Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

XBOX 360 vs. PS3

willmb5

While the PS3 Fanboys masturbate over the fact that their overpriced, low-selling system with no games to play has a blu-ray drive, let's look at the facts on the ground.

Me: Hey Japan, how are things over there?

Japan: Our weekly console software sales figures are out. You'll never guess what happened.

Me: What?

Japan: Every single title in the top 20 is for a Nintendo game system.

Me: No kidding!

Japan: Yeah, crazy eh? They were all DS and Wii games.

Me: But the PS3 has Blu-Ray! Don't people get it! It's suuuupperrior!

Japan: Well, to tell you the truth, the PS3 didn't even have anything in the top 30.

Me: Ouch. Reality is a *****.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=13873

Have fun in your alternate reality kids.

Wow, so where did the Xbox 360 titles come in!?:doh:

Oh, that's right, they didn't have ANYTHIGN in the top 50!!!

(... and sold 3,750 consoles compared to 14,819 PS3s)

I would figure next considering the Xbox 360 outsells the PS3

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: In Japan!!?!?!?!? You have to be kidding me! The Xbox 360 has been in Japan for a year longer than the PS3 and sold less than 400,000 units. The PS3 has almost sold a million in less than six months! Lets put it this way, the Xbox 360 is bombing so badly in Japan that the PS3 sold more consoles the first weekend it was released than the 360 had sold in a year!!! :laugh:

http://vgchartz.com/japweekly.php

Wow, so where did the Xbox 360 titles come in!?:doh:

Oh, that's right, they didn't have ANYTHIGN in the top 50!!!

(... and sold 3,750 consoles compared to 14,819 PS3s)

Japan is quite Xenophobic when it comes to consoles. The PS3 is doing horribly both in Japan and the united states. The Wii is doing well everywhere.

Last week's #s in the United States.

Hardware:

Console Weekly Total

DS 154,087

Wii 87,651

360 64,064

PSP 43,804

Ps3 30,091

Software:

DS 587,565

360 458,234

Wii 362,580

PS2 214,401

PS3 182,041

PSP 143,983

XBOX 8,466

GC 7,291

http://www.vgchartz.com/aweekly.php

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: In Japan!!?!?!?!? You have to be kidding me! The Xbox 360 has been in Japan for a year longer than the PS3 and sold less than 400,000 units. The PS3 has almost sold a million in less than six months! Lets put it this way, the Xbox 360 is bombing so badly in Japan that the PS3 sold more consoles the first weekend it was released than the 360 had sold in a year!!! :laugh:

THe PS3 is in last place in overall console sales among the Wii, 360, and PS3 .

The PS3 is in last place in software sales week to week among the Wii, PS3, and 360.

Bottom line. Those are worldwide, and they arent very close.

The PS3 is a massive debacle that forced the resignation of the project's leader. There's no way around it. It's a poor seller, even at hugely subsidized prices. Coming off the success of the PS2, it's even more embarassing.

Japan is quite Xenophobic when it comes to consoles. The PS3 is doing horribly both in Japan and the united states. The Wii is doing well everywhere.

Last week's #s in the United States.

Hardware:

Console Weekly Total

DS 154,087

Wii 87,651

360 64,064

PSP 43,804

Ps3 30,091

Software:

DS 587,565

360 458,234

Wii 362,580

PS2 214,401

PS3 182,041

PSP 143,983

XBOX 8,466

GC 7,291

http://www.vgchartz.com/aweekly.php

The PS3 is doing a lot better in Japan and the US than the 360 is in Japan. The PS3 is also doing best in PAL territories where it is actually competing with the Wii quite strongly (even though it costs upto $300) more in those places).

Is this thread still going on?

Someone had it right when they used the metaphors of videogame systems to cars. A 360 vs. a PS3 is like a Corvette vs. a Ferrari. For most Corvette is an awesome machine, especially for the price. But if you can afford it, why not go all out and get a Ferrari and just a little bit more?

