS3

willmb5

Finally, just to prove some of the power of the PS3, here are some of the latest pics from Gran Turismo HD and some real life photos for comparison. Can you tell which is which!?

I have yet to see the Xbox 360 do anything that even comes CLOSE to this!!!

Key word is yet...

Has that GT game even been released?

Key word is yet...

Yes, as a playable demo.

You seem to have a lot of faith in the 360, do you really think it can handle a game as photorealistic as GT!? What makes you think that the 360 can EVER do that?

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Only the future will tell.

No kidding. The PS2 and Xbox were so similar that the only significant advantage was release date... the Xbox's only real strength was that it was slightly more powerful with slightly better graphics. As a result, they lost out to the PS2 exclusive games.

I'd just as easily deem the PS3 destined for the same fate as the Xbox if it weren't for the fact that its competing consoles take very different approaches. The 360 gives you a cheaper base system and stardard hardware with the option to stock up on peripherals, the PS3 gives you almost everything you need out of the box with very unique hardware for a premium price, and the Wii is in a league of its own with an entirely different gameplay experience.

Saying that anyone has won yet is just dumb.

Key word is yet...

The cars look awfully nice in demo form. :silly:

That sentence right there is why I think the 360 will "win" over the PS3. The huge majority of the people who go into the stores looking to get a next-gen system don't want a PC, or a BluRay player, or any of the "other" stuff that PS3 touts. They want a next-gen GAME system. If you can get a more established system, better game selection, better online gaming, and get it all for way cheaper than a PS3, then you do that. The huge majority of gamers don't have money just to throw around, so they're going to buy on the now, versus the potential of the system.

With the PS3, I can get:

PlayStation3 - $600

Extra controller - $50

HDMI cable - $60

Resistance - $60

Madden - $60

Total: $830.00

Versus the 360:

XBOX360 - $400

Two controllers - $80

HDAV cable - $43

Gears of War - $60

Madden - $60

Halo 2 - $60

Total - $703.00

So I get two extra controllers and the top three games on the market right now for my system, and still pay over $100 less than the PS3 bundle, where I would only get one controller and two games.

The average gamer looks at the PS3 extra stuff and goes "so what?" I don't need a BluRay player, I don't have any BluRays. I don't need a web browser, I already have my laptop. Why would I want to pay extra for all that? The 360 got in right, IMO. If I want the wi-fi or HDDVD hookup for the 360, I can go out and get them. But if I don't want/need those things, why force me to purchase them? The PS3 forces me to pay for stuff I'm not going to use.

I see what you are saying about not wanting/needing the features. But, lets just for the sake or arguement say that you do want the HDDVD drive and the wi-fi connectivity, what does that do to your price? Or even if you just want the HDDVD drive, all of a sudden you are paying much more than what a PS3 cost, and even then, the HDDVD drive is not for playing games, it's strictly for movies. Not with the Bluray drive on PS3 though.

Not that I'm making a case for PS3, I don't own it, just pointing out what I know as fact.

Yes, as a playable demo.

You seem to have a lot of faith in the 360, do you really think it can handle a game as photorealistic as GT!? What makes you think that the 360 can EVER do that?

Because microsoft isn't stupid? And I have played Oblivion, and PGR 3.

And I am sure if microsoft needs too they will just put games on HD-DVD.

Then the issue price comes, up, so what? 200 bucks for an HD-DVD player that plays movies and games in fine in my book as opposed to putting down 600+ bucks on a new console.

PS3 and 360 will be fine.

I have nothing against the PS3, if I had the money for it, I would buy it.

I am sure these same debates went on when it came to the ps2 and the xbox as well.

Because microsoft isn't stupid? And I have played Oblivion, and PGR 3.

And I am sure if microsoft needs too they will just put games on HD-DVD.

Then the issue price comes, up, so what? 200 bucks for an HD-DVD player that plays movies and games in fine in my book as opposed to putting down 600+ bucks on a new console.

PS3 and 360 will be fine.

I have nothing against the PS3, if I had the money for it, I would buy it.

I am sure these same debates went on when it came to the ps2 and the xbox as well.

Well, you picked two bad examples to compare because it has been noted that Oblivion on PS3 has better textures, faster load times, and better graphics overall on PS3 and PGR3 looks like garbage compared to GT. Please, look at this pic and then compare it to the GT screens above:

project-gotham-racing-3-20060419091129494.jpg

I'm sorry, there is no comparison. PGR3 looks like a last-gen game when compared to GT.

Also, MS has already stated that an external HD-DVD drive could not be used for games.

