Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Radio Host Blames Tech Victims For Not Fighting Back

Hooper

ok answer this question

if this guy was pulling something like this in a 3rd world country u think people would just stand around doing nothing?

i dont blame the students its just how the environment in usa is everyone here is supersoft.

umm ... if you haven't noticed, "32 killed in shooting" is a pretty weak headline for third-world countries.

In places like Darfur, people ARE lined up and killed execution style all the time. It has nothing to do with what country you're in. It has to do with the simple fact that someone with a gun is going to kill an unarmed person pretty much 100% of the time at close range.

...you still haven't told us what you would have done if you were in that classroom.

ok answer this question

if this guy was pulling something like this in a 3rd world country u think people would just stand around doing nothing?

i dont blame the students its just how the environment in usa is everyone here is supersoft.

Bull****.

The Germans and Japanese made that kind of argument in WWII. American culture makes its citizens 'weak'.

Ridiculous. What the students did is human nature - you respond instinctively in that kind of situation - your 'upbringing' has nothing to do with it.

ok answer this question

What the hell does that even mean?

Yes, if someone walked unannounced into a third world classroom and opened fire for thirty seconds, everyone in that room would either be dead or cowering.

We are talking instincts here, my friend. Human instincts from the dawn of time. No one actually runs towards danger.

And I think you should google the phrase "death squads" to see what happens in the "third world" on a regular basis.

I agree that u really dont know how u will react until you are in the situtation but when the little asian ahole was reloading why didnt students try and bumbrush him?? He can't kill you if the guns not loaded and he obviously was to much of a puss to fight so atleast throw a desk, books or something at him to knock him off balance....then again even if he has one gun he can't kill everyone with it.

anyways sorry for playin armchair qb.

I think it's easy to sit back and pretend to know what a bunch of students in class should do in a situation like this.

And I think it's even easier to pretend that you would do something different in the same situation.

~Bang

No kidding Bang. It is easy to say what you would have done if you were in that situation, without being remotely close to it. I realize that a lot of people have been in that situation with close range firing, but until you have been, there is no way to say how you will react.

I think I said this in the Tailgate at some point, but I was in a situation where someone sprayed a good amount of bullets in a crowd a few feet in front of me. As much as I would like to say I speared the guy or kicked his ass, I just froze. Some people hit the floor, some people ran, I just stood there and froze.

Now, I am a pretty big guy and I could have overpowered him if the opportunity presented itself again, but that was just not what my mind told me to do at that point. That was the first time (and hopefully the last time) something like that happens to me, but if it does who knows how I will react. If you are not prepared for something and it catches you off guard, there is no telling how you are going to react.

If Neal Boortz wants to call me a wuss for not fighting back in my situation, he can go screw because I do not really give a damn.

I agree that u really dont know how u will react until you are in the situtation but when the little asian ahole was reloading why didnt students try and bumbrush him?? He can't kill you if the guns not loaded and he obviously was to much of a puss to fight so atleast throw a desk, books or something at him to knock him off balance....then again even if he has one gun he can't kill everyone with it.

anyways sorry for playin armchair qb.

Maybe it was hard to tell the difference between when the "little asian ahole" was reloading and when he was stalking his next victim. And if he had pre-loaded clips for both his guns, he could reload pretty damn fast - probably a lot faster then you could throw your "German 101" text book at him. Which would, of course, stop an adrenaline-filled, gun-toting homicidal maniac in his tracks.

ok answer this question

We have serious problems if we have to be constantly watching our backs like in many third-world countries. I am not going to live in fear like that, and if that makes me soft, so be it.

BTW, I am not insinuating that this is what you are saying, but we are far from a third-world culture where a good amount of people fear for their lives on a daily basis.

Maybe it was hard to tell the difference between when the "little asian ahole" was reloading and when he was stalking his next victim. And if he had pre-loaded clips for both his guns, he could reload pretty damn fast - probably a lot faster then you could throw your "German 101" text book at him. Which would, of course, stop an adrenaline-filled, gun-toting homicidal maniac in his tracks.

Yes, I think a lot of people are over-estimating the time it takes to reload. Especially when he had several clips on hand.

Now, I am a pretty big guy and I could have overpowered him if the opportunity presented itself again, but that was just not what my mind told me to do at that point. That was the first time (and hopefully the last time) something like that happens to me, but if it does who knows how I will react. If you are not prepared for something and it catches you off guard, there is no telling how you are going to react.

I just love how this armchair warriors think they are not governed by millions of years worth of instincts.

I've watched "Patton" 20 times. It doesn't mean that I am going to stand in front of the Luftwaffe with a pistol. For God's sake, I'm from the suburbs. I wake up scared once a week because our cat has pushed a lamp onto the floor.

**** all these ignorant morons who think it's just the easiest thing in the world to rush a man with a gun right after you see in horrible detail what that same gun did to the kid next to you.

It's not about the situation being an easy one. It's about being given a choice. One is a 100% certainty of death. The other is 50/50. If given the choice, even a person panicking can have some logic and say "well, I'm dead anyway if I just stand here... "

Maybe the timing is off and maybe the words are harsh, but there is a a point. This is all null and void if people lack the time to react, however.

