Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Imus out at MSNBC (mod edit--reply to CBS firing in Merged thread)

skinsfan07

I think its great that he was fired and it was obvious that he deserved it. But through out this Sharpton has been attacking Imus for his comments etc which I understand. But because of all of that by him I am waiting for him to apologize for all the horrible things he said about the lacross players in the case that was just dropped. But of course we know he wont.

Please say what horrible things Al Sharpton said about those kids....please find a quote or something or stop spewing crap from your computer and not backing it up.

What's a greater percentage. 1 out of 2, or 100 out of 1 million?

I was just wondering... because 100 being a higher number and all, it seems like it should be a higher percentage.

I think the man is trying to pull one over on us personally.

Do you realize that 3 out of every 4 people in the U.S make up 75% of the entire population, including racists?

Are you slow or something? double standard of racism? WTF :doh: , please explain this so called "double standard" since he didn't even get fired but suspended. I wish they would fire his sorry ass to send a message that racism will not be tolerated in our country.

apparently, you hadnt been reading the news, he was fired. CBS radio is just the next domino to fall.... so while you're calling out other posters... apparently it was you that was a little slow on reading the news. I'm mostly p.o.'ed because MSNBC caved due to a loss of sponsors, any attempt to say that it was because of what he said is a sham.

Every so often I wonder about people born in the 40's or earlier (I think Imus qualifies) People who were taught as a daily course of living what we most of us would consider racism as a norm. Following the '60's and '70's Civil Rights movement when those definitions changed how many of them were able to really change or be enlightened and how many of them just couldn't shake what they had been taught as children. I think one of the reasons that racism seems to making bigger strides now is that we grew up with a purer notion of equality and had much more exposure to everyone. Hard to hate what you know. I wonder how much of the civility is genuine and how much masquerade for the pre-civil rights generations?

Please say what horrible things Al Sharpton said about those kids....please find a quote or something or stop spewing crap from your computer and not backing it up.

Good, I was hoping you would respond. This time it actually is true, Sharpton did not come flying in calling for heads etc as he has usually done. Maybe he has learned his lesson that that is not the best idea nor the best way to handle situations.

The reason I said that was because I was curious how you would respond. Now I have a question, if I had said that Diane Sawyer for example had made remarks she should apologize for, would you have been so outraged? I think not. So the question is, did you attack me because you think "whitey" is out to get Rev Sharpton?

Every so often I wonder about people born in the 40's or earlier (I think Imus qualifies) People who were taught as a daily course of living what we most of us would consider racism as a norm. Following the '60's and '70's Civil Rights movement when those definitions changed how many of them were able to really change or be enlightened and how many of them just couldn't shake what they had been taught as children. I think one of the reasons that racism seems to making bigger strides now is that we grew up with a purer notion of equality and had much more exposure to everyone. Hard to hate what you know. I wonder how much of the civility is genuine and how much masquerade for the pre-civil rights generations?

My mom was raised in Winston-Salem, NC in the 50's.

To her credit, she is just about the most non-discriminating person I've ever known... and I'm not just saying that because she's my mother.

I guess my point is that, like anything else, it comes down to the person. So don't wonder about when someone was born, or where they were raised... just make your own judgement about that persons' character.

apparently, you hadnt been reading the news, he was fired. CBS radio is just the next domino to fall.... so while you're calling out other posters... apparently it was you that was a little slow on reading the news. I'm mostly p.o.'ed because MSNBC caved due to a loss of sponsors, any attempt to say that it was because of what he said is a sham.

Apparently you are the SLOW nit-wit here, look at the time of my post and when this news of his firing got released. I stay on top off the news in my house, and you are still a loser. I am happy MSNBC canned his ass, an they ain't nothing your whiny ass can do about it :laugh: .

Yet Chris Rock and numerous black comedians will continue their careers and insult whites, asians, etc.. and it will be perfectly ok. The hypocrisy this nation produces is uncanny.

Dude, there are white comedians who say the same stuff as well insulting blacks, asians etc. So thanks for demonstrating your hypocrisy as well.

Congrats JJ and Sharpton you got your wish.

Down goes a dumbass.

Nobody should feel sorry for him.

He'll get picked up by somebody else. Maybe XM or Sirius in a year or two. Opie and Anthony came back. Greaseman has a show somewhere. Don and Mike, Howard Stern, etc. All get in trouble for being jerks and idiots....and they some back.

Dude, there are white comedians who say the same stuff as well insulting blacks, asians etc. So thanks for demonstrating your hypocrisy as well.

Yea but if white comedian uses the "N" word JJ and Fat Al will be protesting the next day but if a black comedian says "cracker" then no outrage. Thats fair.

Yea but if white comedian uses the "N" word JJ and Fat Al will be protesting the next day but if a black comedian says "cracker" then no outrage. Thats fair.

cracker doesn't even have the same effect as the word "n-word". I mean cracker? Who cares.

we have 300 years of history behind the word "n-word".

Cracker was just some random word. Wow you're a cracker! Real hurtful.... :rolleyes:

Archived