Looks like they have a long way to go with that 350 considering the rear bumper seems like a square was taken out of it :laugh:

Forza 2:

GT40 (GAME):

1178335530.jpg

GT40 (REAL):

2005%20Ford%20GT%20Red%20front%20left.jpg

07 GT500:

GAME:

1178334435.jpg

REAL:

ford.shelby.cobra.mustang.f34.396.jpg

RACING:

1147225193.jpg

1153333683.jpg

1157481632.jpg

1158985614.jpg

1159383629.jpg

Now I can go on all day too, both games are insanely nice with graphics, so I guess you dont win on the subject of racing games :silly:

Here goes a couple pics of GT HD:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gthdc/screen/

I'm not going to say they're bad, because they aren't, and I love GT, I use to play it all the time, till Forza came out.

I don't like Forza more because of Graphics, but I like it more because of what you can do. Paint jobs, Bigger Turbo Setups, that actually make it perform better and sound better. Changing the gearing all over the place, and a whole lot more.

The last GT you couldn't do any of that. All you could do is buy the car, mess with some things, but no painting, no hearing different sounds, it was disgusting.

Ahhhh, here goes an actual in game of GT HD.

100x better than Forza 2, I think not:

That is from the first build. Here are actual IN GAME shots from the demo. Same car (Mutsubishi Lancer Evolution):

dsc01873uh1.jpg

1166937321322.JPG

da4cb15c0a.jpg

And here are some ingame shots from the latest Forza 2 (the 360's "GT-killer") build taken just last week. Same car again:

1177368564.jpg

1177368563.jpg

http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/1969/Forza-Motorsport-2-Dan-Greenawalt-Interview/p1/

I'm sorry but GT just blows anything that the 360 can do out of the water!

Looks like they have a long way to go with that 350 considering the rear bumper seems like a square was taken out of it :laugh:

Forza 2:

GT40 (GAME):

1178335530.jpg

GT40 (REAL):

2005%20Ford%20GT%20Red%20front%20left.jpg

07 GT500:

GAME:

1178334435.jpg

REAL:

ford.shelby.cobra.mustang.f34.396.jpg

RACING:

1147225193.jpg

1153333683.jpg

1157481632.jpg

1158985614.jpg

1159383629.jpg

Now I can go on all day too, both games are insanely nice with graphics, so I guess you dont win on the subject of racing games :silly:

I'm sorry, compared to GTHD those graphics look like crap. GTHD is bordering on photorealism, that still looks like a video game. I think you might need some new glasses.:laugh:

Where in my post was I comparing Oblivion on the 360 and PS3? And of course PS3 will look better, Oblivion on 360 came out in '05.

Look at Gears of War, Lost Planet, all the upcoming games for 360, Bioshock..Too Human, GTA IV, Fable 2 they look awesome, as do your pics for that GTHD game.

As I said before, 360 and PS3 will hold their own.

And who is to say MS does not release an HD-DVD game/movie player?

It's to bad that that Lancer in the GT4 game is fake. As you can see on the hood, there is trees above it, and directly to the left there is grass and a road. Let alone, why are all the numbers so blurry, but the car is 100% clear?

LOL.

And if that is it, why are all the cars I run across for the GTHD game not looking like that???

I'm done arguing though, you're finding photoshoped pictures and believe what they're and for that I cannot argue with someone who can't tell the difference.

Anywho, I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever game you go with, but as I said, for the price, you can't go wrong with 360. The only thing you'll miss for around $200 is Blu Ray, and Wireless.

I'm sorry, compared to GTHD those graphics look like crap. GTHD is bordering on photorealism, that still looks like a video game. I think you might need some new glasses.:laugh:

And the edges on the car in your pics looked too boxy and sharp compared to the RL pics of the car. Call me crazy, but it ain't as perfect as you make it out to sound

Again, 360 and PS3 can both do photorealistic images. Both will hold their own as well :)

It's to bad that that Lancer in the GT4 game is fake. As you can see on the hood, there is trees above it, and directly to the left there is grass and a road. Let alone, why are all the numbers so blurry, but the car is 100% clear?

LOL.

And if that is it, why are all the cars I run across for the GTHD game not looking like that???

I'm done arguing though, you're finding photoshoped pictures and believe what they're and for that I cannot argue with someone who can't tell the difference.

Anywho, I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever game you go with, but as I said, for the price, you can't go wrong with 360. The only thing you'll miss for around $200 is Blu Ray, and Wireless.

Um, those photos are all real! What are you talking about? That is what the GTHD replay looks like. I know it's hard to believe but that is a fact. You just proved my point, GTHD ****s on anything the 360 can do. The graphics are so good you think that they're fake when they're not!

Um, those photos are all real! What are you talking about? That is what the GTHD replay looks like. I know it's hard to believe but that is a fact. You just proved my point, GTHD ****s on anything the 360 can do.

Of course it does to a biased eye :)

I looked at in game screens of GT 4, and they are nice, but I don't see where it blows any other game out of the water.