Both are awesome; why are people getting so friggin upset and personal about this.

The PS3 is doing a lot better in Japan and the US than the 360 is in Japan. The PS3 is also doing best in PAL territories where it is actually competing with the Wii quite strongly (even though it costs upto $300) more in those places).

Nonsense. The Wii is supply constrained across the entire globe. You still can't find them, and Nintendo is struggling to increase their manufacturing capability. PS3s have been sitting around collecting dust for months. And the 360 has sold many more units outside of the US/Japan than the PS3.

The PS3 is a dud, plain and simple. The Cell is a beautiful chip, but the console was late to the market, lacked innovation, cost too much, and simply didn't deliver. It's an enormous failure.

THe PS3 is in last place in overall console sales among the Wii, 360, and PS3 .

The PS3 is in last place in software sales week to week among the Wii, PS3, and 360.

Bottom line. Those are worldwide, and they arent very close.

The PS3 is a massive debacle that forced the resignation of the project's leader. There's no way around it. It's a poor seller, even at hugely subsidized prices. Coming off the success of the PS2, it's even more embarassing.

Wow, well its also sold more consoles worldwide in its first six months than the Xbox 360 has and this despite a much higher pricetag, more competition, and its only been available outside the US and Japan for a month and a half. Give the PS3 a year to get off the ground and then we'll see what happens.

And the 360 has sold many more units outside of the US/Japan than the PS3.

It's only been available in those regions for a month and a half!

And honestly, if you think the PS3 is a dud than the 360 is too because the PS3 has soldm many more consoles worldwide in its first six months than the 360 ever did.

Wow, well its also sold more consoles worldwide in its first six months than the Xbox 360 has and this despite a much higher pricetag, more competition, and its only been available outside the US and Japan for a month and a half. Give the PS3 a year to get off the ground and then we'll see what happens.

The Wii launched at the same time as the PS3 without nearly the buzz, and they havent had any problem with the competition, have they? Not to mention, the 360 was supply constrained in its early months.

At best the PS3 can hope for only a 3 way split of the market at the end of the generation. That's their BEST possible outcome. Coming off a generation in which they captured more than two thirds of the market, they **** the bed. The downside of course, is far worse.

On top of which, Sony is losing more money per console sold than MSFT, and The Wii is sold at a profit.

VG chartz is no longer a reputable source.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong forum :)

The PS3 is such a success that the head guy (who was the head guy also during the PS2) had to step down. And it is scaring M$ so much that M$ didn't drop the price of their system becuase they didn't feel a need to worry about PS3 right now (It was rumored once the 360 price would drop earlier this year and I am sure if they were really scared about PS3 at this point in time they would have)

As for all the Japanese numbers. I live in South Carolina, which is located in the United States. Anyone wanting to buy a PS3 so they can play Pokemon in 1080p go right ahead.

As for all the Japanese numbers. I live in South Carolina, which is located in the United States. Anyone wanting to buy a PS3 so they can play Pokemon in 1080p go right ahead.

Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, how are you going to play it on PS3!?:silly: :silly: :silly:

Right now systems are selling at rates in inverse proportion to their "power".

Handheld:

DS > PSP

Consoles:

Wii > 360 > PS3

Funny, that.

Look you keep saying this but you're wrong. Worldwide the PS3 is selling more consoles every week than the Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 is only beating the PS3 in the US. I will admit that the 360 is killing the PS3 in the US but worldwide the PS3 is selling at a better rate.

http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/111248.shtml

Feature: Predicting Next-Gen Console Sales With Last-Gen Numbers

The Prediction

Assuming history repeats itself in terms of sales velocity, expect Wii to outsell both the Xbox 360 and PS3 in that order, though not to the same extent as the PS2. We're not alone in making this prediction, either; market research firm IDC also sides with history. The IDC 2007-2011 worldwide console report also predicts Wii to outsell both the Xbox 360 and PS3 respectively. Of course, anything can happen. That will largely depend on Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony. But most importantly, it will depend on what the buying public demands.

