Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Hello, Matt? This is Vinny."

Hooper

I know a pointless attack thread when I see one. And this thread will get uglier and uglier towards the FO. You watch and see.

See what happens when we don't have strange and far-fetched trade rumors to discuss? Some of us, thankfully, fill-in the void with gentle humor and sarcasm... Now that's not so bad is it?

Besides, as a fear for the bashing of the FO, frankly I'm hoping Vinny won't be part of the FO much past the end of April.

Remember, dreaming is free!!

I am surprised no one heard this on the radio or intenet but I was driving in to my health club scanning the radio channels and heard a report of a rumour that the Redskins are negtiating with the Raiders for the No 1 pick so they will have time to negotiate a contract with the player they want. And Sorry guys no player names mentioned in the report

I've got some kleenex if you need one.

Save them for yourself. :)

When the Redskins FO make a move, or choose a player in the draft that they (shockingly) don't consult you and the other football "geniuses" about, and you don't like it, you'll be the ones doing the whining.

Maybe then I'll offer you a kleenex :)

Oh lord that is hideous. :doh:

Yes it is. That is why I never posted it before. But since this thread is pretty darn funny, I figured this would get a laugh too.

But if this actually did happen, I think I would slam my head into a brick wall until I lost my memory.

Save them for yourself. :)

When the Redskins FO make a move, or choose a player in the draft that they (shockingly) don't consult you and the other football "geniuses" about, and you don't like it, you'll be the ones doing the whining.

Maybe then I'll offer you a kleenex :)

I'm hearing a lot of sniffling over there -- sure you don't need one? Last offer. I'm serious. I'm putting them away now...

If they were to do that, I would have to seriously wonder if there's anyone with any sense in the Front Office. Drafting Johnson would increase the number of players on the roster who I cannot and won't root for to more than a half dozen. The list of players on the current roster who are on the cusp of joining that list is closer to a dozen.

How does that help anyone? If you don't want to root for anyone, don't root for the people that are making the decision that lead to those players coming here.

I'm hearing a lot of sniffling over there -- sure you don't need one? Last offer. I'm serious. I'm putting them away now...

Like I said save them, you'll need them for the ocean of tears you whiners dispense onto this board every day. :)

If the Raiders take Russell at one, I think there's a good chance the Skins at least call the Lions and try to swing a deal to move up to number two so they can take Calvin Johnson.

Just think about what that means. Vinny Cerrato and Matt Millen on the phone. Two front office legends, trying to outsmart one another. If they put the Redskins and Lions "war rooms" on pay-per-view I would definitely pay to hear that call.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sounds like a fun cartoon.

I don't want Johnson. I know he's a big time talent, but we have much more pressing needs on D, and with the level of talent of DL prospects, we simply have to address it.

~Bang

On a serious note, the rumor I heard (yes this is just a rumor and nothing else) it is our #6, Randel El, and next years 1st or 2nd for the #2 pick.

This "rumor" keeps getting posted in damn near every thread dealing with CJ, Briggs, Vinny, Snyder, Detroit, Millen, Spongebob, Mr. Krabs, or Prudence The Wonder Yak.

It's nothing more than writers speculating on what possible trade bait the Skins might have if they were going to trade up to either #1 or #2.

How does that help anyone? If you don't want to root for anyone, don't root for the people that are making the decision that lead to those players coming here.

I never said I was happy with the front office, or that I would be if this went down. I just don't limit my disdain to the front office people. I can't and won't root for players I don't believe should be on the team. Right now the list of players I definitely won't root for stands at half a dozen. I get the feeling by opening day it might be closer to a dozen.

I never said I was happy with the front office, or that I would be if this went down. I just don't limit my disdain to the front office people. I can't and won't root for players I don't believe should be on the team. Right now the list of players I definitely won't root for stands at half a dozen. I get the feeling by opening day it might be closer to a dozen.

Last time I checked in football you root for a team not a player or players so if you just want to root for a player change the sport and team you root for because last time i checked football was a team sport not individual people

Top 3 draft scenarios I wouldn't be pissed about:

1) Trade out of #6 if there are suitors, maybe pick up a 2nd or 3rd

2) Select Branch, Landry or Adams, jury is out on Anderson

3) Trade up for Johnson, only if BLloyd goes to Lions :rolleyes:

I'll save my FO cynicism until April 28. Or unless they do something friggin' stupid between now and then.....

Last time I checked in football you root for a team not a player or players so if you just want to root for a player change the sport and team you root for because last time i checked football was a team sport not individual people

So far as I'm concerned you can root for the team without rooting for all the individual players. Maybe I just have a little more ingenuity and imagination than you do. For example (to use a player no longer on the roster), let's take David Patten. I would have loved to see us win a Super Bowl last year with him on the roster. It would have been even better if he'd had 0 catches for 0 yards and 0 Touchdowns. If he had been the player to score the game-winning TD in the Super Bowl, I would have been less enthusiastic in my celebration of the victory.

Top 3 draft scenarios I wouldn't be pissed about:

1) Trade out of #6 if there are suitors, maybe pick up a 2nd or 3rd

2) Select Branch, Landry or Adams, jury is out on Anderson

3) Trade up for Johnson, only if BLloyd goes to Lions :rolleyes:

I'll save my FO cynicism until April 28. Or unless they do something friggin' stupid between now and then.....

i was watching anderson tape, the kid is the real deal. good lower body quickness, has some finesse moves and a nasty bull rush. he was pushing tackles and guards over just on his initial explosion. if anything, the jury is out on adams and branch. the surest dl pick may in fact be the rawest

Archived