Um, those photos are all real! What are you talking about? That is what the GTHD replay looks like. I know it's hard to believe but that is a fact. You just proved my point, GTHD ****s on anything the 360 can do.

I didn't prove **** to you. I have seen the graphics of HD, from IGN, to Gamestop, to all over. And you happen to be the only one finding random images that look like a real car. Yet they, who have access to the real images, look nothing like it.

I'll just put it this way, Xbox has been outselling PS3 for the last 4 months or something. That means, when PS3 came out, they still couldn't compete with 360.

Anyways, as I said, you can keep looking at those phony photos and believeing they're GTHD, have fun bud, and no im not talking about the real HD photos, im talking about 95% of the nonsense ones you have been posting.

GTHD looks good, but its not like that black Evo, i'll put money down.

Perhaps you'll find out the hard way when you purchase GT HD, I know how many times Sony has promised this and that, and has let me down, maybe you'll learn this time.

And who is to say MS does not release an HD-DVD game/movie player?

I thought M$ said they wouldn't. They said thewouldn't make it necessary to buy an HD-DVD player to play thier games. They say their compression will equal out the disc space issue. more game in smaller space.

I didn't prove **** to you. I have seen the graphics of HD, from IGN, to Gamestop, to all over. And you happen to be the only one finding random images that look like a real car. Yet they, who have access to the real images, look nothing like it.

I'll just put it this way, Xbox has been outselling PS3 for the last 4 months or something. That means, when PS3 came out, they still couldn't compete with 360.

Anyways, as I said, you can keep looking at those phony photos and believeing they're GTHD, have fun bud, and no im not talking about the real HD photos, im talking about 95% of the nonsense ones you have been posting.

GTHD looks good, but its not like that black Evo, i'll put money down.

Perhaps you'll find out the hard way when you purchase GT HD, I know how many times Sony has promised this and that, and has let me down, maybe you'll learn this time.

Dude, you're nuts. Have you even played the game!? I'll admit that that pic of the Evo is pretty unbelievable but it's 100% real. Look at the pic below, it's the same tunnel from first person view:

1166937638509.JPG

Here's another rear pic of a white Lancer going through the tunnel. Notice it has the same reflection and license plate:

36d1dcb306.jpg

If you actually PLAYED THE GAME you would know that this is what it looks like!

Look, instead of calling me a liar, play the game! Too bad you Xbox 360 fanboys don't realize how inferior your console is because all of these shots are real. When I first saw these shots I didn't believe it either until I actually downloaded it and played it. Just play the game and you will see.

Oh, I'm glad you played the game, can I see the cover too?

It's a downloadable demo! It's free! And yes, those are all IN GAME screenshots FROM THE DEMO!

And as I said before, the fact that you can't even begin to comprehend that a game can and does look this good just shows how superior the PS3 is to the 360 when a game is optomized for its hardware (like GT). I will admit that this is the PS3s main stumbling block. The CELL processor is capable of truly amazing things but it is bleeding edge and very hard to program for. For this reason, I think that only 1st party Sony games (like GT) will ever come close to maximizing its power and producing results like these.

It's a downloadable demo! It's free! And yes, those are all IN GAME screenshots FROM THE DEMO!

And as I said before, the fact that you can't even begin to comprehend that a game can and does look this good just shows how superior the PS3 is to the 360 when a game is optomized for its hardware.

Ok I don't want to get in a argueement here. But because one game has better graphics on PS3 then 360 doesn't make it SUPERIOR. As was said before Lost Planet and Gears Of Wars don't look too shabby. Nothing on the PS3 looks as good as those games. must mean 360 is SUPERIOR, Both Systems are powerful machine. Both Systems will hold their own.Both System graphics look good.

Ok I don't want to get in a argueement here. But because one game has better graphics on PS3 then 360 doesn't make it SUPERIOR. As was said before Lost Planet and Gears Of Wars don't look too shabby. Nothing on the PS3 looks as good as those games. must mean 360 is SUPERIOR, Both Systems are powerful machine. Both Systems will hold their own.Both System graphics look good.

I agree, those games look awesome. However, they also both came out after the 360 had been out for a year. First gen games never look that great. Lets just wait and see what the PS3 games look like this winter. My guess is then they will start to blow the 360 away. However, as I said in my edited post above, the problem with the PS3 is that the game must be built from ground up in order to be fully optomized for the CELL to harness the PS3s true power. Therefore, only PS3 exclusives (and there aren't many left:( ) will really show what the PS3 can do. It is very possible that multiplatform games may look slightly better on the 360 because its GPU is a little more powerful. However, those that learn to utilize the PS3s vastly superior CPU power will get incredible results that just won't be possible on the 360. Also, this year most of the EA games will be developed on PS3 first and then ported to 360 unlike last year when the opposite was the case. I will be interested to see if this results in any noticable difference between their games on PS3 and 360.

Archived