Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good Pick Up Guys!

Number5

I know that some of you would have rather drafting a DT or a DE, but the kid from LSU gives you a very talented Secondary that with the exception of Springs is young and will gel together to become one of the top groups in the NFL.

Congrats and good luck with the rest of your draft!

N5!

I know that some of you would have rather drafting a DT or a DE, but the kid from LSU gives you a very talented Secondary that with the exception of Springs is young and will gel together to become one of the top groups in the NFL.

N5!

Much appreciated, but your thread will probably be closed along with every other thread that wasn't created by the Nazi-Mods or their lackeys.

:doh:

N5!

A) Thanks for the compliments. Nice to know there is still some civility left in the opposing fans on this board.

B) I agree. Landry, Taylor, Rogers, and Smoot should all make for a good DB core for years to come.

Eagle fans have an appreciation for two high level performing safeties, no doubt about that. We certainly have as much early round talent as any in our secondary. Barring crazy injury, you won't have many excuses this year from a coverage standpoint :).

Talent in the secondary is irrelevent if you have no pass rush. Nobody is saying the Redskins don't have the best safety tandem in the NFL but so what. What good is it if everybody continues to complete passes because there is NO pass rush.

I have a hard time understanding why this is so hard for some of you or for the Redskins gurus to understand this concept. After giving up 4000 yards passing this year I believe the Skins will still draft another defensive back next season...but only because they are stupid.

Talent in the secondary is irrelevent if you have no pass rush. Nobody is saying the Redskins don't have the best safety tandem in the NFL but so what. What good is it if everybody continues to complete passes because there is NO pass rush.

I have a hard time understanding why this is so hard for some of you or for the Redskins gurus to understand this concept. After giving up 4000 yards passing this year I believe the Skins will still draft another defensive back next season...but only because they are stupid.

Agreed...so many people don't see the cause and effect here. Opposing QBs will still have all day to throw so the only thing that really changes is the names in the secondary getting burnt.

I guess we are determined to see that those names are the highest paid possible.

I think the Landry pick was a solid one. Other than Taylor, we really have NOTHING at safety....absolutely nothing. This was a position we needed to shore up badly, and we did so by taking Landry.

Our D-line needs can be addressed later in the draft and via trade/post-June 1 pickups, so long as, in the latter case, the player isn't already using a walker.

Landry was the highest rated defensive player in the draft and was available at 6. Done deal.

On another note, though, I'm loving the fact that over-hyped Brady Quinn is slipping and slipping.....and slipping further. He's just another Joey Harrington/David Carr.

As the normal..some of you need to chill...our LBs are going to be better this year, and I think you'll see a much better pass rush this year. You'll probably see more blitzs from the CBs and safeties now. Good pick up i think...hope we can find a diamond in the ruff in the later rounds for Defense.

Carter was coming on at the end of last year. I think he could have a good year. Still, I would have loved a chance for a stud DE.

Archived