Better predictions through graphing? We shall see. But whatever the commercial outcome, history also predicts that Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony will equally be relevant players in console gaming for some time. That's sure to translate into lots of gaming goodness for everyone.

http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/111248.shtml

Feature: Predicting Next-Gen Console Sales With Last-Gen Numbers

This is barely even analysis. It was written by a bunch of stoner video game "journalists." What do they really know about market analysis!? Let's see what real industry analysts say. From Monday, May 7th:

Updated: Monday, 07 May 2007

Wedbush Morgan: PS3 to 'Win' the Next Gen Battle

By Tom Ivan

A new Wedbush Morgan report forecasts that Sony and Blu-ray will emerge as narrow victors in the next generation console wars.In the report, analyst Michael Pachter predicts that Sony's PS3 will command the greatest market share of next generation consoles.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5511&Itemid=2

This is barely even analysis. It was written by a bunch of stoner video game "journalists." What do they really know about market analysis!? Let's see what real industry analysts say. From Monday, May 7th:

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5511&Itemid=2

For every article you look up you can look up saying PS3 will win, you can find one saying that 360 will win. Actually I am impressed. This is the 1st that I have seen saying the Ps3 will win.

For every article you look up you can look up saying PS3 will win, you can find one saying that 360 will win. Actually I am impressed. This is the 1st that I have seen saying the Ps3 will win.

Microsoft has a much larger propaganda machine in place. It's a large part of the 360's success in addition to the earlier release.

I'm not saying its a dirty tactic or anything (if anything, its damn smart), but its just the way it is.

Not true, there are almost no analysts saying that the Xbox 360 will win. Right now most analysts think that the Wii will win and some are still saying the PS3 will win. Almost nobody thinks that the 360 will win but most think it will make a good showing.

Not true, there are almost no analysts saying that the Xbox 360 will win. Right now most analysts think that the Wii will win and some are still saying the PS3 will win. Almost nobody thinks that the 360 will win but most think it will make a good showing.

Wii wii wii. That almost a totally different market. I know they are a gaming console like the PS3 and 360. But their target market is non games. This is why M$ themselves said go buy a 360 and a Wii. The 360 and PS3 are going more head to head.

just curious how many people out there have a 360 and a Wii.. .raise your hand.

:ciao:

Wii wii wii. That almost a totally different market. I know they are a gaming console like the PS3 and 360. But their target market is non games. This is why M$ themselves said go buy a 360 and a Wii. The 360 and PS3 are going more head to head.

just curious how many people out there have a 360 and a Wii.. .raise your hand.

:ciao:

This doesn't change the fact that there are no analysts predicting the 360 to win and there are still quite a few who think the PS3 will. The PS3 has sold more units in its first six months than the Xbox 360 did and right now it is selling at a higher rate than the Xbox 360 is worldwide despite no games and a high price. Just because the PS3 isn't doing as well as the 360 in the US right now doesn't mean it won't dominate in the long run.

Most analysts are predicting:

1. Wii

2. PS3

3. 360

A few are saying:

1. PS3

2. Wii

3. 360

Almost nobody is predicting that the 360 won't come in last though they do think it will do relatively better than the original Xbox with 25-30% of the market share.

Look you keep saying this but you're wrong. Worldwide the PS3 is selling more consoles every week than the Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 is only beating the PS3 in the US. I will admit that the 360 is killing the PS3 in the US but worldwide the PS3 is selling at a better rate.

Last month the 360 outsold the PS3 by 70k consoles in the United States. The PS3 outsold the 360 in Japan by something like 7k consoles, a function of Japan's well documented xenophobia. That leaves the Xbox 360 well ahead. After the initial launch with pent up demand (look at 360/Wii launch weeks), PS3 sales dropped off the face of the earth. Unless you can come up with current (non launch week numbers) that bridge the gap, then go away.

Archived