Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An Interesting Draft Stat That You Might Like

#98QBKiller

:secret:

During the 2000 season the New England Patriots went 5-11

In the 2001 draft following that season they picked DE Richard Seymour at #6 overall....

During the 2001 season they went 11-5 and won the Super Bowl. And you know the story from there.

Now before you go calling me a homer, all I'm saying is it could happen. Probably won't but who knows. :whoknows:

In the 2001 draft following that season they picked DE Richard Seymour at #6 overall....

During the 2001 season they went 11-5 and won the Super Bowl. And you know the story from there.

Now before you go calling me a homer, all I'm saying is it could happen. Probably won't but who knows. :whoknows:

lol I think a man by the name of Tom Brady was the reason for the Pats success, not Seymour.

I like the optimism, but the Pats were very lucky in their first SB run. There is not a human being on the face of their earth that would convince me otherwise. They had no business being in that SB. But, hey, kudos to them, they won it. But it was pure luck. Brady takes over for an injured Bledsoe, the tuck game (which they should have lost) and an improbable game against the Rams.

I just want a D-Lineman, also I'm more incline to go DT first but I wouldn't mind if we went DE.

I love these obscure facts, stranger things could happen.

And now comes the rain...

The rest of the Patriots 2001 draft:

Rd Sel# Player Pos. School

1 6 Richard Seymour DE Georgia

2 48 Matt Light T Purdue

3 86 Brock Williams CB Notre Dame

4 96 Kenyatta Jones T South Florida

4 119 Jabari Holloway TE Notre Dame

5 163 Hakim Akbar OLB Washington

6 180 Arther Love TE South Carolina State

6 200 Leonard Myers CB Miami

7 216 Owen Pochman K Brigham Young

7 239 T.J. Turner OLB Michigan State

While many of these names aren't exactly household names, the Pats did have a few extra crucial early round picks, unlike the Skins this year.

Now the good news, only Seymour and Light are currently listed on the Pats 2007 roster, just 6 years later. What does that mean? Probably not much, but if Jamaal Anderson, Amobi Okoye or someone else evolves as our own Richard Seymour than things may start looking up!

I love these obscure facts, stranger things could happen.

And now comes the rain...

The rest of the Patriots 2001 draft:

Rd Sel# Player Pos. School

1 6 Richard Seymour DE Georgia

2 48 Matt Light T Purdue

3 86 Brock Williams CB Notre Dame

4 96 Kenyatta Jones T South Florida

4 119 Jabari Holloway TE Notre Dame

5 163 Hakim Akbar OLB Washington

6 180 Arther Love TE South Carolina State

6 200 Leonard Myers CB Miami

7 216 Owen Pochman K Brigham Young

7 239 T.J. Turner OLB Michigan State

While many of these names aren't exactly household names, the Pats did have a few extra crucial early round picks, unlike the Skins this year.

Now the good news, only Seymour and Light are currently listed on the Pats 2007 roster, just 6 years later. What does that mean? Probably not much, but if Jamaal Anderson, Amobi Okoye or someone else evolves as our own Richard Seymour than things may start looking up!

I miss Jabari Holloway in South Bend. Where's he been? lol

Archived