Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Since The Skins Have Given Up On Mcintosh....(Merged)

GIBBS LIVES

I'm now more convinced then ever that the skins wanted D'qual Jackson. Jackson was taken just before our pick in the second round. By taking their "consolation" LB, they passed on Winston Justice and Deuce Lutui, both who could have helped us on the O-line.

Just further proof how lost the three blind mice in the FO really are.

I do not understand why the Skins would give up on a 2nd round linebacker who is highly rated and did not even play much last season. Does everybody think every rookie linebacker must start and make the pro bowl or ELSE. Whats up with that.

Rocky has what it takes and will end up a starting linebacker either this year or next year. Not everybody comes in as Laurence Taylor did....not even Briggs.

I'm now more convinced then ever that the skins wanted D'qual Jackson. Jackson was taken just before our pick in the second round. By taking their "consolation" LB, they passed on Winston Justice and Deuce Lutui, both who could have helped us on the O-line.

Just further proof how lost the three blind mice in the FO really are.

The Sky is falling!

Heres an idea.. maybe we could just cry a river & swim to the superbowl? Seems to be your approach

The Sky is falling!

Heres an idea.. maybe we could just cry a river & swim to the superbowl? Seems to be your approach

Well we aren't going to get one any other way.Looks like i am going to have out live Snyder.Thats the only way i will ever see a SB.

It is rediculous that they have already given up on Rocky. I wanted Dqwell at the time too and I'm pretty sure they did too but it's crazy to give up somebody who has only had 1 career start.

Maybe they know more than we do. Maybe there was a reason he couldn't beat out Highway 57 for the starting spot.

who's d'qual?

its d'qwell.

and as much as i loved him (being that i go to MD), he's not an urlacher or briggs or thomas. he's a player with all the heart in the world, good instincts, but he's not going to be that type of player in the NFL. he'll be solid, but not stellar. Stop giving up on rocky yet, you haven't even seen him play.

its premature to make a judgement on a player who has played as little as he has.

I doubt they're giving up on Mcintosh. Maybe they want a DEEP LB core. Only GW knows.

If, indeed, they have given up on Rocky.. Better now then later.

Am I wronge or do i remember reports about the guy supposably being a little "slow" in learning the system?

Who knows.. Maybe he forgot to call GW "sir" at practice. Maybe he tripped and kicked over GW's cup of gatorade? They dont tell us these things.

The skins have almost reached the offseason champion status. right now we're in the offfseason championship mode...if we get briggs we're yet again offseason superbowl champions. it'll be a shame we never gave rock a genuine start...if we sign birggs.

there are a # of items you could site in regards to McIntosh. Like the fact that many felt we didn't even need to trade up/part with future picks to even get him where we did on the board. What's been going through my mind with all this Briggs "hoo-hah" the last two days: have we given up on Rocky before even really seeing what he's got? why else would be considering another LB at this point? Also, is this an insurance policy because of Marcus Washington's health issues? ahhhh, i hate our GM! oh wait, we don't have one...

Ok, I want someone who thinks that the Redskins have "given up" on McIntosh to respond to these facts:

1 - Marcus Washington and London Fletcher are turning 30 and 32 this season, respectively.

2 - Rocky McIntosh would be the primary back-up at all three LB positions.

3 - Greg Williams rotates back-ups in to keep the bodies on the defense fresh ALL THE TIME.

4 - In addition, he uses many packages that call for four linebackers.

Given all of that, not only will McIntosh be getting plenty of playing time this season, regardless of the make-up of the LB corps, but he is also going to be an anchor of the unit for years to come - probably a full-time starter no more than 2 seasons down the line. So how, how, HOW does that equate with the team giving up on him? HOW?

You have to figure that washington and and Fletcher will play at least three more years. Just want to point out that Rocky only has tree more years on his contract as well. Do you really think the Skins will resign him?

Ok, I want someone who thinks that the Redskins have "given up" on McIntosh to respond to these facts:

1 - Marcus Washington and London Fletcher are turning 30 and 32 this season, respectively.

2 - Rocky McIntosh would be the primary back-up at all three LB positions.

3 - Greg Williams rotates back-ups in to keep the bodies on the defense fresh ALL THE TIME.

4 - In addition, he uses many packages that call for four linebackers.

Given all of that, not only will McIntosh be getting plenty of playing time this season, regardless of the make-up of the LB corps, but he is also going to be an anchor of the unit for years to come - probably a full-time starter no more than 2 seasons down the line. So how, how, HOW does that equate with the team giving up on him? HOW?

I doubt they're giving up on Mcintosh. Maybe they want a DEEP LB core. Only GW knows.

If, indeed, they have given up on Rocky.. Better now then later.

Am I wronge or do i remember reports about the guy supposably being a little "slow" in learning the system?

Who knows.. Maybe he forgot to call GW "sir" at practice. Maybe he tripped and kicked over GW's cup of gatorade? They dont tell us these things.

it appeared to me in the few times I watched him that the main drawback was his tendancy to sit and watch a split second too long before recognizing and reacting. who knows...hard to judge when he hasn't seen much playing time.

Archived