Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What was gained by AA trade

cozmikbuffalo

How about Jeff George as the worst signing and then reupping him and firing him leaving us with Tony Banks?

Yeah he probably should be on the list.....but he had couple flashes of jaw droppin plays before he got the ax.....the guy was waste of SERIOUS talent too bad he is just "not there" mentally...

If you really want the worst free agent safety acquired by the 'skins... how about James Washington. That was a terrible signing. Or Carl Banks. Norv blew up the team and replaced them with horrendously past it players. Alvin Harper?

I read the thread and I know he was "joking" as DWINZIT states, but I am tired of reading through a thread only to see the sarcasm TK exhibits too often. His sarcasm isn't really that funny and I think he is an idiot.

Now I want to preface this statement by saying most of the mods on this board due an awesome job, but on many an occasion TK has crossed the very line he is supposed to monitor.

Thus, TK = idiot.

BSChurm I just wanted to point out the irony in calling someone an idiot when, in the same post, you you cannot use the word DO correctly. Instead you use DUE.

Didn't you know? Highest post count each year gets a burgandy and gold 1957 souped-up Cadilac with Joe, the Indian prominently featured on the hood.
reeeaaallllllyyyyy, did not know that... To reply to the OP, we lost a guy that did not fit in our system and if he had stayed would probably have demanded a trade and caused problems. We gained a 6th round draft pick and a little bit of money we would have paid.... thats about it.

I read the thread and I know he was "joking" as DWINZIT states, but I am tired of reading through a thread only to see the sarcasm TK exhibits too often. His sarcasm isn't really that funny and I think he is an idiot.

Equating the words "feathered" and "Iggles" (Eagles) is not sarcasm. It's just humor.

You calling him an "idiot" is just a childish "Oh yeah, well so are you!" retort.

As for the topic, AA for a 6th and the rest of his contract off the books is a consolation prize. It's the Rice-A-Roni parting gift of this whole mess.

BSChurm I just wanted to point out the irony in calling someone an idiot when, in the same post, you you cannot use the word DO correctly. Instead you use DUE.

And you capitalized the S and C in my screen name when it shouldn't be. Mistakes happen, especially in the heat of a debate. If a minor grammatical error makes me an idiot, then I guess I am.

I am just tired of the double standards TK shows and I spoke up. If you have a problem with that, then oh well.

As for the topic of this thread I hate the iggles:eaglesuck , oh wait, that isn't the topic of this thread. Guess this is just antother boost to my thread count. Sound familiar?

If you really want the worst free agent safety acquired by the 'skins... how about James Washington.

Good call on JW. I loved his radio show however.

"Feathered friends" which started a lot of name calling in this thread, could also represent the feathers on the Redskin helmet, not necessarily the Iggles. And therefore not necessary to create all those wasted posts (IMO).

Maybe if the FO has given up on Brandon Lloyd also(:2cents:), we can send him off for another 6th.

Then we can package our 3 6th's and the 5th and move to the stratosphere of the 4th round!!:)

On AA: I would've bet money we wouldn't get anything at all for him, so a 6th rounder is a bit of a bonus. And to lose the distraction of him having another LaVar year on the pine, that's called addition by subtraction.

Yeah he probably should be on the list.....but he had couple flashes of jaw droppin plays before he got the ax.....the guy was waste of SERIOUS talent too bad he is just "not there" mentally...

The real waste of talent with George was how using him meant getting rid of Brad Johnson. Man, it still pains me that the Skins had Johnson and Davis and couldn't get it together. It's sad, really. I really wanted Green to go out on a high note.

Total agreement on the earlier Deion statement; hate on him all you want, but he could still play. 28 wouldn't've taken himself out for a loser. And man, that was a snappy suit he wore when he signed. ;)

I wish the Skins would've kept AA another year. Looked like there was some wiggle room in the cap situation, and perhaps keeping him another year would have either allowed him to be used properly or at least spread out the hit. But that's what the trade *lost*. As others have said, the trade bagged a cruddy pick and dumped some cap. Yeehaw.

Imho, A.A. was traded b/c of his big price tag, which was a mistake, and GW figured that out. Now by trading him we don't have to carry that big price tag in the coming years. We take a hit now but we get a 6th pick and we don't suffer later.

I belive we would still have A.A. and he would be a solid replacement and is a good special teams player, if not for his $$$$$$contract.

There have been so many bad signings....AA was not one of them.....our refusal to use him in situations that he excels at was the big problem. We had the same problem with alot of other people too...See: LaVar Arrington, most of our DB's and WR's, our QB's, etc. I think our coaching staff needs to learn that square pegs don't fit in round holes.

Archived