Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Hello, Matt? This is Vinny."

Hooper

So far as I'm concerned you can root for the team without rooting for all the individual players. Maybe I just have a little more ingenuity and imagination than you do. For example (to use a player no longer on the roster), let's take David Patten. I would have loved to see us win a Super Bowl last year with him on the roster. It would have been even better if he'd had 0 catches for 0 yards and 0 Touchdowns. If he had been the player to score the game-winning TD in the Super Bowl, I would have been less enthusiastic in my celebration of the victory.

So what you're saying is, you would root against a player not because of anything he has done (e.g., if T.O. or Pacman were brought here) but simply because you think he wasn't the right one to pick in the draft? That's insane. Going by the reports of others, this kid is everything that we ask athletes to be - despite his natural talents he is a very hard worker, a smart kid who did not take the easy way out of classes in college, didn't get into any trouble, not a me-first Keyshawn/TO type, etc. He should be a role model for every young receiver out there, and you'd root against him doing well in his rookie season despite all that just to satisfy your own ego. Taking it to the extreme, if he were to come here, the defense had a top 5 year, he was a pro bowler rookie of the year who led the team in touchdowns and yards and helped us win a Super Bowl, you would pout and be "less enthusiastic in your celebration of victory" because YOU would have taken Gaines Adams or whoever.

I couldn't disagree more. Personally, assuming no significant change in his character, I will root for him to do well no matter where he lands.

So...who are the other 5-6 Redskins you refuse to root for, and why?

If Oakland were taking a QB, they would have traded down by now, seeing as trading down as far as 6 still is a lock for Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russell, or in the worst-case scenario, Drew Stanton, who might be the best long-term quarterback available in this draft.

This isn't really the right place to debate this, but I disagree with your statement about Oakland trading down if they wanted a QB.

If Oakland passes on Russell, Millen will take him in a second and we won't have to move to #2 for CJ, because he'd be gone at #1. Now if they want Quinn or Stanton, they can just move on down because neither of those guys is going to light up the board like everyone thinks. It could be my anti-NotreDame bias, but I think Quinn is overrated.

If the Raiders take Russell at one, I think there's a good chance the Skins at least call the Lions and try to swing a deal to move up to number two so they can take Calvin Johnson.

Just think about what that means. Vinny Cerrato and Matt Millen on the phone. Two front office legends, trying to outsmart one another. If they put the Redskins and Lions "war rooms" on pay-per-view I would definitely pay to hear that call.

Now thats funny.... I don't care who you are...

If the Raiders take Russell at one, I think there's a good chance the Skins at least call the Lions and try to swing a deal to move up to number two so they can take Calvin Johnson.

Just think about what that means. Vinny Cerrato and Matt Millen on the phone. Two front office legends, trying to outsmart one another. If they put the Redskins and Lions "war rooms" on pay-per-view I would definitely pay to hear that call.

As fools match wits

So far as I'm concerned you can root for the team without rooting for all the individual players. Maybe I just have a little more ingenuity and imagination than you do. For example (to use a player no longer on the roster), let's take David Patten. I would have loved to see us win a Super Bowl last year with him on the roster. It would have been even better if he'd had 0 catches for 0 yards and 0 Touchdowns. If he had been the player to score the game-winning TD in the Super Bowl, I would have been less enthusiastic in my celebration of the victory.

Well you may but you still got allot to learn LOL I have been a fan before you were ever born I have not only been rooting for this team but i have been to the 72 super bowl a mater of fact i have been to every super bowl this team has participated in. I bleed Burgandy and Gold I root for the team not just individual people. I have personally had items hand autographed by john riggons i even have 1 signed by george allan but then you probably too young to know who that is. So why dont you start rooting for the team instead of whining to whoever will listen.

I don't. I just don't want this trade to happen. It will cost Skins a lot. We should stay where we are and go for defensive line.

You gotta bet a lot to win a lot. And if you know your chances of losing are slim to none...you do it. CJ is the Lebron James of the NFL draft...huge hype that is all going to end up being 100% true.

As usual with the whiners on this board, an ugly attack on the FO of the Redskins made up with no substance behind it, no credence to it.

Just more negativity for negativity's sake. :rolleyes:

Reading a lot of the whiners and reactionary nitwit's posts on this board, I'm sensing an undercurrent of almost disappointment that the Briggs deal didn't go through so they could come here and ***** and moan about it. :)

Now they gotta make crap up in threads to keep the venom going now that their Briggs whinefest has lost steam. :laugh:

:stfu:

It was a joke, get a sense of humor you negative nelly.

:laugh:

So what you're saying is, you would root against a player not because of anything he has done (e.g., if T.O. or Pacman were brought here) but simply because you think he wasn't the right one to pick in the draft? That's insane.

Yes, that is what I am saying. I would also root against T.O or Pacman as well.

Going by the reports of others, this kid is everything that we ask athletes to be - despite his natural talents he is a very hard worker, a smart kid who did not take the easy way out of classes in college, didn't get into any trouble, not a me-first Keyshawn/TO type, etc. He should be a role model for every young receiver out there, and you'd root against him doing well in his rookie season despite all that just to satisfy your own ego.

