Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Since The Skins Have Given Up On Mcintosh....(Merged)

GIBBS LIVES

The "whiny" diatribes wouldn't have to be given constantly if people started using their brains when they post and actually tried to make some sort of semblence of sense rather than jumping to absurd conclusions and proclaiming the world to be ending as we know it.

I haven't seen anyone post the world is ending.

The condemning responses have been equally virulent. The fact is a substantial investment was made in a player who was not used. It is perfectly natural to speculate - positive or negative - on why the player wasn't used.

What is happening here are attacks on a poster for tone...given that NO ONE appears to know why Rocky didn't play. And that is what is driving this discussion...not why he might play this season or next.

I agree that we don't need to go overboard on this. but see no reason why the poster should be attacked for the "tonal" qualities of his post.

I'm surprised some of you guys haven't killed yourself yet. Why not wait to whine and complain 'till after something actually takes place. It's not like your B****ing and moaning is gonna change any decisions that the FO is going to make. I feel sure that they have more confidence in their abilities than they do ours. There are so many opinions being stated here and everyone is confident that they are right. Who do you suggest they should listen to?

no disrespect...but isn't that what a message board is for?

the biggest sham going is the "make an argument based on facts". usually posted by the same folks who like to trumpet that none of us know what the FO is thinking or what is going on in the inner sanctum.

I haven't seen anyone post the world is ending.

The condemning responses have been equally virulent. The fact is a substantial investment was made in a player who was not used. It is perfectly natural to speculate - positive or negative - on why the player wasn't used.

What is happening here are attacks on a poster for tone...given that NO ONE appears to know why Rocky didn't play. And that is what is driving this discussion...not why he might play this season or next.

I agree that we don't need to go overboard on this. but see no reason why the poster should be attacked for the "tonal" qualities of his post.

Where you're mistaken is I wasn't "attacking" anyone. I was commenting on EVERYONE that agrees with that sentiment's ability to think rationally about this situation. Big difference. Assuming Rocky is done is not a good assumption, and yes, there is a difference between good assumptions and bad ones. He's going into his second year. He's not too old. He didn't show he stunk.

Remember, Dale Lindsey is gone, too. That could change the dynamic of Rocky playing as well. It's all a giant crapshoot. I'm just saying think a bit more rationally before jumping off of a bridge (and that, just like my comment about the world ending was laced with sarcasm, and not a literal meaning).

Where you're mistaken is I wasn't "attacking" anyone. I was commenting on EVERYONE that agrees with that sentiment's ability to think rationally about this situation. Big difference. Assuming Rocky is done is not a good assumption, and yes, there is a difference between good assumptions and bad ones. He's going into his second year. He's not too old. He didn't show he stunk.

Remember, Dale Lindsey is gone, too. That could change the dynamic of Rocky playing as well. It's all a giant crapshoot. I'm just saying think a bit more rationally before jumping off of a bridge (and that, just like my comment about the world ending was laced with sarcasm, and not a literal meaning).

ok...we can meet 1/2 way... :cheers:

I'm surprised some of you guys haven't killed yourself yet. Why not wait to whine and complain 'till after something actually takes place. It's not like your B****ing and moaning is gonna change any decisions that the FO is going to make. I feel sure that they have more confidence in their abilities than they do ours. There are so many opinions being stated here and everyone is confident that they are right. Who do you suggest they should listen to?

At some point fans will grow frustrated. Its not lets wait and see what they do next :doh: we see the track record I'm glad you think they have confidence in their abilities the fact is there confidence has not done them any good maybe they should think about changing the way they do things and they should question there ablities and make some changes in the structure of the FO.

At some point fans will grow frustrated. Its not lets wait and see what they do next :doh: we see the track record I'm glad you think they have confidence in their abilities the fact is there confidence has not done them any good maybe they should think about changing the way they do things and they should question there ablities and make some changes in the structure of the FO.

Yes, we do. But it doesn't change that these reactions are all knee-jerk and not well thought out.

Maybe they have changed the way they do things. No trade has occured yet.

Yes, we do. But it doesn't change that these reactions are all knee-jerk and not well thought out.

Maybe they have changed the way they do things. No trade has occured yet.

Has the skins FO proven that they don't make knee-jerk decisions that are not well thought out over the years? Knee-Jerk is bringing in a guy with a big name paying him $20mill guaranteed when you have TWO capable players in Rocky and Lemar at the weakside.

Have the skins FO proven that they don't make knee-jerk decisions that are not well thought out over the years? Knee-Jerk is bringing in a guy with a big name paying him $20mill guaranteed when you have TWO capable players in Rocky and Lemar at the weakside.

