Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Hello, Matt? This is Vinny."

Hooper

If the Raiders take Russell at one, I think there's a good chance the Skins at least call the Lions and try to swing a deal to move up to number two so they can take Calvin Johnson.

Just think about what that means. Vinny Cerrato and Matt Millen on the phone. Two front office legends, trying to outsmart one another. If they put the Redskins and Lions "war rooms" on pay-per-view I would definitely pay to hear that call.

If the Raiders take Russell at one, I think there's a good chance the Skins at least call the Lions and try to swing a deal to move up to number two so they can take Calvin Johnson.

Just think about what that means. Vinny Cerrato and Matt Millen on the phone. Two front office legends, trying to outsmart one another. If they put the Redskins and Lions "war rooms" on pay-per-view I would definitely pay to hear that call.

The "Clash of the Titans"!

No matter what happens, somehow those two clowns would manage to design a trade where both sides lose. Badly.

If they were to do that, I would have to seriously wonder if there's anyone with any sense in the Front Office. Drafting Johnson would increase the number of players on the roster who I cannot and won't root for to more than a half dozen. The list of players on the current roster who are on the cusp of joining that list is closer to a dozen.

If Matt were our GM, I could see us giving up an important player in order to swap picks just so we can get a player we don't need at all but even Vinny is more respectable than that.

Competent GMs would either use #6 to get an immediate starter for a key position of need or trade down for multiple picks with which to fill out the depth chart. Whereas a terrible GM would look at the prospects like this and say, "holy crap, I know we don't need this guy at all but he is just so amazing that I know he will single handedly take us to the Super Bowl in spite of our glaring needs elsewhere. Surely there are some great DEs in the 6th round!" :doh:

It's true that Vinny doesn't get any respect around the league and is commonly accepted as a terrible GM, however he is still the Redskins' GM and I would never find it funny to watch him match wits with another bad GM. If it were the Lions and the Raiders negotiating, it would be different.

As usual with the whiners on this board, an ugly attack on the FO of the Redskins made up with no substance behind it, no credence to it.

Just more negativity for negativity's sake. :rolleyes:

Reading a lot of the whiners and reactionary nitwit's posts on this board, I'm sensing an undercurrent of almost disappointment that the Briggs deal didn't go through so they could come here and ***** and moan about it. :)

Now they gotta make crap up in threads to keep the venom going now that their Briggs whinefest has lost steam. :laugh:

I can almost hear that conversation:

Vinny: Well, Matt. You know 6 is bigger than 2.

Matt: That's true.

Vinny: So, if I'm going to give you a six, you need to give me four more.

Matt: That makes sence.

Vinny: Good. I'll start with your 2010 7th rounder.

Matt: I thought you were smarter than that.

Vinny: You did?

As usual with the whiners on this board, an ugly attack on the FO of the Redskins made up with no substance behind it, no credence to it.

Just more negativity for negativity's sake. :rolleyes:

Reading a lot of the whiners and reactionary nitwit's posts on this board, I'm sensing an undercurrent of almost disappointment that the Briggs deal didn't go through so they could come here and ***** and moan about it. :)

Now they gotta make crap up in threads to keep the venom going now that their Briggs whinefest has lost steam. :laugh:

lol, looks like someone needs a sense of humor.

At least you demonstrated your apt ability to spell the word "whine". Over and over again. :)

The mufled sound in the backround that Millen would hear will be the sound of Vinny being gagged and bound with duct tape by Gibbs before those two “geniuses” could make a deal as stupid as this.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:cheers:

post of the offseason :notworthy

SkinsGuy--lighten up! :)

I think Hooper was going for levity, which he achieved at least in my book.

If you say so, fine.

I know a pointless attack thread when I see one. And this thread will get uglier and uglier towards the FO. You watch and see.

The "Clash of the Titans"!

No matter what happens, somehow those two clowns would manage to design a trade where both sides lose. Badly.

Some how I could see them finding a way to give away both their picks to other teams and signing 2 kickers !! :doh:

Archived