I'd root against him because he wasn't the player we NEEDED at that position. He could cure cancer and be the second coming of the Lord Almighty, but that wouldn't make him the right player to choose at the #6 pick. It's about my philosophy much more than my ego.

Taking it to the extreme, if he were to come here, the defense had a top 5 year, he was a pro bowler rookie of the year who led the team in touchdowns and yards and helped us win a Super Bowl, you would pout and be "less enthusiastic in your celebration of victory" because YOU would have taken Gaines Adams or whoever.

In a single word, YES. BTW - Either Alan Branch or Adam Carricker (sp) would be my choices at #6.

So...who are the other 5-6 Redskins you refuse to root for, and why?

I'll refrain from the "why" as it's irrelevant to the thread, but the "who" I won't root for includes.... Brunell, Thrash, Rabach, Jimoh, Carlos Rogers, and Jason Fabini (recently acquired former Cowboy). Those on the fence include... J. Campbell, A. Carter, Lloyd, Randel El, C. Griffin, Fletcher-Baker, McIntosh, Smoot, Taylor, and S. Springs.

If you want to discuss that, please contact me privately as it's off-topic for this thread.

As usual with the whiners on this board, an ugly attack on the FO of the Redskins made up with no substance behind it, no credence to it.

Just more negativity for negativity's sake. :rolleyes:

Reading a lot of the whiners and reactionary nitwit's posts on this board, I'm sensing an undercurrent of almost disappointment that the Briggs deal didn't go through so they could come here and ***** and moan about it. :)

Now they gotta make crap up in threads to keep the venom going now that their Briggs whinefest has lost steam. :laugh:

Sounds to me like the words of a REAL skins fan. Great post though it's a shame you had to post it.

Sounds to me like the words of a REAL skins fan. Great post though it's a shame you had to post it.

Yeah, it's like yesterday when Chris Henry said that any fan who wonders why he can't stay out of the back of a police cruiser is "not a real fan." Why don't you draw up a list of the "real" fans? You guys could form your own special club.

Because to me the WAY you WIN and who you do it with is AT LEAST AS IMPORTANT, if not MORE IMPORTANT than the winning itself in my mind.

Well then we will have to do what allot of others do and that is to Agree to dissagree :LOL

If you say so, fine.

I know a pointless attack thread when I see one. And this thread will get uglier and uglier towards the FO. You watch and see.

There are people who whine about the front office and then there are the people who whine about the people whining. Normally the people whining about the people who criticize the front office are homers who think the front office can do no wrong.

There are people who whine about the front office and then there are the people who whine about the people whining. Normally the people whining about the people who criticize the front office are homers who think the front office can do no wrong.

Oh, now you're trashing the front office and the fans? HATER!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bliz

Going by the reports of others, this kid is everything that we ask athletes to be - despite his natural talents he is a very hard worker, a smart kid who did not take the easy way out of classes in college, didn't get into any trouble, not a me-first Keyshawn/TO type, etc. He should be a role model for every young receiver out there, and you'd root against him doing well in his rookie season despite all that just to satisfy your own ego.

I'd root against him because he wasn't the player we NEEDED at that position. He could cure cancer and be the second coming of the Lord Almighty, but that wouldn't make him the right player to choose at the #6 pick. It's about my philosophy much more than my ego.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bliz

Taking it to the extreme, if he were to come here, the defense had a top 5 year, he was a pro bowler rookie of the year who led the team in touchdowns and yards and helped us win a Super Bowl, you would pout and be "less enthusiastic in your celebration of victory" because YOU would have taken Gaines Adams or whoever.

In a single word, YES. BTW - Either Alan Branch or Adam Carricker (sp) would be my choices at #6.QUOTE]

It is very clearly much more about your ego than your philosophy. And when it comes to these draft questions it's really more opinion than philosophy anyway. But in any case, you'd rather root against CJ and the team as a whole doing well than learn that you were wrong and the FO was right. If the defense is top 5 as is, you would celebrate less because our front office made a great personnel decision for once. You'd hold it against the player instead of being proud of your organization for making the correct moves. To paraphrase White Men Can't Jump, you would rather be right and lose than be wrong and win.

That is 100% ego. You think you know football and talent evaluation better than the front office, and would rather be right than have your team win. The only "philosophy" I see is: What I say is right. I will hold grudges and never admit I was wrong. If I am wrong, I will pout and cry but the one thing I won't do is credit and celebrate the professionals for doing their job well.

I think I'll pass on the debate about the others you root against :)

wow this is like the time Timmay and Jimmy fought it out on south park.

better than a girl-fight.

2 retards er cripples.... oh nevermind.

Yes ... reminds me of the old saying " Fighting over the internet is like running in the special Olympics ... win or not ... you're still a .... oh never mind !!!"

Some people need to grow up and get a sense of humor !!!

With all the Briggs BS the past week or so it's nice to laugh at something even if it is at the exspense of the FO puppet !! You've got to admit it would be a funny conversation between those two .... they'd probably trade, trade and trade some more and end up with the same picks and the Lions taking CJ !!! :doh:

Archived