No, I'm not sure where I've disagreed with you. But things change. We seem to have made a change this offseason prior to the whole Briggs ordeal, and almost everyone would have been in agreement about it.

But just because the 'Skins FO has made knee-jerk reactions, why does it make it okay for the fans to do the same thing that you dog the 'Skins for? Knee-jerk reactions.

Oh, and by the way, I've said this in every post I've made and here it is again...

We haven't traded for Lance Briggs. We don't even know if the "rumors" are true. There are so many conflicting reports its ridiculous. There's nothing even there yet to get upset about.

You're pretty much getting worked up over "rumors".

No, I'm not sure where I've disagreed with you. But things change. We seem to have made a change this offseason prior to the whole Briggs ordeal, and almost everyone would have been in agreement about it.

But just because the 'Skins FO has made knee-jerk reactions, why does it make it okay for the fans to do the same thing that you dog the 'Skins for? Knee-jerk reactions.

Oh, and by the way, I've said this in every post I've made and here it is again...

We haven't traded for Lance Briggs. We don't even know if the "rumors" are true. There are so many conflicting reports its ridiculous. There's nothing even there yet to get upset about.

You're pretty much getting worked up over "rumors".

WORKED UP! WORKED UP!

J.k. :laugh:

This is my first thread really getting into the matter I ignored it the first few days. I'm just saying I'm not surprised that the fans are all having knee jerk reactions. We have been here done this and in the past maybe would have all been for the Briggs move 100%. As for the trade it self stop fooling yourself it has been submitted by the skins. A lot of stuff is speculation but us putting the trade on the table is not. There are enough "sources" I'm starting to kind of ride the fence with this trade I don't like it but its not the end of the world :)

WORKED UP! WORKED UP!

J.k. :laugh:

This is my first thread really getting into the matter I ignored it the first few days. I'm just saying I'm not surprised that the fans are all having knee jerk reactions. We have been here done this and in the past maybe would have all been for the Briggs move 100%. As for the trade it self stop fooling yourself it has been submitted by the skins. A lot of stuff is speculation but us putting the trade on the table is not. There are enough "sources" I'm starting to kind of ride the fence with this trade I don't like it but its not the end of the world :)

I'm not fooling myself. It more than likely was offered. But at this juncture it's not possible to know 100% either way, unless I missed a 'Skins official commenting on their proposal.

And that's not really what bothers me. What bothers me is the assumptions from people that think they have any semblence of a clue as to what's going to happen to Rocky/Cooley/Taylor/the waterboy after the Briggs deal is done or not done...

WHY HAVE TEH SKINS GIVEN UP ON JASON CAMPBELL!@???

I Mean They Were At Jamarcus Russell's Pro Day, So That Means They Gave Up On Jason Campbell, Right?

and,,,mark burnell;.,startedl,;9 games ,.last';year, so that,.;.means,;that.,,,capmbellwasn;t the '[guy they.,,,wanted, right!?

(I ran out of annoying ways to type...sorry)

If they were to pick-up Briggs I think we might just see a little more of the 3-4 defence. Just think if they started off the game in the 3-4 Rocky would be in as a LB. Once they swich back to the 4-3 Rocky would then become the strong safty. The D would only have to rotate a DL and DB/back-up SS to swich back and forth.

Wait, I'm confused... When did GW say he gave up on Rocky? Oh he didn't?

When did Gibbs say it then? Oh, he didn't either?

When did Snyder? No?

Oh, so what's pretty much going on is a bunch of people, on the internet, have decided that the 'Skins must have given up on McIntosh because of the Briggs deal. It kinda makes sense if you only think linearly. But what if they are worried about MW's health? Someone would have to play that side. Or, what if they are grooming Rocky to play in the middle when London is done? Or maybe they're switching to a 3-4?

No it couldn't be any of those things or any other reasonable explanation. It's got to be the doom and gloom explanation. Otherwise some of our fairweather Redskin fans wouldn't be able to threaten giving up on the team forever.

Get over yourselves. You have no idea what's going on in Redskins Park, and neither do I. Don't pass your opinion as fact. It's more ignorance than it is factual to begin with.

When did Gibbs come out and say he's given up on Adam Archuletta?? He didn't ! When did Gibbs come out and say he gave up on David Patten??? He didn't!

Actions speak louder then words. There are always a contingent of rose colored glasses wearers who think that everything is fine. Well, here's a news flash: WE ARE PICKING 6TH IN THE NFL DRAFT BECAUSE WE ARE THE 6TH WORSE TEAM IN FOOTBALL! That's how you get the 6th pick! We have arguably the worse D-line in football son! It doesn't matter how good or talented the back 7 of a defense are if the front 4 on defense can't stop the run or pressure the opposing QB! Yet, we have a FO that is trying to go after players in areas that don't need to be addressed (Lance Briggs & Calvin Johnson). With Gibbs making this statement today, " You don't use the 6th pick in a draft on players that have holes." Meaning that he doesn't like Anderson, Branch, Adams at the sixth pick. Gibbs said this!