Maybe the timing is off and maybe the words are harsh, but there is a a point. This is all null and void if people lack the time to react, however.

Exactly, for most people, their first thought is going to be "Holy S!" and then thinking "OK, what can I do here." I don't think there was a whole lot of time to move on to thought number two.

Read the post article, the average attack seems to take about 30 to 60 seconds. In which time, most of the people in the room are hit.

Here it is:

"Boom"

Door swings open (1 second)

"Pop! Pop!"

Professor dead (3 seconds)

"Pop! Pop! Pop!"

"Screams"

At this point you turn around.

Student next to you dead. Her blood covers your shirt. (5 seconds)

"Pop! Pop! Pop!"

"Screams"

Bullet files past your leg. Student behind you dead. (7 seconds)

"Pop"

"Screams"

You stand up.

Student running for window is dead. (9 seconds)

"Pop pop"

Much less screaming

You are dead (11 seconds)

Why weren't you braver?

By the way' date=' does anyone actually know how "little" the "little Asian" was? He looks like a decent-sized dude in the picture. He was also 23 years old and some of his victims were 18 or 19. My guess is that this was not a stereotype walking down the hall.[/quote']

A witness described him as being about 6' tall.

i agree how do u let a small asian man reload his gun and shoot you.
ok answer this question

Are you retarded, or just trying to stir pot?

Not that there's anything wrong with being retarded, it just better lets the rest of us know what we're dealing with.

A witness described him as being about 6' tall.

So, the "little Asian" was probably bigger than most of the victims.

Let's go over this again. They want the average college student...in the middle of his 10AM German class...to see his professor murdered...see classmates drop...and within fifteen seconds decide to run across the room towards the fairly big scary guy in the black t-shirt who happens to be firing two pistols.

That makes sense.

I'm not giving my opinion on concealed carries at this moment one way or the other, but it is likely that if someone in the first few classrooms even had a gun, they probably wouldn't have gotten a shot off before they were either dead or the shooter was gone.

Alright, well, From what I read, he attacked three classrooms. So, I know people screamed in the first so don't the 2nd and 3rd classes have to hear whats going on. It wasn't like he attacked 1 classroom and that was it.

I know, I would've probably screamed like a little panzy and piss my myself.

I have no problem with encouraging resistance in such situations,but for anyone to condemn these victims is a absolute fool.

I honour the bravery and actions taken to save lives because it goes beyond what is expected, and I cast no shadow of blame on any other than the nutjob POS responsible for this tragedy.

Alright, well, From what I read, he attacked three classrooms. So, I know people screamed in the first so don't the 2nd and 3rd classes have to hear whats going on. It wasn't like he attacked 1 classroom and that was it.

I know, I would've probably screamed like a little panzy and piss my myself.

In every classroom but the first one, it sounds like they tried to barricade the door.
Room 204, Professor Librescu's class, seems to have been the gunman's last stop on the second floor. The teacher and his dozen students had heard too much, though they had not seen anything yet. They had heard a girl's piercing scream in the hallway. They had heard the pops and more pops. By the time the gunman reached the room, many of the students were on the window ledge. There was grass below, not concrete, and even some shrubs. The old professor was at the door, which would not lock, pushing against it, when the gunman pushed from the other side. Some of the students jumped, others prepared to jump until Librescu could hold the door no longer and the gunman forced his way inside.

Matt Webster, a 23-year-old engineering student from Smithfield, Va., was one of four students inside when the gunman appeared. "He was decked out like he was going to war," Webster recalled. "Black vest, extra ammunition clips, everything." Again, his look was blank, just a stare, no expression, as he started shooting. The first shot hit Librescu in the head, killing him. Webster ducked to the floor and tucked himself into a ball. He shut his eyes and listened as the gunman walked to the back of the classroom. Two other students were huddled by the wall. He shot a girl, and she cried out. Now the shooter was three feet away, pointing his gun right at Webster.

"I felt something hit my head, but I was still conscious," Webster recalled. The bullet had grazed his hairline, then ricocheted through his upper right arm. He played dead. "I lay there and let him think he had done his job. I wasn't moving at all, hoping he wouldn't come back." The gunman left the room as suddenly as he had come in.

When Webster opened his eyes, he saw blood everywhere. Some of it was his, though he didn't realize it until he saw blood pouring out the sleeve of his sweat shirt. The girl nearby was unable to speak, only moaning. Blood seeped from her mouth.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/18/AR2007041802824_3.html

I've been hearing about the people being lined up and shot execution style, but I've yet to see it in print except for the first day. It makes me wonder if that story came out of the 'fog of war'. If it did happen, I think the question of why someone didn't fight back has merit. I'm not saying I would have done it, but I would have hoped I would have. But being in the situation is different.

We should be learning more about exactly what happened as the days wear on, but not all the classroom scenes were they guy coming in with guns blazing. In this interview, this survivor describes him walking up and down the desk rows shooting people while they laid on the ground in fear. Mostly trying to act like they were already dead. The shooter left the room, then came back in and did the same thing. I saw this guy's interview on Oprah yesterday and its more detailed here. You should read it. Very surreal.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18183450/site/newsweek/

I sure hope I would have tried something, but you don't know until you're put in that position.

Archived