The first thing any defense is suppose to do is stop the run. You need to look no further then the Falcons game and the Giants game last season to see what I'm talking about.

Gibbs is a terrible GM. Who doesn't know what he is doing. Which is why he and Beathard clased so much back in the day. Gibbs is a great coach. Period!

But we need a real GM in here instead of the three blind mice we have running this team.

When did Gibbs come out and say he's given up on Adam Archuletta?? He didn't ! When did Gibbs come out and say he gave up on David Patten??? He didn't!

Actions speak louder then words. There are always a contingent of rose colored glasses wearers who think that everything is fine. Well, here's a news flash: WE ARE PICKING 6TH IN THE NFL DRAFT BECAUSE WE ARE THE 6TH WORSE TEAM IN FOOTBALL! That's how you get the 6th pick! We have arguably the worse D-line in football son! It doesn't matter how good or talented the back 7 of a defense are if the front 4 on defense can't stop the run or pressure the opposing QB! Yet, we have a FO that is trying to go after players in areas that don't need to be addressed (Lance Briggs & Calvin Johnson). With Gibbs making this statement today, " You don't use the 6th pick in a draft on players that have holes." Meaning that he doesn't like Anderson, Branch, Adams at the sixth pick. Gibbs said this!

The first thing any defense is suppose to do is stop the run. You need to look no further then the Falcons game and the Giants game last season to see what I'm talking about.

Gibbs is a terrible GM. Who doesn't know what he is doing. Which is why he and Beathard clased so much back in the day. Gibbs is a great coach. Period!

But we need a real GM in here instead of the three blind mice we have running this team.

First off, never call me son again. It's horribly tacky and shows what kind of person you are.

And I'm glad you've let me in on how we got the 6th pick in the draft. Your little schpiel is a real eye opener. Thanks to you I now understand the game of football and without your vast knowledge I'd clearly be lost.

I never once said the Briggs deal is good, but you've jumped over and through logistics and leaped into the world of LaLa. You're assuming too much and making yourself look like a fool, although I'm sure you're really not.

So what if he doesn't like Adams, Branch or any of the DL prospects? I don't either. And there's others here who don't like them. Are you suggesting we draft someone who won't pay dividends and wind up being a flop at the 6 slot just for the sake of drafting them? Good strategy. :rolleyes:

You're the only person I know that can assess a player based on one year as a backup, special teams play, and one or two starts under his belt. The problem is, I'd give him an above average grade based on what little reps he got. This is a horrible assessment based on little evidence, and the evidence we do have is mostly positive. Consideration for Briggs has nothing to do with Rocky's development IMO. Rocky isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but he's young. Point is, how do you figure that the coaches have given up on Rocky? Just b/c they've allegedly shown interest in acquiring Briggs doesn't mean they've given up on Rocky. Poopy thread :pooh:...respectfully of course :D

HTTR

I doubt they're giving up on Mcintosh. Maybe they want a DEEP LB core. Only GW knows.

If, indeed, they have given up on Rocky.. Better now then later.

Am I wronge or do i remember reports about the guy supposably being a little "slow" in learning the system?

Who knows.. Maybe he forgot to call GW "sir" at practice. Maybe he tripped and kicked over GW's cup of gatorade? They dont tell us these things.

I'm getting tired of hearing about how hard Greg Williams so called system is to pick up. Funny how people like Champ, Smoot and Lavar for example can pick up the systems of Marvin Lewis, Ray Rhodes and Kurt Shottenheimer yet Greg Willaims system is supposed to be so complicated.

If I remember correctly Mcintosh was supposed to score real high on the wonderlic test. Thats why the SKins spent two 2nd rd picks and a 6th rounder on him. But he couldn't play in front of Holdman. If he can't play in front of Holdman, thats sad to me.

You're the only person I know that can assess a player based on one year as a backup, special teams play, and one or two starts under his belt. The problem is, I'd give him an above average grade based on what little reps he got. This is a horrible assessment based on little evidence, and the evidence we do have is mostly positive. Consideration for Briggs has nothing to do with Rocky's development IMO. Rocky isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but he's young. Point is, how do you figure that the coaches have given up on Rocky? Just b/c they've allegedly shown interest in acquiring Briggs doesn't mean they've given up on Rocky. Poopy thread :pooh:...respectfully of course :D

HTTR

I haven't given up on Rocky...but cmon now.....not starting when the only obstacle is Warrick Holdman? doesn't pass the sniff test.

Archived